The 280PS Thread

Production lines seems fully operational now. I ordered my TSI272 in week 38 and just confirmed it being built this week (42). Expected delivery time to Sweden 6-11 weeks depending on whether it has to go through WLTP testing or not.

Skoda Sweden has no official information/confirmation about a face lifted Superb during 2019.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Exxex said:

Production lines seems fully operational now. I ordered my TSI272 in week 38 and just confirmed it being built this week (42). Expected delivery time to Sweden 6-11 weeks depending on whether it has to go through WLTP testing or not.

Skoda Sweden has no official information/confirmation about a face lifted Superb during 2019.

Cheers

That's good news! Can I ask if you added many options to your car? I've added a couple to mine and wondered how it would affect the delivery time with all the WLTP shenanigans 

1 hour ago, Exxex said:

Production lines seems fully operational now. I ordered my TSI272 in week 38 and just confirmed it being built this week (42). 

11 minutes ago, boydeee said:

That's good news! Can I ask if you added many options to your car?

I'm in exactly the same position (although i ordered longer ago) and it is being built this week too.

I added every option i could to it, so it doesn't seem to have made any difference to the build weeks, but as for sitting around due to WLTP, we'll just have to wait and see :(

7 minutes ago, DjEatch said:

I'm in exactly the same position (although i ordered longer ago) and it is being built this week too.

I added every option i could to it, so it doesn't seem to have made any difference to the build weeks, but as for sitting around due to WLTP, we'll just have to wait and see :(

Ha yes, the wait is glorious....

Mine was built in week 34 (allegedly) 

I was told first 2 weeks of November for delivery. Now it's 2nd or 3rd week of November. I'll maybe call in a week or two and it will probably be last week of November or December :DMaybe santa will deliver it?

I added virtually everything to the L&K (the digital cockpit was manually written into the work order), only thing I didn't take was the heated windshield. If I don't read the manual I will get happily surprised about new features for years :-)

• Haha 1

No heated windshield? I’d change the order if I were you. Although I suppose it depends where in Sweden you live: I’ve lived in western Canada where the winter air is so dry you never need any defogging no matter how cold.

I find the ‘downgrade’ (agree it won’t be in real-world conditions) from 280 to 272ps fascinating. This playing around with the output figures of the EA888 engine within the VW Group is clearly just that – politics / marketing of one in-house brand against the other. Having driven the 7-speed in the Porsche Macan – married to the same engine in 240ps guise – I have to say it’s considerably better, though that may be down to better throttle-response settings.

Incidentally, I gather facelifted Macan gets various versions of the EA888 only, no more 6 cyl or diesel.

• Like 1

All going well I should be joining the 280 tsi sportsline club on Friday! Of course there is the epic journey from Belfast to Ipswich to conquer first, but plenty of miles to get to grips with auto box, size and meteor grey colour lol. "Hens teeth" is how the dealers over here have described it and sure enough there is barely a 280 to be found. I also wanted the heated windscreen because I was getting p***** right off with the massive delay on the frosty winter mornings waiting for the screen to clear. 

Also I'm sick looking at Audis and BMWs and I want a car I can get in and out of  easily.  I also like a bit of room so golf R and s/rs3 were out. 

Seriously considered aertons (spelling?) But you get a whole lot more skoda for your money)

Edited by cs.rogers
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, cs.rogers said:

All going well I should be joining the 280 tsi sportsline club on Friday! Of course there is the epic journey from Belfast to Ipswich to conquer first, but plenty of miles to get to grips with auto box, size and meteor grey colour lol. "Hens teeth" is how the dealers over here have described it and sure enough there is barely a 280 to be found. I also wanted the heated windscreen because I was getting p***** right off with the massive delay on the frosty winter mornings waiting for the screen to clear. 

Also I'm sick looking at Audis and BMWs and I want a car I can get in and out of  easily.  I also like a bit of room so golf R and s/rs3 were out. 

Seriously considered aertons (spelling?) But you get a whole lot more skoda for your money)

Great news! And what a great journey to get used to your new car.

You'll need to keep us updated on how you get on :thumbup:

1 hour ago, cs.rogers said:

You won't be disappointed :biggrin:

4 hours ago, cs.rogers said:

Best engine.  Best colour  :biggrin: Enjoy the drive home! 

21 minutes ago, cs.rogers said:

I have to say, the envy when i saw yours just continued to burn!

I still haven't seen another one on the roads.  I'm expecting it to become more popular when the post WLTP cars start filtering through, as it's now a free colour. 

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

I still haven't seen another one on the roads.  I'm expecting it to become more popular when the post WLTP cars start filtering through, as it's now a free colour. 

I agree with everything you said, except the word "colour". :biggrin:

• Haha 3

Bit of background: the wife had a Jag XE and I had an XF.  Good cars but the paintwork on the XE was abysmal.  Both were ex-demos.  Prior to that I had new and used Jag XKR's and an MX5.

Currently have the Skoda and an old BMW 750 that are better suited to carting the dog around.

Now had the 280ps LnK estate 12 months and it has just had its first service.

The wife and me both like driving it and we both rate it highly - that might change when we part with it and the depreciation bites.

6,000 miles of say 70% built up areas and 30% mway.

MPG - 30 by me.  Best mpg is generally about 38 on the mway cruising at 70 to 75.  Did manage about 45mpg once but the 4 mile tail back on the mway was a tad embarrassing.

MPG - about 25 by the wife but she thinks that roaring up to the lights and slamming the brakes on is good driving (I exaggerate a little).

No issues at all apart from a knackered tyre - courtesy of our local council pothole supplier.

Paintwork is surprisingly free of chips and scratches, which is a first for me.

Service cost me nothing as I took the two year service plan (apart from the 20 quid flush thing they offered - not sure if there is any value in that).

Summary - best all round car I have ever owned and I am comparing it with the Jags and BMWs I owned for 20 years before becoming a sensible Skoda owner.

It's faster, has more useful tech (and some that I never use), it is also roomier and as comfortable (altho not as pretty ) as the Jag XF sportbrake I had previously. And the service I have received from the local dealer is as good as Jag if not better.

Now thinking of getting a re-map and some soundproofing.  No real reason as the sound levels and performance are fine.  I guess I just like spending money I dont have to get something a little different and to wind the wife up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harryc said:

Bit of background: the wife had a Jag XE and I had an XF.  Good cars but the paintwork on the XE was abysmal.  Both were ex-demos.  Prior to that I had new and used Jag XKR's and an MX5.

Currently have the Skoda and an old BMW 750 that are better suited to carting the dog around.

The wife and me both like driving it and we both rate it highly - that might change when we part with it and the depreciation bites.

6,000 miles of say 70% built up areas and 30% mway.

MPG - 30 by me.  Best mpg is generally about 38 on the mway cruising at 70 to 75.  Did manage about 45mpg once but the 4 mile tail back on the mway was a tad embarrassing.

MPG - about 25 by the wife but she thinks that roaring up to the lights and slamming the brakes on is good driving (I exaggerate a little).

No issues at all apart from a knackered tyre - courtesy of our local council pothole supplier.

Paintwork is surprisingly free of chips and scratches, which is a first for me.

Service cost me nothing as I took the two year service plan (apart from the 20 quid flush thing they offered - not sure if there is any value in that).

Summary - best all round car I have ever owned and I am comparing it with the Jags and BMWs I owned for 20 years before becoming a sensible Skoda owner.

It's faster, has more useful tech (and some that I never use), it is also roomier and as comfortable (altho not as pretty ) as the Jag XF sportbrake I had previously. And the service I have received from the local dealer is as good as Jag if not better.

Now thinking of getting a re-map and some soundproofing.  No real reason as the sound levels and performance are fine.  I guess I just like spending money I dont have to get something a little different and to wind the wife up.

We were considering replacing my old Superb last year, drove a few cars including an XE & decided to keep the Skoda!

I had it remapped about 5+ years ago, never regretted it, better economy & performance. 

I did buy another car to complement it, your Superbs little brother (Golf R) but I still like the Superb, it's quiet, spacious & just quick enough to be a sleeper.

DC

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harryc said:

Out of interest what made you go for the L&K over the Sportline and which of the options have been most useful since you've had it?

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

Must resist. Must resist. 

Sounds like you’ll fail miserably to resist.

Same here once the car is out of warranty (around about Brexit day – if it happens – and when new cars potentially become massively more expensive).

One thing on any mapping power upgrade: it’s my understanding that anything over a 20% performance boost is also quite an insurance threshold.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2018 at 08:06, IceManEST said:

Hello guys,

I ordered Superb Combi Sportline Dragon Skin 280PS DSG but here comes the news.

I cant get 280 anymore but they give me 272. 

Whats the differences besides PS. Any one know?

Good news to me. My car started moving from the factory so soon im conna join the 272(280) family.

So end of the next week i have my new Dragon Skin on my hand. Cant wait to get it on the road.

52 minutes ago, eurotraveller said:

Sounds like you’ll fail miserably to resist.

Same here once the car is out of warranty (around about Brexit day – if it happens – and when new cars potentially become massively more expensive).

One thing on any mapping power upgrade: it’s my understanding that anything over a 20% performance boost is also quite an insurance threshold.

To be perfectly honest;  I've never driven my 280 and thought "this needs more power".  It's plenty quick enough...

...it won't stop me from contemplating one though :)

• Like 1