The 280PS Thread

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just booked the 272 in with AmD in Grays, Essex for Monday 3rd February 2020 so counting down until we see what sort of power they produce as standard and with a stage 1 remap. Will be running it exclusively on 99 octane Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentum.:thinking:

No messing about!

Hats off to you. Keep us updated please. 

18 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That's the plan going to be a busy few weeks. Got to take SWMBO to Heathrow on 26th Jan, AmD on 3rd Feb and collect SWMBO from Heathrow on 8th Feb 2020.:biggrin:

10 sneak points for you 🤣

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Leccy said:

Oh come on she is your wife, some of your decimal pointing on the BHP must have rubbed off? 😆

Seriously  though,  love me a black saloon Superb - congrats for finally joining the rebel alliance. 

It better make more power than the Octy with the extra weight to shift after all those calories over Xmas.:tongueout:

Just now, john999boy said:

Nice choice Rob.

I wonder what colour it will have transformed into by the time it gets home though. ;)

Thanks this one is remaining stealth black with standard wheels. Very low key not sure even the neighbours have noticed it's got bigger.:tongueout:

• Like 1

My Gp29 Octy Vrs245 was £301 fully comp but Gp31 Superb 272 Sportline Plus is costing £318 which is reasonable considering the better acceleration. First impressions from 3 short 11 mile drives are that I really like the Blind Spot monitoring in the mirrors, the electric boot is very handy and I like the Eco mode which has a very useful coasting function which drops the revs to 800rpm when you lift off and the E7 gearbox symbol changes to just E when coasting. Only 33 miles so far and computer says 32.5mpg which is identical to the last 2,000 miles on the Long Term computer readout which is what I was expecting. This will improve over longer journeys and probably reflects the previous drivers commute. The gearbox is sluggish in Eco but I can live with the slight delay.:thinking:

On 28/12/2019 at 12:04, shyVRS245 said:

Picked it up this morning filled it with 45.5litres of Shell’s finest with 4,901miles on the odometer. Noticed it changes up to 4th gear at 20mph and will do 32mph in 6th gear which is impressive for something which weighs 1,627kg.

FF500B4B-887D-4A94-8544-BDD7474F1A6A.jpeg

040DDF18-8F92-41D6-A062-235A4615F929.jpeg

Ex. Skoda UK car? (My old Superb is on a KU plate & was registered by Skoda UK.)  Q?, how many miles on the clock so far, AMD have always said that they don't like remapping a low-mileage car. 

If only my garage was wider, I'd dump the Golf & go for a 4WD Superb, maybe the next generation vRS Octy will fit inside......

10 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

Ex. Skoda UK car? (My old Superb is on a KU plate & was registered by Skoda UK.)  Q?, how many miles on the clock so far, AMD have always said that they don't like remapping a low-mileage car. 

If only my garage was wider, I'd dump the Golf & go for a 4WD Superb, maybe the next generation vRS Octy will fit inside......

Collected it with 4,901 miles but it will be over 6,000 miles by the time AmD remap it in early Feb 2020. My 245 Octavia went stage 1 at 7,000 miles and that gained an extra 60bhp which would be nice on the Superb. You are correct it is from Milton Keynes VAG HQ.;)

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Collected it with 4,901 miles but it will be over 6,000 miles by the time AmD remap it in early Feb 2020. My 245 Octavia went stage 1 at 7,000 miles and that gained an extra 60bhp which would be nice on the Superb. You are correct it is from Milton Keynes VAG HQ.;)

My records show 5052 miles when purchased, in Feb, 2013, not too bad for a May 2012 car. I've now reached 35,200 miles, some 6 years & 10+ months later..... AmD mapped it to 249 bhp, it might be a little more now with a Pipercross  air-filter & 30K more miles. It's still my daily driver of choice, even though my R is in the garage & available. (It did get an outing on Xmas day + it's off to it's 1st MOT later thus week....). I live in Thurrock, if you fancy a natter whilst waiting at AmD let me know. Happy New Year, DC.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

My records show 5052 miles when purchased, in Feb, 2013, not too bad for a May 2012 car. I've now reached 35,200 miles, some 6 years & 10+ months later..... AmD mapped it to 249 bhp, it might be a little more now with a Pipercross  air-filter & 30K more miles. It's still my daily driver of choice, even though my R is in the garage & available. (It did get an outing on Xmas day + it's off to it's 1st MOT later thus week....). I live in Thurrock, if you fancy a natter whilst waiting at AmD let me know. Happy New Year, DC.

Might just take you up on that.;)

• Like 1

With an average of 44mph, yes that's definitely possible. That's mostly motorway driving with ACC, 50mph aVerage limit some ways and making sure I reach home with fuel left lol.

IMG_20191231_203915.jpg

Edited by KeteCantek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Set the ACC to 65mph with air con on. Surprised to get this figure in winter though.:)

Yours with 7speed dsg is even better than the 6speeder. My old 1.8 manual civic at 65-70mph cruise would give me about 42mpg ish. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

For Christ's sake @shyVRS245 don't show me that! On that basis I can almost afford to run one:D

Best you go get one Jeff! I had a sedate three hour motorway drive and got 45mpg the other day 🤯

Normal service has since resumed!

• Like 2

Briskodajeff done some research for your next purchase depending on budget and spec requirement so you can have a lazy Holiday today.

At just £21,994 280 Sportline hatch in Black Magic with 14,000 miles with Vega alloys , registered 21/05/2018 KR18 UEG (ex Milton Keynes HQ car) for sale at TT Sports & Prestige in Derby.

Or fully specced £32,375 272 Sportline Plus Estate in Black Magic with 3,152 miles with Vega alloys, registered 28/03/2019  PJ19 BNZ for sale in Colne with, DCC, Pano roof, Canton, Reversing camera, Heated windscreen/steering wheel/rear seats, virtual pedal and rear sunblinds.:D

• Like 4

Couple of questions for fellow 272/280 owners. There are 3 buttons near the sunglasses holder in the roof one is obvious being the Red SOS Button which you push in a ditch upside down after being optimistic with your corner entry speed. The middle one is a symbol of a spanner. If I press this does it just tell me on the info screen when the next service is due (which I already know is in 11,000 miles) and the left hand button is an i for information I'm guessing what information is it going to tell me if I press it. Scared of pressing either just in case they activate a built-in ejector seat for me or SWMBO. Thanks for constructive or amusing replies guys, shy272.:notme:

8 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Couple of questions for fellow 272/280 owners. There are 3 buttons near the sunglasses holder in the roof one is obvious being the Red SOS Button which you push in a ditch upside down after being optimistic with your corner entry speed. The middle one is a symbol of a spanner. If I press this does it just tell me on the info screen when the next service is due (which I already know is in 11,000 miles) and the left hand button is an i for information I'm guessing what information is it going to tell me if I press it. Scared of pressing either just in case they activate a built-in ejector seat for me or SWMBO. Thanks for constructive or amusing replies guys, shy272.:notme:

Hope this helps...

Screenshot_20200104-204700.jpg

• Thanks 1