Locking Keys in boot

Years ago I locked my keys in the car, one of my army friends had a look - pushed his leg by the lock and then opened the door! I asked him how he did it - he replied that he's got his khaki trousers on. 

I'll get me coat.

• Like 4

Years ago I locked my keys in the car, one of my army friends had a look - pushed his leg by the lock and then opened the door! I asked him how he did it - he replied that he's got his khaki trousers on. 

I'll get me coat.

That's awful. 

• Like 3

I've managed to lock myself in the boot of my O3 hatchback while doing my cleaning regime not long after getting the car. Pulled the boot lid down while I sat in the boot using some glass cleaner on the glass. What followed was about 10minutes of awkward squirming about to unlock the back seats and then climb over them without knowing exactly how the seats unlock and with the parcel shelf in it's stowed position and trying not to knock the newly installed rear dashcam. Safe to say I won't be doing it that way again.

• Like 1

I've managed to lock myself in the boot of my O3 hatchback while doing my cleaning regime not long after getting the car. Pulled the boot lid down while I sat in the boot using some glass cleaner on the glass. What followed was about 10minutes of awkward squirming about to unlock the back seats and then climb over them without knowing exactly how the seats unlock and with the parcel shelf in it's stowed position and trying not to knock the newly installed rear dashcam. Safe to say I won't be doing it that way again.

That's why every American car has to have an emergency release in the boot - even the Lotus Elise for some reason. If you're in the boot of an Elise then it's probably only part of you :)

Kessy and electric boot are quite clever. I've accidentally left my key in the boot and pressed the close button on many occasions. The boot comes down but doesn't latch - fortunately!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there's a rear lid delay lock activation of about 30 seconds function. Can be done at the dealer's. So when you shut the boot it will not lock for 30 seconds giving enough time to realise what you have done. Irrc car's 2013 onwards. I also believe this function is supposed to be told to buyer's by the salesman. I very much doubt that this advice is being told to customers. Look in owner's manual read lid lock delay.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

True. My boot if unlocked with the boot release has a lock delay. I initially thought that the boot lock was broken but it is explained in the handbook.

That's why every American car has to have an emergency release in the boot - even the Lotus Elise for some reason. If you're in the boot of an Elise then it's probably only part of you :)

Surely American cars have it so that you can make an escape if you're kidnapped and thrown into the boot of a car? Just like in the movies!

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

• Like 1

I think I've found the channel to alter, xpower will be trying it on someones car soon

I was that someone - unfortunately we didn't succeed! Has anyone managed to add the tailgate locking delay as mentioned on p59 of the current O3 user manual with VCDS?

For the reasons to not be able to lock remote key in the boot. It's not problem for me to lock again the car manually with remote control locking key after closing boot. I'm just asking if it's possible. I, personally, don't like this automatic locking function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tried the old trick of phoning home and getting your other half to press the unlock button on the spare key fob while you stand next to the car with your phone?

Urban Myth.

& +3 for Kessy.

VCDS, but it might also be in the car menu on the infotainment system (Was on an Audi)

Thanks for hint. Do you know how to disable it through VCDS (in case I don't find it in the infotainment system)?