LEDs

Morning all! Looking at replacing all of the normal bulbs in my Citigo to LEDs, and have put together a little list below, so that it may be of use to anyone considering doing the same

It seems to be an expensive venture, to say the least, and I'm not certain as to whether it would work simply as a plug and play style job - would someone in the know be able to inform me?

FOGS FRNT                      HB4          £11.95    http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/fog-light-smd-led/hb4-9006-smd-led/hb4-9006-68-led-fog-bulbs
INDICATOR FRNT X2         PY21W     £22.50    http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/581-60-LED-360-Degree-AMBER-Bulb.html?bulb_search=car
REVERSE    X2                  R10W        £8.50    http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/245-3-x-LED-Extra-Bright-Bulbs-White.html
INDICATOR REAR    X2     RY10W      
REAR FOG/BRAKE X6      P21/4W     £35.85    http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/brake-tail-reverse-fog-leds/1156-BA15S-P21W/1156-ba15s-p21w-27-led-bulbs
INDICATOR SIDE X2          W5W         £5.95    http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/index.php?route=journal2/quickview&pid=162
NUMBER PLATE X1           W5W         £4.49    http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/number-plate-led/T10-501-W5W-wedge-led/t10-501-w5w-13-led-bulbs
HEADLIGHT X2                  H4             £116.95    http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-leds/headlamp-cree-led/led-headlight-kits-generation3-philips/h4-philips-luxeon-led-headlight

I've mostly used Horizon as they seem to have good reviews, and to be offering a discount at the moment... However, I couldn't find and RY10W LEDs at all - anyone know whether using R10Ws would work?

And the final point, of course, is I know little to nothing about whether using LED headlights would require reflectors etc. to be changed in order to be legal and safe...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Guest

Been there, done the whole LED thing ;) only ones I would see worth doing are the DRL's and the reverse lights (seen an Up! with LED's and made a difference worth doing) tried H4 LED's before, they didn't work as we're for just show purposes, LED fogs look pretty damn cool, but practical? Naa, don't give any light out in poor conditions, LED indicators on the front? Yeah they look good, but you need a resistor for them to work, also with LED's they can flicker without you knowing, the current LED's I have as DRL's need replacing as the drivers side flickers really badly, just awaiting them to arrive but for now have to drive everywhere with side lights on, oh I would like to just mention a thanks to the OP for taking the time to go and find links and post them here for future folks to consider buying :)

Already done the interior light! :p Hmm ok, good point... I was looking and my the lumens output they look like they might be worth a go, but unsure if I wanna drop that much money on giving it a go... choices, choices!

• 2 weeks later...

But the ones from E-Bay are Canbus error free :-) ;-)

There from eBay so I definitely wouldn't bother, I've been through countless cheap chinese made eBay bulbs that have failed or blown fuses

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Been there, done the whole LED thing ;) only ones I would see worth doing are the DRL's and the reverse lights (seen an Up! with LED's and made a difference worth doing) tried H4 LED's before, they didn't work as we're for just show purposes, LED fogs look pretty damn cool, but practical? Naa, don't give any light out in poor conditions, LED indicators on the front? Yeah they look good, but you need a resistor for them to work, also with LED's they can flicker without you knowing, the current LED's I have as DRL's need replacing as the drivers side flickers really badly, just awaiting them to arrive but for now have to drive everywhere with side lights on, oh I would like to just mention a thanks to the OP for taking the time to go and find links and post them here for future folks to consider buying :)

How easy was the reversing light LED to fit?

That's the bit I'm worried about. Terrified I break it. Got a tutorial? :D

There's instructions in the manual its a bit of a ballache so I'll see what I can do when I'm off work hopefully Tuesday

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I fitted these a week ago and working perfectly. They also dim as required for parking lights. No canbus errors. Very white light. Expensive initially, but hopefully longevity will justify versus the Mtec bulbs which failed frustratingly often for me, even though I only have 11,000 km on the car after 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up-based on my experience, don't expect great service from Horizon, they take days to respond to emails, (there is no phone number available anywhere for them) ship late and are arrogant when they do reply. I'm in the middle of trying to get a replacement for a faulty LED which has stopped working after only eight weeks...  :no:  I can't believe that any company nowadays can get away with such poor customer service with social media reviews etc so easily accessible.

They do have a good website and comparatively reasonable pricing, but what use is that if they can't perform?

Just to say the problem is still ongoing with Horizon, absolutely awful. 

Wriggling and twisting, "T&C's blah blah blah", offered me an 'upgrade as a gesture of goodwill' to a newer product (because the one I bought is now discontinued - hmm, wonder why?  :wonder: ) but I will have to pay the difference and the postage to return the faulty item. Incredible.  :@

As stated above, HIDS Direct were excellent, YOU CAN EVEN PHONE THEM AND SPEAK TO REAL LIVE PEOPLE...

• Like 1

Just to say the problem is still ongoing with Horizon, absolutely awful.

Wriggling and twisting, "T&C's blah blah blah", offered me an 'upgrade as a gesture of goodwill' to a newer product (because the one I bought is now discontinued - hmm, wonder why? :wonder: ) but I will have to pay the difference and the postage to return the faulty item. Incredible. :@

As stated above, HIDS Direct were excellent, YOU CAN EVEN PHONE THEM AND SPEAK TO REAL LIVE PEOPLE...

Time to start quoting trading laws n what not then?

T&c's or whatever, but they dont mean anythin unless they comply with trading laws do they (:

Pretty sure theres 'reasonable length of time' set for each product, and under EU Law everything has a 2 year warranty does it not?

Im not an expert, but get the facts right n they should soon shut up (:

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Time to start quoting trading laws n what not then?

T&c's or whatever, but they dont mean anythin unless they comply with trading laws do they (:

Pretty sure theres 'reasonable length of time' set for each product, and under EU Law everything has a 2 year warranty does it not?

Im not an expert, but get the facts right n they should soon shut up (:

Problem is, they do 'shut up' - they just don't reply to emails for at best 48 hours. I first reported the failed item on 6th October and I still have no 'Returns Authorisation' - two weeks later! Emails have been exchanged, but no reasonable agreement reached - as stated, they either want to sell me an upgraded item, or order a replacement which will take 30 days?! (I don't believe this either TBH, it will most likely be 3 months judging by my experience so far!) They seem to be just stalling for time.

There is no telephone number listed anywhere for them, and no address available to send them to, even without a RA - they seem to have a nice little setup to limit contact, the only way to contact them is email or Facebook/Twitter etc., which I don't use. (Although the Companies House website and others give the home address of the director, perhaps I'll send them there...  :devil:)

I work in customer service and we also sell online - I would lose my job if I treated a customer like this, it's unbelievable.

Problem is, they do 'shut up' - they just don't reply to emails for at best 48 hours. I first reported the failed item on 6th October and I still have no 'Returns Authorisation' - two weeks later! Emails have been exchanged, but no reasonable agreement reached - as stated, they either want to sell me an upgraded item, or order a replacement which will take 30 days?! (I don't believe this either TBH, it will most likely be 3 months judging by my experience so far!) They seem to be just stalling for time.

There is no telephone number listed anywhere for them, and no address available to send them to, even without a RA - they seem to have a nice little setup to limit contact, the only way to contact them is email or Facebook/Twitter etc., which I don't use. (Although the Companies House website and others give the home address of the director, perhaps I'll send them there... :devil:)

I work in customer service and we also sell online - I would lose my job if I treated a customer like this, it's unbelievable.

Maybe use somebody elses facebook to post on theirs?

Companys tend to listen and respond to facebook comments as everybody can see them, so theyll lose business quickly.