The 280PS Thread

On 1/24/2017 at 14:19, skippy70 said:

6 month update on my 280.

Really really happy with the car, especially the smile it puts on your face from time to time when a situation comes up. I'm pretty sure we have nearly all left someone behind wondering what just happened!

Finally one small downside.

Heated seats only have 1 setting and that feels like it is the lowest setting. Luke warm bum for the time being for me:(

When i went to take it to my nearest VW garage this brought another bigger problem.

Over the course of the last year or two VW have stopped fixing warranty repairs for Skoda. You now have to go to a Skoda garage which for me is not feasible.

Will hope to get the seats sorted on the first service before next winter.

The heated seats usually have 3 settings, just keep pressing the button & you should see 1, 2,or 3 lights indicating the selected heat setting.

DC

• 4 weeks later...

I did q

5 minutes ago, Mloc said:

Surely you will have it sooner than the 6 weeks they said?

I did query that with Pilsen. Dealer reckons it takes 4-5 weeks to arrive in Ireland but I reckon he is covering himself there. I reckon the car will be 3 weeks from leaving the factory to arriving in Ireland. The dealer will most likely have it for a week to run through the PDI and then I will get a phone call. He reckons we are still on track for end of March.

1 hour ago, CTRob said:

My black magic sportline 280 has left the factory and is en route to Ireland :)

That will look pretty special.

I remember Arnold Clark had one on Autotrader back in Oct/Nov.  Looked very nice indeed; a proper Q car.  (or 'sleeper' as all the kids say :))

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTRob said:

I did q

I did query that with Pilsen. Dealer reckons it takes 4-5 weeks to arrive in Ireland but I reckon he is covering himself there. I reckon the car will be 3 weeks from leaving the factory to arriving in Ireland. The dealer will most likely have it for a week to run through the PDI and then I will get a phone call. He reckons we are still on track for end of March.

Yeah, I figure they are adding a buffer to cover delays for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I remember Arnold Clark had one on Autotrader back in Oct/Nov.  Looked very nice indeed; a proper Q car.  (or 'sleeper' as all the kids say :))

Thanks that's exactly the look I am going for... unassuming but with surprise poke when needed :)  I know most people will be against a black on black superb but I think it looks quite distinctive on Audi cars.

7 minutes ago, CTRob said:

Thanks that's exactly the look I am going for... unassuming but with surprise poke when needed :)  I know most people will be against a black on black superb but I think it looks quite distinctive on Audi cars.

Both my Fabia vRS and Octavia vRS were black magic and it's a lovely colour.  Or it is for the 15 mins it stays clean for :D

I've seen a 190 Sportline in black magic at my supplying dealer (estate) and it looked lovely.  I bet you can't wait!  I collect mine a week today :)

• Like 1

Just now, penguin17 said:

Both my Fabia vRS and Octavia vRS were black magic and it's a lovely colour.  Or it is for the 15 mins it stays clean for :D

I've seen a 190 Sportline in black magic at my supplying dealer (estate) and it looked lovely.  I bet you can't wait!  I collect mine a week today :)

Current / outgoing car is a BMW E60 in black so I know what I am getting myself into :)  I cannot wait is the honest truth!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CTRob said:

Current / outgoing car is a BMW E60 in black so I know what I am getting myself into :)  I cannot wait is the honest truth!

I hope you get it soon then.  Once mine left the factory it arrived in the UK much quicker than both myself and the dealer was expecting.  It's been at the dealers compound since the end of Jan but got moved to the dealership last week. 

Don't forget to post some pics when it arrives.   I also think you should get the rear tailpipes black powder coated.  It's not my car so it's easier to say. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I hope you get it soon then.  Once mine left the factory it arrived in the UK much quicker than both myself and the dealer was expecting.  It's been at the dealers compound since the end of Jan but got moved to the dealership last week. 

Don't forget to post some pics when it arrives.   I also think you should get the rear tailpipes black powder coated.  It's not my car so it's easier to say. 

Will definitely post pics for sure! I actually like the tailpipes being the only contrasting colour :)

• Like 1

CTRob looks like Yours will be 1st 280 sportline in Ireland. Congrats! So far i was sure that my will be 1st :P Lucky You. Anyway i ordered my car in last day of January build date confirmed at week 11 and collection probably week 14-15 Corrida Red Combi Sportline 280

I was sure mine would be the first 280 Sportline in Ireland... now I see there will be two before me :D

Edit: http://www.beepbeep.ie/stats/?sYear[]=2017&sYear[]=2016&sRegType=1&sMonth[]=1&sMonth[]=12&sMake[]=Skoda&sRange[]=SUPERB&sEcc[]=1901-2000&x=37&y=13

a single 280 regged in Ireland in 2016 and one so far in 2017

Edited by Mloc

19 hours ago, penguin17 said:

I was thinking of painting the tail pipes gloss black once the winter is over.

13 hours ago, lukas883 said:

CTRob looks like Yours will be 1st 280 sportline in Ireland. Congrats! So far i was sure that my will be 1st :P Lucky You. Anyway i ordered my car in last day of January build date confirmed at week 11 and collection probably week 14-15 Corrida Red Combi Sportline 280

Not a bad choice;-)

On 2/24/2017 at 11:30, penguin17 said:

Yes, November. I know, because I bought it. Better specced than advertised and a bargain at under 26k with 9 miles on the clock. Had to travel 400+ miles to get it, but what a car. The number of Audi's that seem intent on trying to outrun you, till they realise that isn't going to happen.

IMG_4958.JPG

Edited by indyjukebox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, indyjukebox said:

Yes, November. I know, because I bought it. Better specced than advertised and a bargain at under 26k with 9 miles on the clock. Had to travel 400+ miles to get it, but what a car. The number of Audi's that seem intent on trying to outrun you, till they realise that isn't going to happen.

IMG_4958.JPG

That's the puppy!  Still looking very nice indeed.  TBH I think this was the car that made my mind up to go for a Sportline.  I wish I could afford to run the 280 because it was a bloody good deal and I would have loved it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indyjukebox said:

IMG_4958.JPG

More pics please!!!

3 hours ago, philpix said:

Looks great still prefer Phoenix Anthracite alloys though. Enjoy :)

I do as well, still waiting on my 280 L & K with the Phoenix wheels as an option.  However, these are easier to clean:D