Horses vs Motorcycles

FUBAR

With regards to horse droppings on the road, it bemuses me really, as what do people actually expect you to do about it?!

Pick it up, put a bag on the horse like they do in some places, I'm not fussed as long as it isnt splattered all over the road. 

We have an area that is popular for horse riding locally, it seems to be totally random as to how tolerant the horses are of traffic. The main section I see them in is at work in a housing estate with speed bumps and parked cars around most of it, plus no bus stops so a passenger could stop the bus anywhere so you cant hoon through. I drive towards one horse on the other side of the road at about 15mph one day and get a wave and a thank you, the next day, same situation and get shouted at to slow down?! 

Baron has it spot on IMO

• Like 1

Horses are too unpredictable. We are looking after 3 horses at present. Tonight we roped them to gate. Daughter started to clean them. Something scared them and they ripped the rope off the gate. Daughter was a bit scared after that. These horses don't batter an eye with cars. They see and smell what we don't. KEEP THEM IN A FIELD. They are dangerous but nice animals

Edited by dredge3
  • Like 2

Not had the pleasure yet :(.

Cant beat a good lumpy v twin though ;).

Trust me, you ain't missed much. Lumpy they certainly are though, you need to slip the clutch like a 2 stroke round town, unless you really enjoy awful transmission snatch. Which is unfortunate, given that the clutch lever action appears to be designed for an adult male silver back gorilla...

• Like 1

With regards to horse droppings on the road, it bemuses me really, as what do people actually expect you to do about it?!

Same as dog owners with their ****e.  Pick it up... You don't need to take it home just get it off the road.

I'm a considerate biker but if I witnessed a horse do its stuff in a dangerous spot and the rider just sod off then 12000rpm it is then.

Same as dog owners with their ****e. Pick it up... You don't need to take it home just get it off the road.

I'm a considerate biker but if I witnessed a horse do its stuff in a dangerous spot and the rider just sod off then 12000rpm it is then.

Problem is, its not the horses fault, so its not fair scaring the innocent horse.

Had a delightful moment earlier, came around a sharp local bend on a notorious road, bang two horses out wide in the road. Slammed the brakes on, utter *****. Do it by all means but on a decent section of road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the ambiance that rag and bone men bring with their horse drawn carts (in the fair city of Bradford). These guys are working and keep in to the side of the ride.

Less amusing are the horse driven sulkies, exercising (trotting) up and down main roads..... 

calling them ******* scum's a bit harsh, mate.

Probably, think they own the roads, horse **** everywhere, they know this is a dangerous road. One day someone will come round that corner doing more than 50 and wipe them out as well as spending the rest of their life guilty. Boils my ****

Not the cleverest place to ride a horse is it.

No doubt itd be your fault if you crashed into it too.

Spot on, I can name at least 4/5 crashes on this stretch in 2 years, not only are they endangering themselves they're also endangering motorists. I stopped and held back as I'd nearly had a crash last year on this stretch so know it quite well. Not safe for them to wave a car past that's for certain. Causing yet more damage and danger.

• Like 1

A few tasty girls on em though. I must say.

For one night maybe, but you wouldn't want to have a relationship with one. My cousin is one (and no, I don't have redneck tenancies) And they are just money no object, couldn't care less about stuff, lazy, arrogant people that think the world revolves round them.

That video is spot on and I think if you want to have a horse as a pet as is what they all are now then keep it as you would any other pet, on your own property, contained safely and securely and not bothering other people. You don't see people riding skateboards pulled by huskies on the streets do you?

• Like 1

For one night maybe, but you wouldn't want to have a relationship with one. My cousin is one (and no, I don't have redneck tenancies) And they are just money no object, couldn't care less about stuff, lazy, arrogant people that think the world revolves round them.

That video is spot on and I think if you want to have a horse as a pet as is what they all are now then keep it as you would any other pet, on your own property, contained safely and securely and not bothering other people. You don't see people riding skateboards pulled by huskies on the streets do you?

Gonna say, having a relationship with your cousin is never right ;) hahaa.

I know what you mean though. Cost a fortune.

I was seein one once. Very briefly. Got rid cos she was just thick. Driving along in a car with wind up window, she winds down thr window and says 'ooh these are abit slow arent they'

Well. It sorta goes as fast as your hand...

• Like 1

Gonna say, having a relationship with your cousin is never right ;) hahaa.

I know what you mean though. Cost a fortune.

I was seein one once. Very briefly. Got rid cos she was just thick. Driving along in a car with wind up window, she winds down thr window and says 'ooh these are abit slow arent they'

Well. It sorta goes as fast as your hand...

Flol made my day

Horses might be a pain, but do motorbikes really need to be ear splittingly loud causing distress to all other road users? Personally I neither like nor dislike either.

It's one way to stop car drivers from pulling out in front of you