S3 Winter wheel / brake sizes

Gizmo

Check the centre bore is 57.1mm, otherwise they will be fine (the Škoda OE size is 8”x18”, but a 7.5” x 18” will be fine)

Edited by Gizmo68

I do think so. But it might be wise to ask your dealer. The rim dealer will suply you with rings If nessesery.

Kjør på. Det blir kult.

They'll fit but you'll need hub rings to reduce the centrebore from 73.1mm down to 57.1mm

Thanks, guys, will order today.

I will make a note that I need hub rings, but I guess if they fail to provide these, that I can get these from elsewhere, did a quick search and they're not very expensive.

Hi,

I've been told by Skoda that my Superb Estate L&K, which has 18" wheels can either have 215/55 R17 94W on 6.5Jx17ET41 rims OR 215/60 R16 95V on 6.5Jx16ET41 rims.

I'm opting for the 17" wheels with Michelin Cross Climate tyres.

Any comments and advice would be appreciated.

Does anybody know what pressure should be used?

As a rule of thumb, +3 psi over summer tyres.

Hello Folks, 

Just simple question. 

Will this fit on my car?? 

https://www.tyremen.co.uk/wheels/16-steel-winter-wheels-14

They are 

7x16 R16 

ET 45

Asked Tyremen guys if they have some wheels which will fit my car and they send me this. But I'm not sure if they will fit as there should be ET41 and centre bore 57.1

Thanks for advice

They will fit... BUT £230 for steel wheels??

You could get some decent alloys for that money.

I've been looking but not found any that low, 17" or 16".

Pls do tell as I was about to spend £198 on four new steelies. Nearest 16" alloy was £329 for 4, so decent alloys for £230, I'd be very interested.

I've been looking but not found any that low, 17" or 16".

Pls do tell as I was about to spend £198 on four new steelies. Nearest 16" alloy was £329 for 4, so decent alloys for £230, I'd be very interested.

eBay or gumtree

just search for 5x112  16"

If the are Audi or VW you can just bust a cheap decal and replace the other logo.  Some of the A4 rims have a 66.xxmm centrebore.  You need hub rings for them

My last 3 sets of rims have all been from Audis.  People doing "upgrades" and selling off near new wheels & tyres.  Never paid more than AUD400 (about GBP200) and VW group stuff is a lot more expensive down here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-B6-ALLOY-WHEELS-16-INCH-5-SPOKE-5-X-112-SET-OF-4-/162220573760?hash=item25c5198440:g:DZ8AAOSw8-tWWEik

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A8-FORGED-WINTER-ALLOY-WHEELS-16-7J-5x112-ET42-R16-GOLF-MK1-MK2-BBS-RS-RM-/222280874140?hash=item33c0f8f89c:g:U5oAAOSwcu5UUVf2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Vw-Alloys-5x112-16-/191994968334?hash=item2cb3cab90e:g:iwYAAOSw-CpX~9pq

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-wheels-original-Audi-16-fit-for-cars-VW-SEAT-5x112-/232096183615?hash=item360a02b53f:g:SdAAAOSwOyJX6jLo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-5-Audi-Alloys-set-studs-5x112-205-55-R16-from-2002-audi-a6-c5-/291893536723?hash=item43f635e7d3:g:5EMAAOSwmtJXUmvs

• Like 1

Thanks, guys, will order today.

I will make a note that I need hub rings, but I guess if they fail to provide these, that I can get these from elsewhere, did a quick search and they're not very expensive.

And they have arrived! :-)

Now all I need is a car... Shouldn't take more than 3 weeks, it's supposed to come out of the factory later this week.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45R18 studless winter tyres

on

Monaco Pole Position Gun Metal Polished rims

post-144978-0-92042400-1476708950_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And they have arrived! :-)

Now all I need is a car... Shouldn't take more than 3 weeks, it's supposed to come out of the factory later this week.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45R18 studless winter tyres

on

Monaco Pole Position Gun Metal Polished rims

They look lovely, don't take this the wrong way, won't a polished finish get hammered by the winter salt and grit?

They look lovely, don't take this the wrong way, won't a polished finish get hammered by the winter salt and grit?

Maybe, but I have a habit of washing my cars several times each week with a pressure washer, especially during winter to rinse of salt and other dirt.

But I'll just have to see how it goes :-)

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have found a company in Southend that has an alloy wheel to fit Superb III.

The link is

[email protected] 

I have bought 4 off 18 x 8 stud 112 offset 42 Project-A Alpha 85 Wheels with new studs locking studs (4) spigots and bolt in tyre valves £369.00

As far as I know the wheels are in 16 17 and 18 inch sizes. ask for Paul 01702 560584. I have no connection with him.

I have bought 4 off 235/45 x 18 Wanli winters £236.01 fitted and balance fron SETYRES maidstone. Tim is the manager, I have no connection with SETYRES

Hope this helps

Ps smaller wheels are cheaper but I don't think 16 inch wheels will fit a 280.

Mayo

This looks as good a thread as any to throw this one out there. I'm looking at new rims. Quite fancy the WSP 565 which come as 19" x 8.5J and an ET of 42. What size boots do I need to shoe them with and am I going to get clearance issues anywhere?TIA.

Dave.

Edited by Devonshiredave

I'd suggest you google "wheel offset calculator" and "tyre size calculator" so that you can visualise the changes for yourself.

The logical 19" tyre would be a 225/35r19.  I'm not sure of the rules in the UK but down here they can't be fitted because you can't get anything with a high enough load rating (they are only an 88) to meet the load rating that Skoda homogolated.  You might manage it in a 40 series or a wider fitment.

In terms of rim width they fit 7.5"-9" so you are OK there.

The rims will be borderline at the front (IMO).  They will poke outwards ~21mm more than the standard 18x7.5" ET50 (I think thats the OEM fitment).  I'm more familiar with Octavias but I've had 8" ET35 and they were perfect at the rear, but poked too much up front.  You also need a wheel alignment by a knowledgeable aligner (someone that does race/rally cars)  as you need to change the toe slightly as you increase the offset (toe-out on turns).

If you aren't lowered, you shouldn't have any clearance issues but the car will look stupid  (big wheels need dropped suspension IMO).

If you are lowered it will look good but clearance might be an issue on bumps going through corners.  If you can get somewhere near ET47 it would be better.  Even 8.5 ET50 should be OK as that's what they had on the MK1 Audi TT.

Personally, I'd go for the lightest weight 18x8 or 17x8 ET45 I could afford with a slightly over-diameter tyre aiming for <20kg per wheel but it's all personal preference.

The logical 19" tyre would be a 225/35r19.  I'm not sure of the rules in the UK but down here they can't be fitted because you can't get anything with a high enough load rating (they are only an 88) to meet the load rating that Skoda homogolated.  You might manage it in a 40 series or a wider fitment.

In terms of rim width they fit 7.5"-9" so you are OK there.

The rims will be borderline at the front (IMO).  They will poke outwards ~21mm more than the standard 18x7.5" ET50 (I think thats the OEM fitment).  I'm more familiar with Octavias but I've had 8" ET35 and they were perfect at the rear, but poked too much up front.  You also need a wheel alignment by a knowledgeable aligner (someone that does race/rally cars)  as you need to change the toe slightly as you increase the offset (toe-out on turns).

The S3 comes with 8”x19” ET44 rims and 235/40/19” tyres from the factory.

• Like 1

Going with a 19" x 8.5J rim with 235/40/R19 tyre should end up with a new wheel that is 4.3mm closer to the suspension set up and protrude 8.3mm further out compared to the standard fitment according to Will they fit.com. I'm guessing this should be ok?

The rears will be fine Dave (just measured the clearance, the fronts ‘should’ be OK but they will be close if the suspension gets fully compressed.

However on saying that the tyres will be slightly stretched compared to your current set up which will of course give a bit more room.

The rears will be fine Dave (just measured the clearance, the fronts ‘should’ be OK but they will be close if the suspension gets fully compressed.

However on saying that the tyres will be slightly stretched compared to your current set up which will of course give a bit more room.

Should I be considering 245's? Just seen prices on them. Ouch.

Just a comment on tyres alone, I've run my Nokian WR3 225/45 winter tyres all year including two trips to France in the summer, the later one in 30 plus heat.

No problem with wear or grip on the winters and believe it or not they worked particularly well on the hot smooth tarmac in the Jura region of France!

Can't fault them really.

Edited by YvesD

Not the 2.0 TSI models though for the reasons already covered in Post #1 of this thread.

Edited by Prykey