The 280PS Thread

No idea, sorry, as far as I can gather there are different prices and specs for different markets.  I'm anticipating a price increase which is likely to take me into the 40K RRP, but hoping it won't!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chas51 said:

No idea, sorry, as far as I can gather there are different prices and specs for different markets.  I'm anticipating a price increase which is likely to take me into the 40K RRP, but hoping it won't!

Hope you don't get nudged over...or at least if you do the dealer knocks some off the OTR price to compensate.

I'm ready to order a Sportline Plus Estate I specced up right up to within a few quid of the 40k mark. Any increase and I'm going to have to go for the hatchback instead!

Edited by Fantantonio
  • Like 1

Time to say Goodbye to you lovely 280 folk ... sold the big beast at the weekend to a very happy new owner .... I'll be back on Briskoda soon albeit in a different 'model capacity' .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, IceManEST said:

Thanks. I will to that for sure...

I allready thinking what to customize

I know that feeling. I've got 9 days til I collect mine and have a pile of bits waiting for it. The sixth month wait had a lot to do with that! 

10 minutes ago, boydeee said:

I know that feeling. I've got 9 days til I collect mine and have a pile of bits waiting for it. The sixth month wait had a lot to do with that! 

Yeah. What you conna too?

i did wait 5months and 1 week

1 minute ago, IceManEST said:

Yeah. What you conna too?

i did wait 5months and 1 week

I have a few wee plans like removing the 4x4 badge, the metal pedal caps as mine will be the standard rubber ones, new mats as I didn't spec them (can't believe they're an option) winter wheels bought as it gets brisk up my way, the odd bulb change and an OBD eleven bluetooth dongle

There's probably more if I'm honest :blush

32 minutes ago, boydeee said:

I have a few wee plans like removing the 4x4 badge, the metal pedal caps as mine will be the standard rubber ones, new mats as I didn't spec them (can't believe they're an option) winter wheels bought as it gets brisk up my way, the odd bulb change and an OBD eleven bluetooth dongle

49 minutes ago, boydeee said:

Out of interest, have you looked at insurance yet @boydeee?  The 272 model not listed on any sites I have tried so far... 

@Chas51 I did a quote a while back before ordering and it seemed much and such the same as my current Civic Type R. I'm mid way through my insurance policy so I'm at Aviva's mercy!

My dealer said it will probably still be classed as a 280 as the 272 name is too new or not recognised yet 

17 minutes ago, boydeee said:

@Chas51 I did a quote a while back before ordering and it seemed much and such the same as my current Civic Type R. I'm mid way through my insurance policy so I'm at Aviva's mercy!

My dealer said it will probably still be classed as a 280 as the 272 name is too new or not recognised yet 

Yeah it was less the cost but more the lack of ability to spec the engine on the quote.  I'm always sceptical of insurers and any difference between what was is on the docs vs what you actually have, any excuse to not payout etc...  Are there any insurance bods on here with a view  on this?  

Edited by Chas51

4 minutes ago, Chas51 said:

Yeah it was less the cost but more the lack of ability to spec the engine on the quote.  I'm always sceptical of insurers and any difference between what was is on the docs vs what you actually have, any excuse not payout etc...  Are there any insurance bods on here with a view  on this?  

Ah sorry. I hadn't contemplated that one. I'll be calling them next week so I'll see how it goes 

What happens when you plug in the reg number? If it comes back with a 280 then i'd just go ahead and maybe follow up with a phone call to check afterwards.

1 hour ago, DjEatch said:

What happens when you plug in the reg number? If it comes back with a 280 then i'd just go ahead and maybe follow up with a phone call to check afterwards.

Not sure there is anyone yet who has a car registered with the new output.  @boydee sounds like he the closest! 

11 hours ago, boydeee said:

Obdeleven- check

rubber mats- check

metal pedal- from factory

winter wheels- check and installed

bulb change- check front fog led, reverse led, rear blinker led.

4x4 badge- not done. But had in mind todo a clean look behind and remove all badge rear exept the skoda emblem.

Edited by IceManEST
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, boydeee said:

@Chas51 I'm just off the phone with my insurer (Aviva). They have it as a 280 on their system. The new registration doesn't exist yet. They actually gave me a small refund on my policy price! Which was a surprise!

Result!  Sounds as though there has been batch of 272's arrive the UK over the last week or so, I had a call from my dealer yesterday to say it had arrived there, picking up end of next week which is now seeming like an eternity!  When do you collect?

2 hours ago, boydeee said:

@Chas51 I'm just off the phone with my insurer (Aviva). They have it as a 280 on their system. The new registration doesn't exist yet. They actually gave me a small refund on my policy price! Which was a surprise!

I know insurance costs are subjective but it was also a surprise to me that my 280 is cheaper to insure than my 150 TDI sportline.  I would have actually have had a refund too,  if I didn't have to pay the obligatory 'admin' fee. 

51 minutes ago, Chas51 said:

Result!  Sounds as though there has been batch of 272's arrive the UK over the last week or so, I had a call from my dealer yesterday to say it had arrived there, picking up end of next week which is now seeming like an eternity!  When do you collect?

Monday sir :inlove:

32 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I know insurance costs are subjective but it was also a surprise to me that my 280 is cheaper to insure than my 150 TDI sportline.  I would have actually have had a refund too,  if I didn't have to pay the obligatory 'admin' fee. 

It's bizarre! They waived the admin fee as I couldn't use the app or do it online as it isn't registered yet. £16 towards petrol I guess! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

How are you going to manage to wait until Monday!

I am not entirely sure Nick. Work is getting in the way at the weekend so that should shorten the wait!

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

I haven't been able to spend much time on it yet, however on face value the Skoda Insurance seems to be very competitive, I might be missing something (like selecting the right vehicle)  but its nearly £200 less than a Tesco quote I have had for a 280...that's with a Mrs Chas who had a ding and claim 2 years ago. I can't see much reference on here to experiences, good or bad...any thoughts?