Rob's Ur Quattro

RobClubley

On 11/11/2023 at 15:37, Gaz said:

Just out of interest, this little bundle of joy sold for £74,000 earlier today:

A bargain, I reckon I could have been in with a shout (of the deposit for a mortgage to buy it)... :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RobClubley said:

New driving buddy
D1J57VQ.png

You know we've got a 'Pets of Brisky....' thread? :nod:

Had to look up WoF.  Though topical, turns out it's not Wheel of Fortune! 😁

Gaz

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's really nice is hearing you reminisce on some of the challenges you've gone through, and remembering you going through them at the time.  They'll be in this thread somewhere as well.

When I inherited a 1989 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v in 2002, it had an aftermarket exhaust on it.  Can't remember the make, but it was a well known brand.  Once you got to 50mph there was a god awful resonance that no one in their right mind could live with.  That first drive after installing a new OEM system was just bliss.

Watching you sat in the shade in nice wicker chairs in front of rusty.  It's currently -1°C in the South East UK 🥶

Gaz 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gaz said:

What's really nice is hearing you reminisce on some of the challenges you've gone through, and remembering you going through them at the time.  They'll be in this thread somewhere as well.

When I inherited a 1989 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v in 2002, it had an aftermarket exhaust on it.  Can't remember the make, but it was a well known brand.  Once you got to 50mph there was a god awful resonance that no one in their right mind could live with.  That first drive after installing a new OEM system was just bliss.

Watching you sat in the shade in nice wicker chairs in front of rusty.  It's currently -1°C in the South East UK 🥶

Gaz 

It was 27 degrees that day! We were absolutely cooking inside the car with windows up and no aircon.

• Like 1

First drive in Rusty for 2024, with #charlie and my dad who’s over in New Zealand for Christmas along with my mum and sister. He said it was “A white knuckle ride”. Not sure if that’s the car or my driving.
The car has been in a storage unit for 4 weeks and I disconnected the battery but left the charger connected. Rookie mistake, apparently. Turns out the battery had been leaking too. Always new things to fix.

rulsqVH.png
gwTs0BE.png

Flat battery adventures in Waitara
Fortunately Automotive Service Centre had the right battery in stock and gave me a ride back to the car with it so I could fit it. Unfortunately it was about 27 degrees.

rI132sa.png
duHG0C5.png
tM7rqzK.png
JX6ZZhG.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I don't know why you don't move back to the UK with all that never-ending rubbish weather you get down there.

It was like this for a week before Christmas. Still 20 degrees though.

20231224_054135055_iOS.jpg

This week it's like...

20240107_192820926_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RobClubley said:

Sitting at a red light isn't so bad with a view like this!

0q4C1kZ.png

It would bug the H*11 out of me, not because the view doesn't do it, but because there is no sign of road workers to be protected!