Big Skoda Road Trip 2016 ?

BossFox

I'd be a maybe at the moment, I'd like to do a skoda museum and factory tour which route would you be taking. Through France Belgium Germany and into Czech. Plus where would you stay in Czech Republic

Edited by vrsadz

I'm always interested in a euro road trip. Already got plans for five weeks during 2016 - two of them in May/June but if I was free I'd be up for it. :)

• Like 2

I know there is some interest in visiting the Skoda Museum in the Czech Repubic.

There is also some interest in visiting the Nurburgring.

So I wondered if people would be interested in doing a trip over a week that went from the Eurotunnel, down to do some Alpine twisties and tunnels, then onto the Skoda Museum and back via the Nurburgring...

It would take about a week.

Be driving days mixed with half driving/relaxing days.

Would probably cost £1,000 - £1,500 allowing for hotels and the Eurotunnel.  Plus your food and fuel.

It would be about 2,000 - 2,250 miles in Europe.

May or June 2016.

Thoughts?

Could be good fun, not so sure I want to punt the Superb around the 'Ring though, it was bad enough in a '90 Cavalier.

It's a little early for us to plan next years vacations, still planning road-trips to Scotland & Germany for this summer  but I'd like to participate if SWMBO agrees..... 

• Like 1

Could be good fun, not so sure I want to punt the Superb around the 'Ring though, it was bad enough in a '90 Cavalier.

It's a little early for us to plan next years vacations, still planning road-trips to Scotland & Germany for this summer  but I'd like to participate if SWMBO agrees..... 

A visit to the ring doesn't mean you have to drive, you could always watch or passenger.

Or just wander around looking at all the nice cars. ;)

• Like 2

Possibly, work, money and reliable car dependant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loads of people will say the same and not go.

The idea of this thread is to discuss the idea, see what people think is worth doing and what isn't.

So if you have any ideas feel free to pop them up. :)

If a list is started for a trip I am organising it will be only have names of people that have paid a deposit so we get the people who are going, rather than dreaming about going.

Like Jason does with the Castle Combe days.

Not aimed at anyone in particular.

• Like 4

Would be up for this purely from a historical side of things-Dad went to Czech republic when the family had something to do with Skoda, said it was a stunning place. Guessing a Skoda trip would only mean doing a trip in a Skoda though?

Would be up for this purely from a historical side of things-Dad went to Czech republic when the family had something to do with Skoda, said it was a stunning place. Guessing a Skoda trip would only mean doing a trip in a Skoda though?

Can't see why it has to be a Skoda.

It's for people that want to visit the places we are and have a laugh in a group.

Id say an interest in Skoda is sufficient.

• Like 1

Very interested, and eager to assist where possible.   :)

PS: From Calais alone, Prague is 750 miles going straight there, let alone detouring via the Alps.  The Ring is thankfully on that route too.  So overall I would probably be looking at 3000 miles from Devon. :)  (OK, just checked and roughly 2400 miles using Lausanne as Alps gridpoint)

Very interested, and eager to assist where possible.   :)

PS: From Calais alone, Prague is 750 miles going straight there, let alone detouring via the Alps.  The Ring is thankfully on that route too.  So overall I would probably be looking at 3000 miles from Devon. :)  (OK, just checked and roughly 2400 miles using Lausanne as Alps gridpoint)

So no problem then as you have an eco diesel. :D

Would make a week of it, break up the distance driving with some nice places to visit and some interesting roads.

Erm, better start saving.

Think a priority would be secure overnight parking as there has been issues in the past in Prague.

• Like 1

I couldn't imagine a tour would involve more than 1 day in Prague perhaps?  The museum and factory are out at Mlada Boleslav which is a good 100 miles away.  Might be interesting to stay outside from Prague and just do a day trip there.  All depends on the plan of course.  A proper tour of course would probably be different places every night and say around 300 to 400 miles of driving per day (+/- a bit as needed) :D

• Like 3

I'd be up for the Skoda factory again, and David missed it last time as he was ill. Not sure if we'd road trip it or not though (we flew over to meet everyone last time). So if you stayed somewhere that we could meet up with you and hire one of you as a taxi to mlada boleslav then yeah probs :)

Will have a word with him and see what he thinks!

I'd suggest not staying in Switzerland. Drive on the roads yes, but it's an expensive place :)

Indeed, think we paid £40-50 for two burgers with chips and two drinks.

Ice Creams were £6.

• Like 2