veedubnoodle

• 1 month later...

How did you mend your door?

My passenger rear door is locked and won't open. The pin just goes up and down again when I use the handle in the inside. Does that sound familiar?

Haha my rear door has just started doing this over the weekend there! I just got the door lock mechanism on the front passenger replaced to sort it so I'll have to do this rear one too before it deadlocks lol

In other news I've been trying my best to drive economically recently and surprised myself on a trip to Mullingar over the weekend! Managed to get 43mpg! Who needs diesel when you can have this! :P

After the summer I think I'll take it off the road for a short while and sort out any body work issues the car has before winter sets in :)

• Like 1

12990933_10153937306551210_2776777699801

These are my favourite rims that I've seen anyone put on a mk1 Octy. Had a look on line, £750 plus tyres is about the going rate? So nice, so tempted, maybe next year as I've spent too much this year on Yellow Peril II already this year!

Edited by Leeboy
  • Like 1

These are my favourite rims that I've seen anyone put on a mk1 Octy. Had a look on line, £750 plus tyres is about the going rate? So nice, so tempted, maybe next year as I've spent too much this year on Yellow Peril II already this year!

Hahaha Cheers dude! Yeah that's about the going rate on them now. Lovely wheel and well made too! :D

Ok so a little update, the Skoda has been feeling a bit strange lately.

Felt a bit down on power and has only really held 15psi reliably but last night I took it out for a spin to find on 1/4 throttle it feels insane! Boosting to 18psi and sometimes more! This worries me because surely on part throttle with that much boost it will run lean and kill the engine.

My solution I think is to finally delete my SAI pump, get it mapped out and fit a new N75 valve. From what I've read cheap maps can cause this issue so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone by doing all the above. Any advice is always welcome though :)

Cheers,

Aaron

So got part one of the potential boost loss issue at lunch time there...

13397625_1554481854855657_850354606_n.jp

...new genuine N75 valve. I'll fit it tonight after work and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work I'll try bypassing the N249 valve to see if it changes the behaviour of anything and if that doesn't work then the last port of call will be a throttle body realignment through VAG-COM.

If all that fails I'm doing a full SAI delete anyway so I'll replace all my boost pipes with uprated ones and get the car checked over and then remapped to suit :)

"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

If it is broke, MAKE IT BETTER! :D

Well the N75 valve did seem to help a little on the boost side of things but it's still doing the crazy full throttle on part throttle thing.

Hopefully get the SAI/N249/N112 delete thing done this week and see if that helps it.

So ordered a nice new TIP today for the car as the old standard one has seen better days...

$_57.JPG

Big thanks to Mankee for the link as I was about to purchase a CMS one for only £10 cheaper than this SFS one lol

Might have this fitted before I head off to Goodwood at the weekend :D

• Like 2

After reading this I think I need to pull my finger out and work on mine.

Haha there's always something to do on a car :P

I'll hopefully have this updated soon with my new mods and simplifications :)

• 4 weeks later...

Aww mate, should've nabbed me for a quick chat lol. Sure I'll maybe get down to the Briskoda meet with Niall for a bit of craic :)

Sure don't invite me then :(

I bet that car of yours had a really awesome previous owner lol

Edited by browne174
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, not really an update here but more of a Goodbye to mk1 vRS ownership.

Having changed job recently and moving house I'm doing way more miles everyday and I just don't feel its right to put so many miles on this wee motor.

She's just about to click 124k and I think she deserves a new owner so if anyone is genuinely interested send me a PM.

Thankfully it won't be a goodbye from me as I've bought myself a lovely mk2 facelift Octavia vRS in white so expect a new thread soon :)

Cheers,

Aaron

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...