The 280PS Thread

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just curious has the 280 got vented or solid rear discs because the 272 has vented front/rear discs and they look the same size as the Vrs245 at 340mm front and 310mm rear?:hi:

Off the top of my head; yes 340mm front and 310mm rear, both vented. Rust is also standard spec on the factory setup 😁

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2020 at 04:47, shyVRS245 said:

Just curious has the 280 got vented or solid rear discs because the 272 has vented front/rear discs and they look the same size as the Vrs245 at 340mm front and 310mm rear?:hi:

Vented rear discs, but I’m not sure of the size.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Others have confirmed they are 310mm rear vented, but thanks anyway.

Usual problem of me not reading to the end of the thread / realising there was another page, before replying!

On 01/01/2020 at 10:10, shyVRS245 said:

At just £21,994 280 Sportline hatch in Black Magic with 14,000 miles with Vega alloys , registered 21/05/2018 KR18 UEG (ex Milton Keynes HQ car) for sale at TT Sports & Prestige in Derby.

Shhhhh, i've got my eye on that one ;)

23 minutes ago, TheBinarySheep said:

Sorry 😂

Ha, no problem, was there much wiggle room in the end on price (if you don't mind me asking), they had it on since end of November i believe?

I have a few more on my AutoTrader save list but they are the 220's - I'm in no immediate hurry though, so i'll keep my eye out for another 272 version if one pops up.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that quite a few 280 owners had Pirelli P7 tyres fitted from the factory and just wanted to give some feedback on the Bridgestone S001 235/40R19 W96 tyres that came with my 272 from the factory. The Octavia Vrs245 often has Bridgestone Turanza 225/40R18 tyres fitted as standard which aren't very good either in noise suppression, tyre life and fuel economy IMHO. However the S001 being a high performance tyre range is excellent in the wet, not too noisy (despite a 71db rating same as Michelin PS4S) and is giving me decent economy in the 800 miles I have covered in the car so far. Having checked on Blackcircles they will sell you 4 Michelin PS4S discounted by £40 leaving a cost of £175 per tyre fitted including VAT. However the S001 comes in at just under £155 per tyre fitted and I doubt anyone could tell much difference on a 4WD car like the 272/280 and there is a saving of £20 per corner. Worth considering when replacing those P7's.:thumbup:

Just replaced all four original P7's (two of which have lasted 43k miles)  and while they still had some  4-5 mm meat on them I do like plenty of tread, especially in the wet. I've just splashed out on full set of PS4S - my local tyre firm matched the Black Circles £. My other reason for changing early is that I caravan fairly long distances in UK & Europe. I have found again and again the flexible sidewall of the P7's led to the tyres heating, causing the tyre pressure monitor to keep giving me warnings. I am an anorak about tyre pressures, loading and speed limits so didn't believe I was overcooking the tyres - time will tell if my theory is right. BTW I was very interested to watch the comparative review on www.tyrereviews.co.uk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

I know that quite a few 280 owners had Pirelli P7 tyres fitted from the factory and just wanted to give some feedback on the Bridgestone S001 235/40R19 W96 tyres that came with my 272 from the factory. The Octavia Vrs245 often has Bridgestone Turanza 225/40R18 tyres fitted as standard which aren't very good either in noise suppression, tyre life and fuel economy IMHO. However the S001 being a high performance tyre range is excellent in the wet, not too noisy (despite a 71db rating same as Michelin PS4S) and is giving me decent economy in the 800 miles I have covered in the car so far. Having checked on Blackcircles they will sell you 4 Michelin PS4S discounted by £40 leaving a cost of £175 per tyre fitted including VAT. However the S001 comes in at just under £155 per tyre fitted and I doubt anyone could tell much difference on a 4WD car like the 272/280 and there is a saving of £20 per corner. Worth considering when replacing those P7's.:thumbup:

Stick to tha own thread now Shybo !!! 😉

• Haha 1

I going to join you soon … When the Scout is released with the 272 engine I will be first in line... In orange please ! ( This is a lie there is zero chance the Mrs will allow this this )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

I going to join you soon … When the Scout is released with the 272 engine I will be first in line... In orange please ! ( This is a lie there is zero chance the Mrs will allow this this )

I can see your nose growing from here.:nerd:

I've just had my insurance renewal email - I bought my 280 a couple of months after I'd renewed last time, and had to pay a few quid more than for my previous car (Touareg R-Line 3 litre diesel). The quote wasn't too bad (£380), but it's always worth shopping around.  Best price I could find on a comparison site was with Quote Me Happy (Aviva).  Lower excess than my existing policy (£250), and including legal cover, protected bonus and class 1 business use - £240.   I'm paying nearly that much for my other car, a Kia Picanto GT-Line S turbo.  I guess not many 280 owners make claims, so it's seen as a low risk for the insurance company.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

It wasn't a sneeze...

Jeff if you loiter on the Big Boy thread much longer your wallet may come out and that diesel is History. Remember 550 miles in a 272 is dead easy so why bother with all that cold start clatter nonsense.;)

• Like 1