Smartlink Unlocking/Activation option

What is going on with skoda!

I have just placed my order for a SE L

I opted for the smart link, I bloody hope its enabled!

When I asked about spec ie folding mirrors, active cruise etc I could not get a straight answer. Its not clear on the skoda website either.

Does anybody have or know the definitive fitted list?

What is going on with skoda!

I have just placed my order for a SE L

I opted for the smart link, I bloody hope its enabled!

When I asked about spec ie folding mirrors, active cruise etc I could not get a straight answer. Its not clear on the skoda website either.

Does anybody have or know the definitive fitted list?

According to the brochure folding mirrors are an additional feature supplied on an SE L, over the SE spec.

My understanding is that if you have ordered smart link then it will be enabled at the factory, it's a feature built into all cars but disabled by default.

• Like 1

According to the brochure we have a cd and mib1 thought

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Quite true, the brochure also says that ACC and Park Assist are options on an SEL, yet comments on here would say they are standard.

TBH, it's just a mess...

However.... Have just rechecked the online version of the May 2015 brochure, no mention of a CD there.

Quite true, the brochure also says that ACC and Park Assist are options on an SEL, yet comments on here would say they are standard.

TBH, it's just a mess...

However.... Have just rechecked the online version of the May 2015 brochure, no mention of a CD there.

it is still in the one for technology

they've never had a good record with the brochures T|BH

they've never had a good record with the brochures T|BH

Or the configurator...

Park assist is greyed out on there, but there is no way of spec'ing 16" alloys for an SE-L

I have emailed dm keith (my local skoda) and asked for clarification and full spec of what the car should have. I am not feeling confident at all. It's not good as it's hardly a cheap brand anymore...

Edited by nicowalker85

if you've ordered an SEL with smart link then you'll have that, the SEL pack at the moment includes ACC and park assist freeof charge. Yiour HU will be the new Amundsen MIB 2 unit and therefore there will be no CD player

I believe so. If it has acc then that requires front assist. I'll tell you for sure when I pick mine up on Tuesday

Ive checked out the new brochure, the SeL does not include park assist or adaptive cruise control. Hard to find where the extra expense comes from. Where do I stand when the dealer has said the car comes with XYZ but the brochure states otherwise. Feeling a bit disapointed.

The park assist and adaptive cruise control have been zero cost options on the Elegance/SE L since the end of March, apparently as part of some sort of unadvertised special offer. It's been reported here that the offer would end at the end of June, which does appear to be the case. What does your contract say and when did you place your order?

• Like 1

Have just checked the configurator, Park assist and ACC now showing as paid options - and the 16" wheel (no cost) option is also available. 

Up until a few days ago Park assist and ACC were both greyed out - which meant they were included in the base price and 16's were not an option.

Interestingly the configurator shows the Co2 figures as 115 g/km for the 16" option when in fact it should be 107g/km.

Thankfully I ordered our car on the 5th June so I get park assist and ACC for free, and as I pestered SUK, also got 16's prior to them becoming globally available.

I configured a 1.4 SEL estate with 17 inch wheels and the CO2 was 114g. I don't think we can really rely on anythign skoda UK tell us.

is it worth contacting skoda uk about my order then? I checked my order date and it was the 28th June so should have park assist and acc... Do dealers put the order through straight away normally?

is it worth contacting skoda uk about my order then? I checked my order date and it was the 28th June so should have park assist and acc... Do dealers put the order through straight away normally?

Did the dealer not give you a copy of your order confirmation & configuration when you agreed the sale?

Should be a 2 or 3 page document giving the standard model (with list of standard options) plus a section detailing the extras which are added & the costs?

At least in Switzerland when I ordered I was given a complete list (including the Skoda/VW codes) for everything that would come with the vehicle.

This should tell you if you get SmartLink & ACC, Parking Assist etc etc

If not, you should ask the dealer for a copy as it comes straight from their "configuration system" so should match exactly what your car is built/delivered with.

The order does not state the acc or park assist but lists my chosen extras.

The good news is I rang skoda Uk, they checked my order and acc and park assist ARE included happy days! Im on build week 36 so quite a wait!

Thanks for the guidance

TBH, it's just a mess...

In the brochure (effective May 2015 for UK) it says, at the back that all units have CD players, the revision (effective June for UK) says that only the Columbus has a CD. There is also other issues that are incorrect.

I really need to get the true spec of my car in writing, otherwise I could be disappointed come October!

The order does not state the acc or park assist but lists my chosen extras.

The good news is I rang skoda Uk, they checked my order and acc and park assist ARE included happy days! Im on build week 36 so quite a wait!

Thanks for the guidance

This problem arises because there is a 2 step ordering process where the dealer specs up the car "offline" outside of the factory ordering system and in this process only captures the extras you want to pay for. Freebies may get listed here *if* the dealer knows about them.

Then some time later (hours to days) dealer will go and input the order into the Skoda ordering system and this is where the freebies (if any) get added, but of course they are not listed on your order contract as that is all done with already :-s

My advice, if you think there is some offer running (freebies). Get the dealer to clarify it (check the ordering system) and include it in your contract/initial order. This is what I did with my order when ACC and PA appeared for free at end of March.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android