New suspension to lower the car

Since it´s time to replace my stock suspension i´m going to purchase new ones. The car is in my opinion quite high of the ground and the space between the wheel and fenders is about 7cm and it makes 18" look small.... I would love to take it down about 3-4 cm. Ofcourse i know it´s a family car and it´s supposed to be this way but i still want it a bit lower to the ground

As you can see in the picture the 18" looks so small with the big gap between tyre and fender. Looks a bit wierd  :D

The setup i´m thinking about is good old "Bilstein B4 + Eibach springs". This will run about 330-350 gpb which is abut what i want to spend. This will be about 3cm lower according to Eibach. I know the B4 are for standard replacement and the B8 would be better suited for the job. But since i´m not lowering it that much i think the B4 will suffice.

i was browsing EBAY and found some coilover kits with (to me) unknown fabricators like Lowtec. Some would lower the car by 7cm which is way to much. Anyone tried any of the ebay kits?

Other suggestions or setups?

Thanks!!!

post-110155-0-63567800-1434932411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesse82
  • Like 1

The Bilstein/Eibach B12 (-30mm) kit is quite popular. It uses the B8 shocks, but the B4 shocks would probably work fine with 30mm lowering, though the lifetime of the shocks could decrease.

Stay away from the cheap coilovers. I have heard good things about the KW street comforts. They are not cheap though.

I ordered the B12 actually. Not that much more money.

But the company wants to know the following:

KBA - Nummer (2.1 und 2.2 im Fahrzeugschein): German number we dont have here in sweden i guess???
Achslasten (7.1 und 7.2 im Fahrzeugschein): Some kind of axle load? cant see this in my carregistration
Tag der Erstzulassung - Easy one, date when first in trafic
Hat das Auto evtl. Niveauregulierung am Heck ? : Does the car have automatic gain control in the back????
Verfügt das Fahrzeug über einen 2-Rad oder Allradantrieb? : 2 or 4 wheel
Hat Ihr Fahrzeug ein Automatikgetriebe oder eine Handschaltung? : Manual or auto

Thanks

Edited by Jesse82

To answer my own question: Yes, it does have automatic gain control in the back. So this has too be modified so that the xenon lights will adjust according to the angle of the car.

Dunno how it´s supposed to be done but i think i can manage. Anyone done this?

I was expecting to do have to something about the auto levellers myself... but the headlights are no higher than they were on the old suspension 

• Like 1

I was expecting to do have to something about the auto levellers myself... but the headlights are no higher than they were on the old suspension 

And they still adjust correctly? would be great not to have to modify this. :)

I had to cancel the order since the company i ordered from replied that they did not have it in stock (had more than 8 when i ordered). They blamed it on Eibach and that they were rebuilding the warehouses. Got my money back and ordered from another dealer....same thing. So i guess that Eibach cant deliever. It´s annoying that they say on the webpage that it is in stock when it´s not...

But then i found a coilover kit that looked quite good. It was not the cheap ones nor the most expensive ones. I got them for 570 euro which is what i was going to pay for the B12 kit.

The kit is from Vogtland and will lower 15-40mm which is perfect for me. There is another kit that will lower even more,'

I´ll update when i get them,

Kind regards from Sweden!

Just got another email from the same company saying that they dont have the item in stock even though they have it in stock on the webpage. 

For future reference do not order from https://www.aze-tuning.de/

Slow mail response and not accurate stock.

I have now "lost" about 2weeks because of this company.

Hi

I bought a Koni suspension kit from here http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/koni-sport-suspension-kits/skoda/superb.html They have other makes as well http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/performance/skoda/superb.html  They didn't have them on stock, but Dan Garlick <[email protected]> was quick to respond to emails, knew the products and gave realistic delivery dates (they actually arrived sooner than promised)

Guy

I acutally found a dealer close to me (denmark) that looks good. A little bit more expensive (429,82 £ for B12)but it is worth it since it is faster. He also replies very fast on mail and answers all my stupid questions.

The thing is that i dont want it to low so coilovers would be a good alternative since i can adjust the height. 

Is there anyone who has the B12 kit on a superb who can post a image from the side, just to see how low it gets!

Edited by Jesse82

Just doing something similar. Bilstein B6 with standard height Sachs springs. Considered lowing (for economy - greenline is lower) but my Superb is a mile muncher (Just past 190k miles. Bought it at 102k in April '10) and didn't want to increase any stress on the suspension joints or power train.

I've got the springs and shockers on order, and I will place an order for the following from Eurocarparts:

Strut Top Mounts: 609440810 (2 of £20.34)
Strut Top Mount Kits: 669440200 (1 of £17.10)

Any one know if I have the quantities above right and if there is a nuts and bolts kit available too? I imagine alot of the fastenings are rusty.

Cheers,

Wesley.

Edited by WesBrooks

• 4 weeks later...

Done!

Had some problems getting the B12 kit so i ordered a AP Coilover kit. After two adjustments to the height i got i to work just fine! The car feels much more responsive and stiff.

Here are some samples.

post-110155-0-83697900-1438976747_thumb.jpg

post-110155-0-70437400-1438976750_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone!

Those who have lowered their superbs (mkII) , does it create a camber problem on the front or back? (Wheels angled in at the top)

Would I have to fit some adjustable suspension parts as well as shocks and springs in order to combat any unwanted camber?

Am thinking of getting the Koni kit with H&R springs.

Thanks!

I've had no camber problems with mine at all (19" rims on a 40mm drop converted from new).

The secret, once you have had the work done, is to get the car on a four wheel laser alignment jig thingy to get all the camber and tracking checked out. That way no issues.

Just remember to budget a bit for it (it's probably quite cheap in the UK...cost about £150 here in Switzerland....)

Dave

Brilliant! Thanks! About £60-70 I think for a proper alignment

As I said - worth it just to make sure all is as it should be. Photos when done, eh? ;)