Simpsons PCH Deal.

I took the £1990 upfront + 23 @ £199 for VRS Tdi estate. I paid £250 upfront over the phone and I was told by Bob this would come off the £1990 when I collect.

thats a similar story to what i was told but is incorrect 

As per my original post the first payment to VA Finance is around two weeks after pick up. But if it's like mine it will be £2006 with Simpsons meant to refund you the difference.

So far they have refunded my £250 deposit today (2 weeks after delivery) but refuse to give me an answer on when I'll get the £306 difference between the £1700 deposit that was on offer when I ordered and the £2006 VA FINANCE are taking tomorrow.

Heather in accounts promised a screenshot today as proof of my refunds but I'm still waiting.

It's completely put me off wanting to do any future business with them as they appear to be being deliberately evasive.

I should have added I've also been chasing a second key off them for two weeks.

Mine was delivered with only one, apparently the valeters lost the other one!!!

It's been like nailing jelly to the wall trying to get a replacement....

I got my PCH Scout from Simpsons - it was the pre-March 31st deal. Used credit card to pay a £500 deposit, which was refunded on the Monday after a Friday collection in June. So no probs there at all and I was pleased with Simpson's service, who also gave a good part-ex price for my old car. I dealt with Doug at Simpsons who has also now left the company....

There is a subsequent problem with Skoda (VW) finance though - they have failed to take any money via direct debit. I got an 'arrears' letter. After Simpson's double checked that they had done everything correctly, I contacted VW finance and they have apologised for the problem which is down to an IT system issue. My first payment (the big one) was due at the end of June but has still not been collected.....

• Like 1

I got my PCH Scout from Simpsons - it was the pre-March 31st deal. Used credit card to pay a £500 deposit, which was refunded on the Monday after a Friday collection in June. So no probs there at all and I was pleased with Simpson's service, who also gave a good part-ex price for my old car. I dealt with Doug at Simpsons who has also now left the company....

There is a subsequent problem with Skoda (VW) finance though - they have failed to take any money via direct debit. I got an 'arrears' letter. After Simpson's double checked that they had done everything correctly, I contacted VW finance and they have apologised for the problem which is down to an IT system issue. My first payment (the big one) was due at the end of June but has still not been collected.....

Got the same letter and issue here but VWFS dealt with is very quickly 

Got my £500 deposit refunded successfully today, the day after receiving the car. Just as I was told to expect. No complaints from me so far. Just hope VWFS don't muck up the direct debit as per Sweephand's experience!

Got the same letter and issue here but VWFS dealt with is very quickly 

May I ask how they dealt with it Irfan? I was told that they are working on a system fix, and advised to wait and the payment will be taken when the system is repaired. I plan to ring them again so I would appreciate your comments before I do,

TIA

May I ask how they dealt with it Irfan? I was told that they are working on a system fix, and advised to wait and the payment will be taken when the system is repaired. I plan to ring them again so I would appreciate your comments before I do,

TIA

Same here, I've been waiting for VWFS to take the initial payment since mid June. Got the letter and gave them a ring was a bit miffed to say the least. Two options, pay the money on the phone via debit card or wait til next month and pay the two lots, ie initial payment and normal monthly rental.

• Like 1

Wow what a mixed bag we have on this thread. Beginning to think it's pot luck. You either get everything correct. Everything cocked up. Or somewhere in between. Hope everyone gets sorted soon and I'm lucky enough to have a smooth ride with both Simpsons and VWFS.

Same here, I've been waiting for VWFS to take the initial payment since mid June. Got the letter and gave them a ring was a bit miffed to say the least. Two options, pay the money on the phone via debit card or wait til next month and pay the two lots, ie initial payment and normal monthly rental.

This is what happened to me? , I iust paid them over the phone so everything is up to date

Same here, so far I and the wife have phoned Simpsons 5 times and several emails and I have phoned VWFS 3 times to report the fact my subsidised element of the deposit has not been paid to me yet, VWFS have had to remove an adverse credit mark from my account because of this carry on!. What's annoying is from ordering to collecting the car they were great, no issue to contact them and on delivery Denis was great showing me round the car and even put £25 in the tank to get me home.

My case is in the hands of VWFS as I have said it's not my job to chase a main dealer for money as my part of the deposit has been sat there since March.  

I think Simpsons were absolutely swamped by the number of people that took up this offer and are probably trying to delay paying out all the subsidies.

I was very wary about my dealer paying their contribution because I simply didn't have the extra £610. They paid it within a week, no issues at all.

I haven't got the money. So what happens if in a couple weeks I turn up for my car with the quoted deposit and refuse to pay the extra. I don't really understand the issue with this. Why can't the dealers pay VWFS their bit direct. Leave us out of it.

Got to be honest pretty pi$%^& off myself reading this, all I've been told is that I have my deposit to pay minus the £250 I've already paid and then x amount per month for 23 months, absolutely nothing mentioned whatsoever about paying x amount extra which would then be refunded in the weeks that follow....

Here's my latest update, I've now managed to get my initial  £250 deposit, paid when I ordered the car, refunded.

Apparently Bob, who I first dealt with has left, and Denis, who I dealt with after Bob left has also now left. I'm now dealing with Ruth who's e-mail sig suggests she is a Busines Centre Relationship Manager. After days of ignoring my e-mails I was told on Friday that I would be getting my £306 back even though Bob and Denis had allegedly been very poor at record keeping and there was confusion over what I was owed they were refunding me to make a customer happy!!!!

However, I didn't receive the refund on Friday so will wait till Monday to see if it turns up, I'm also still waiting for my second key :-(

It's been a real frustration dealing with them as they simply would not give me an answer as to why they were stalling over refunding me the money they owed.

The issue isn't helped by their offer stating it's a deposit which suggests you pay when you get the car when in reality it's advance rental payment that is collected (or not due to the issues with VW Finance taking payments) two weeks or so later.

AdyPem, I'm surprised that Denis has also gone but now that answers my questions surrounding him not replying to emails! I have simply told VWFS that I'm not bothered what happens as I'm not the one in the wrong and I'm not paying the difference in the deposit and if push comes to shove the terms I signed up to are not met so they will have a right old ding dong with Simpsons, not me!

When I collected mine, bar the initial 250 I paid nothing so basically I paid £250 to drive away in a brand spanking mk3 vrs and I was told within 10 days VWFS would collect the advance rental, oh well good luck to them!

Yeah I paid the original deposit of £250 when I ordered but it's taken 2 weeks to get that back!! VWFS havent yet taken any money (presumably due to the issues mentioned earlier in this thread) but they will eventually want the £2006.,

I'm now trying to get back the £306 difference between the £1700 "deposit" advertised when I signed up and the £2006 due to be taken.

Meanwhile, looking at the Skoda Finance login you can request a quote to sell the car "to someone else" at the end of the lease. Has anyone else done this? You only need to type in your reg to get a quote but our car is too new to do this just yet? A lot of the T5 guys do just this and its great value apparently.

I read that in the info documents I got from VWFS and thought really, can this be done ie ask them to sell it to my missus as let's face it it would be my money anyway paying for it, does this actually happen?? Hopefully someone out there can elaborate on this

I haven't got the money. So what happens if in a couple weeks I turn up for my car with the quoted deposit and refuse to pay the extra. I don't really understand the issue with this. Why can't the dealers pay VWFS their bit direct. Leave us out of it.

The offer is done directly with VWFS, the dealer are paid a fee to handle your car, if the dealer chooses to pay you from that fee then its up to them 

Got to be honest pretty pi$%^& off myself reading this, all I've been told is that I have my deposit to pay minus the £250 I've already paid and then x amount per month for 23 months, absolutely nothing mentioned whatsoever about paying x amount extra which would then be refunded in the weeks that follow....

It is a very poor show if I am honest, will not be buying a car from them again thats for sure 

Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of withholding the initial payment, your deal with VWFS is as on the finance documents, if you fail to pay the right amount they will put a record on your credit file 

Sorry Irfan not getting your point above. The advertised terms are £1690 deposit and £215 a month. Where does the Dealers Fee come into that? Cheers.

The 'issue' here looks like ordering deposits are being taken (and fair enough, a builder wouldn't start your £25,000 extension without some money upfront). This, when I worked down Prestons was incase you pulled out it would AND DOES cost the dealer £500 to have the car removed from their stock.

The actual problem is that even though most of you have paid an ordering deposit the ACTUAL deposit (part of the agreement with VWFS) needs to be taken by them, which should be 10 days or so after vehicle collection.

The reason I am scratching my head on the money outstanding, why can't a debit card be paid straight back on to? It takes a button monkey 2 minutes, you've then got your money back, the car and all that is left is to await VWFS to take the initial rental - is it rocket science or an I seriously missing something???

Hi Lee. That's ONE of the issues, and it's beyond belief that people are having to chase for "their own" money back. The other issue is the way in which this deal has been presented. OK in the end, the "deposit" figure is accurate, but by missing out any mention of VWFS / dealer contribution, the ad is misleading, and that is even if the dealer coughs up on time. End of the day, I'm really looking forward to my car, built wk 28, but without joining this forum, I'd be blissfully unaware of any of this.

Sorry Irfan not getting your point above. The advertised terms are £1690 deposit and £215 a month. Where does the Dealers Fee come into that? Cheers.

vwfs/agency