Superb Estate - Nearly new MkII or wait for MkIII?

Hi there,

Looking at changing to a Superb Estate but unsure whether I should pick up a nearly new MkII (64 plate) 2.0 diesel 170BHP Elegance or wait for the MkIII 150BHP SE which has a similar (ish) spec but will be 4k more by the time I add on the toys I want!

I've never owned a skoda before, but excited about it so would appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance

Scott

I would also add, wait a little while until they start doing the deals on the new one (dealer contribution, 0% finance etc) and see if any new car bugs raise their ugly head before taking the plunge.

With the MK3 I doubt you will get much more for your £££ and don't forget it is going to drop in price by 20% once you leave the forecourt. Once the new model arrives the old will come down so you could haggle more of a difference in price.

I suspect you''ll be unlikely to get any significant discounts on the MKIII for at least 12m after lauch, so the initial vehicle RV's, which will be demos/rental cars are protected as much as possible.

The MKII Estate is a fantastic car and residuals will slide further the closer the MKIII comes to launch, and that will affect the dealer / manufacturer demos they'll be wanting to shift too so you maybe able to pick-up an up-specc'd L&K for good money.