Superchips

Crista

You could pay the 250-300 and get one for the 75, but its a lot of money to get 5hp!

I would imagine it's the map from a 75 they are adding to the 60. If you look at the graph I posted above the 60 actually makes 66hp on their dyno, wouldn't surprise me if the 75 makes 80 as standard.

I would imagine it's the map from a 75 they are adding to the 60. If you look at the graph I posted above the 60 actually makes 66hp on their dyno, wouldn't surprise me if the 75 makes 80 as standard.

I'll be taking the car on a dyno next month, will be interested to see if mine makes 66hp

I would still use superchips over them, they also are covered with Insurance for the first 12 months and are cheaper than the others for once.

I have used them in the past and they have been very good, for the citigo its a no brainier for me

I would imagine it's the map from a 75 they are adding to the 60. If you look at the graph I posted above the 60 actually makes 66hp on their dyno, wouldn't surprise me if the 75 makes 80 as standard.

I'm 99.9% sure it is. The engines are identical apart from the mapping in the 60 which restricts power over approx 5000 rpm by not allowing the throttle to open fully. Thre mapping removes this restriction and maybe adds a few other tweaks along the way.

Reading on the up forums someone had their 60 mapped to 82 and on the dyno it apparently started off at 70. So it wouldn't surprise me if a standard 75 was at 80ish.

• Like 1

I'm 99.9% sure it is. The engines are identical apart from the mapping in the 60 which restricts power over approx 5000 rpm by not allowing the throttle to open fully. Thre mapping removes this restriction and maybe adds a few other tweaks along the way.

Reading on the up forums someone had their 60 mapped to 82 and on the dyno it apparently started off at 70. So it wouldn't surprise me if a standard 75 was at 80ish.

would be interesting to see what people think after having this done, looking at the graph I doubt it would be noticeable day to day, but then I would expect that with most maps on a na engine.

The Superchips remap I had on my Mk1 2-litre Focus didn't add a great deal of power but certainly made it smoother and more economical; I would certainly use them again.

• Like 1

My wife chose her Mii Sport for the options that suited her and not for the higher power. As the higher power only come into play at revs well above the level she drives at it doesn't matter to her. She changes gear in accordance with the multidot advisor and is quite happy with that level of speed. If the power arrived much lower in the rev range it would be much more usable.

Fred

• Like 1

Agree it needs something below 2000rpm on these as most of its power is after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a 1-litre normally aspirated unit, always going to need revs to move at any pace.

• Like 1

Or the dyno was just 'optimistic'!

• Like 1