Help with ankle pain - anyone else suffer this?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, i don't get it in other cars I've owned/drive only the fabia. Its standard seating arrangements just seat surgeons OEM seats.

I've tried adjusting the seat.

After a short while my foot begins to hurt at the top of the ankle, I've tried adjusting the seat but its giving me little bit of pain and i might consider selling the car if i can't sort it :(

footpain.jpg

In the place where the ladies hand is.

Cheers

I get this but always put it down to having fractured my ankle playing football when I was younger.

Never had this when I had an Audi with the different pedal type. Could it be down to how how the accelerator is on the Fabia?

Slightly off topic but I get a similar thing with my left knee if I don't have my seat far enough back. It's like my leg falls in a naturally odd angle and I get a really dull ache. Luckily there is enough adjustment in the seat for me to play with.

Had similar issues with a Peugeot 307 I used to have too, just found it an uncomfortable car no matter what I did with the seat.

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

When I first got my Fabia I found the pedals to be quite high. The are certainly higher than in the Ford I had before it. Kinda got used to it now though.

When I first got my Fabia I found the pedals to be quite high. The are certainly higher than in the Ford I had before it. Kinda got used to it now though.

I find that too mate, I get a bit uncomfortable when I'm wearing my office/work shoes because they have a hard heel and I feel the pressure on my heel with the pedal making my foot quite vertical (if that makes sense lol).

• Like 1

I find that too mate, I get a bit uncomfortable when I'm wearing my office/work shoes because they have a hard heel and I feel the pressure on my heel with the pedal making my foot quite vertical (if that makes sense lol).

Yes, that happens to me as well.

Assuming the right foot, try different footwear. Maybe think about your foot position while you drive, try to adjust how you do things. Any bumps or holes in mats that tend to make you place your feet out of sorts won't help either.

Also, get cruise control!

J.

The problem is almost certainly either arthritic joints or just your "angle of attack" to the pedals.

In either case, if you have a height-adjustable driver's seat, try setting it a bit higher.

It took me ages to find a comfortable position in my Fabia, went through weeks of adjusting the height, reclining angle, steering wheel position etc. I used to get knee pain on long drives quite often

• Like 1

Yep i found that with my Roomster,but i appreciate the built in footrest by the clutch on long journeys.

• Like 1

The problem is almost certainly either arthritic joints or just your "angle of attack" to the pedals.

In either case, if you have a height-adjustable driver's seat, try setting it a bit higher.

Yeah that's not a bad shout....mine is as low as it will go.

I get this the same. I have also broken my ankle in the past though. I find Cruise control a massive relief for obvious reasons. Get it retro-fitted, you won't regret it

I'll just put a brick on the throttle pedal :D

I get this the same. I have also broken my ankle in the past though. I find Cruise control a massive relief for obvious reasons. Get it retro-fitted, you won't regret it

Good point; if you do long steady speed tags and have a "drive by wire" throttle the VAG cruise control really is the best thing since ever.

Our previous car was a Seat Cordoba PD130 so shared the same pedal layout etc as the Fabia.

I used to get exactly the same!

I'm quite tall (6'7") so always put it down to not being able to adjust the seat quite right etc.

Since getting the Octavia I haven't had it. The Octavia has a left and right foot rest and the throttle pedal is different:

Free-shipping-skoda-Octavia-dedicated-th

I think it's something to do with the angle of the pedal and how high it sits. Applying light pressure on the throttle requires you to hold your foot up quite high putting strain on your ankle. The Octavia pedal levered from the bottom allows you to have your foot resting on top and a more natural angle.

Phil

I used to suffer with this too. After much frustration/discomfort I found the solution for me was to move the seat back as far as I can at the lowest setting whilst still able to *just* press the clutch to the floor with the tip of my toe.

Then I raised the seat until I could reach more comfortably and then adjusted the back rest so it gives adequate support. I find it weird how raising the seat also moves it closer and tilts it forward. As a result, I've ended up with a much higher and reclined back seating position than I ever had before, but it is much more comfortable for the 80-90 miles I do a day, even if it did feel a bit weird at first. 

Before I worked out a good way to get the seat right for me, I consulted this guide from Loughborough University (It really was causing me that much discomfort that I did research!)

http://drivingergonomics.lboro.ac.uk/downloads/initial%20driving%20position%20and%20posture%20guide.pdf

• Like 1