Rear door sill protectors

Just wondering if anyone has these, the vrs and scout have them in the front as standard, so ,I have much to swmbo dismay, been on superskoda again and ordered some OEM rear ones for both cars.

I was keen to get these as my young ones tend to stand on the sills - obviously this will scratch the sills but the bare paint is fairly slippy.

Anyone fitted these / any tips?

Easytofit .  think there may be a template available but toy don't need it, just offer up, get happy on location, peel off the wax paper from the sticky pads, carefully position, pushdown, admire.

• Like 1

Thanks Neil, wasn't sure if it was a common addition, or what models have it all round as standard

They aren't on the rear for the vrs? :(

Front only on mine at least (and scout), think thery'e costing the exchange rate equivalent of about £36 inc delivery - this is for one set, but I've got saving delivery for second set for the scout and also rear bumper guard I'm getting for the scout.
  • Like 1

rear bumper guard I'm getting for the scout.

Is there any definite knowledge of which bumper guards properly for the scout, without leaving paint on the corner exposed?

Hmm, what colour/finish to go for...

Thanks Neil, wasn't sure if it was a common addition, or what models have it all round as standard

Front only on mine at least (and scout), think thery'e costing the exchange rate equivalent of about £36 inc delivery - this is for one set, but I've got saving delivery for second set for the scout and also rear bumper guard I'm getting for the scout.

I got a set from super skoda after I was told that the rears were on back order in UK and couldn't say when they may be available. Don't forget to degrease the sills to ensure the adhesive pads stick properly.

I was looking at them but wondered if you could put a 3m wrap on the sills before fitting them as the protectors don't cover the full sill, I know the kids will put their feet on the other side of the protectors.  Can i order the 3m stuff on its own and make a template?  How easy is it?

• Like 1

Is there any definite knowledge of which bumper guards properly for the scout, without leaving paint on the corner exposed?

Hmm, what colour/finish to go for...

The issue is the Vrs and scout bumpers are deeper than the normal bumper but I'm going for the OEM one in silver as I have this on the vrs anyway and like the look - it does leave the lip exposed but we don't have dogs so this isn't so much of a worry. However I'm assuming people have the rgm / rearguards ones on their vrs' - I'll try and measure up later and see if the depth and width are the exactly the same on the scout as the vrs, as if so a rgm vrs one will do.

I got a set from super skoda after I was told that the rears were on back order in UK and couldn't say when they may be available. Don't forget to degrease the sills to ensure the adhesive pads stick properly.

Aparently were despatched the morning after order, so should find out in next few days. I've got some decom shampoo and pre-paint wipes I used for the vrs rear protector so will make sure it's back to paint.

. However I'm assuming people have the rgm / rearguards ones on their vrs' - I'll try and measure up later and see if the depth and width are the exactly the same on the scout as the vrs, as if so a rgm vrs one will do.

Thanks, that'd be great.

Does anyone have a Scout bumperguard with full-coverage?

Quite annoyed by this. I assumed that as the brochure had a picture of the front sill protector on vrs that it would have protectors on the back too.

That's another hidden expense from cost cutting that I will have to pay for too?!

I was looking at them but wondered if you could put a 3m wrap on the sills before fitting them as the protectors don't cover the full sill, I know the kids will put their feet on the other side of the protectors.  Can i order the 3m stuff on its own and make a template?  How easy is it?

I fitted 3M tape to the front sills (us poor Elegance owners didn't even get the front sill covers free when I bought mine). Personally I would not stick 3M tape over the whole sill before installing the cover,  as I'm note sure how well the cover would stick to it. It might a;lso complicate future removal of the 3M tape.

I didn't use a template - just cut it out carefuly. The tape covered the "bare" part of the sill and just over the lip of the sill where the sill cover would sit. The sill then covered the edge of the tape when it was fitted, so that the edge looks neat, and the sill cover then adheres directly to the painted metal.

Easy job, and it's not the end of the world if you don't make a 100% professional job as its invsible 99% of the time.

Got my 3M tape ex fleabay, but there are lots of suppliers out there.

Thanks, that'd be great.

Does anyone have a Scout bumperguard with full-coverage?

Unfortunately they are not the same depth, the scout is about 110mm deep at the ends and 120mm deep in the middle, whereas the vrs is about 10mm deeper generally - maybe and probably same curve profile but I'd need to check that with some card template or something - maybe line the new protector up when I get it, this one just sits on top as you know so not critical on the curve but the edge one would need to be right I guess.

If they're the same profile the it maybe the vrs ram one would fit but it depends how far back towards the boot rubber it goes as it could mean trimming circa 10mm off it at the back somehow.

Will have a look at the curve when the protector arrives.

• Like 1

On the Super Skoda rear door sill protectors the instructions were not visible / legible. There are two different coloured pads on the rear of the items - yellow / white. The white pads are spacers and are not adhesive; therefore no matter how much you try, you will not be able to remove what looks like the protective backing - the yellow pads are as you would expect. I used some 3M double sided sticky pads to provide some additional adhesion.

• Like 1

On the Super Skoda rear door sill protectors the instructions were not visible / legible. There are two different coloured pads on the rear of the items - yellow / white. The white pads are spacers and are not adhesive; therefore no matter how much you try, you will not be able to remove what looks like the protective backing - the yellow pads are as you would expect. I used some 3M double sided sticky pads to provide some additional adhesion.

Thanks, will remember that as I'd probably be there hours trying to remove the backing - will look out for some sticky pads also.

Thanks, will remember that as I'd probably be there hours trying to remove the backing - will look out for some sticky pads also.

I'm just happy that others do not suffer the same time wasted...

I seem to recall I used a non-permanent marker to mark where the sill protector would fit, and then measured both sides to ensure they were in the same place.

I offerd the covers up, carefully adjusted positioning, checked both sides, then used a pencil to mark my silver sills while I removed the sticky tape covering. Faint, temporary, easily wiped off what could still be seen.

My only gripe is that they (OEM) could be a bit bigger. Front and back. The Rearguards bumper protector offers better protection that the Skoda door sills.

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/media/gbu0/html/Rearguard%20Instruction%20Page.pdf

After thoughly washing the car using my preferred method, I lightly used a bit of white spirit on a soft lint free cloth to gently clean the surface, then I just used a bit of gaffer tape to mark the left and right edges during the test fit.

Then removed the left and right stickies and pulled out the leader of the long one once in positions, as shown on the destructions above.

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted the Rearguard protector to my 2015 Scout - they have just become available for this model:

BumperProtector1_zpswvqdljrj.jpg

BumperProtector2_zpsadiawrin.jpg

BumperProtector3_zpson1sarao.jpg

Very pleased with the fit and look - on metallic grey it blends nicely with the overall look of the car. And Rearguard were very understanding when I realised that I'd ordered the vRS one first by mistake, and they quickly exchanged it for the correct one!

• Like 3

Just to throw a couple of words of warning in (bit late for some granted) had one of these (rearguards) on another machine and after around a year it had warped lifting a few mil at one end enough to rub the paint from the lip of the tailgate when it touched the ribs in the protector (no ribs on the octy one from what I see)

The black one had also faded badly after a year compared to the bit covered by the tailgate. Looked pretty bad on a black car. That was also after using nearly all their recommended concoctions to treat the colour. All fitted exactly as they said.

To be fair they did offer to send me a new one but as it had done more damage than I would have done without it I declined

Took it off and used on of those thick "film" type protectors which is only good for scratches and wont stop heavy dings but it is still stuck down and the same colour over two years on.

Needless to say probably won't use one again.