Superb’s available to view at the following dealers

Garlands Aldershot have just taken delivery of one. Not sure if this will be display model though. More info on their FaceBook page:

http://www.facebook.com/GarlandSkoda

Was hoping to go & see it this weekend..... but apparently, it needs taming before it can be put in the showroom.

It's now on display in the Garland Motors Aldershot showroom (unregistered).

Business Grey. SE L Executive hatch with the 19" Sirius optional wheels.

As I'm waiting for my L&K 280 (which this isn't) it didn't occur to me to ask which engine it had - doh! I was more interested in looking at quality and comfort.

• Like 1

Not quite available to view as such, but at the big cycle race in london the other week, they had 3 hatches and 3 estates as support cars, seems a very odd way to do things. Not released yet, but some dealers have to show in showroom only, yet theres at least 6 driving round on UK roads a few weeks ago (Admittedly LHD models)

White Dove (Cardiff?) have emailed me to advise they have four new Superbs available on site and 2 available to test drive.

Presume that means 2 of the 4 to drive and NOT 6 in total !

It's now on display in the Garland Motors Aldershot showroom (unregistered).

Business Grey. SE L Executive hatch with the 19" Sirius optional wheels.

As I'm waiting for my L&K 280 (which this isn't) it didn't occur to me to ask which engine it had - doh! I was more interested in looking at quality and comfort.

Thanks! Off to see it on Saturday.

That estate looks nice I even like the wheels. I worry anything less than the 19s would look lost on such a big car but they look ok. Is that an SE L exec?

Edited by jamiemad

Whilst my O3 was being diagnosed with a faulty DMF, I had a sit in the L&K today at Horton's, very nice and was really impressed with the increase in interior quality compared to the O3, including my pet hate on the O3, door cards. The S3 door cards retain the soft touch plastics from the S2 and O2 that were ditched in favour of ill-fitting hard plastics on the O3, also the leather was a much better feel than the plasticy stuff fitted to my old S2. £33k for Skoda though, ouch! I'll have to wait for a nearly new/used model once the honeymoon period is over and the bottom drops out of residual values.

Thankfully, a new DMF under warranty will keep me on the road in the O3 for another 12-18 months, by which time, S3 values will hopefully have softened or I'll be off to the Jaag garage for a used XF!

Wakefield......SEL Business grey estate in the show room now

Bradford....... Silver Estate being polished as we speak to go in the show room today

Chesterfield.... Estate & Hatch (Gordon Lamb not avaialbe to view until Monday) might be the same ones as Derby branch. To confirm

Wakefield......SEL Business grey estate in the show room now

Bradford....... Silver Estate being polished as we speak to go in the show room today

Chesterfield.... Estate & Hatch (Gordon Lamb not avaialbe to view until Monday) might be the same ones as Derby branch. To confirm

Where in Wakefield?

ŠKODA Wakefield Calder Island Way Denby Dale Road Wakefield West Yorkshire United Kingdom WF2 7AWquote name="InfiniteDreamer" post="4348977" timestamp="1439645811"]Where in Wakefield?

ŠKODA Wakefield Calder Island Way Denby Dale Road Wakefield West Yorkshire United Kingdom WF2 7AWquote name="InfiniteDreamer" post="4348977" timestamp="1439645811"]Where in Wakefield?

Cheers - i know where that is as thats where ive ordered mine from.

Hortons Lincoln

L&K (Hatch)

Quartz Grey 

190 DSG (inc flappy paddles)

Brown Leather

19” Phoenix Alloys

No rear wiper

Placed order today for L & K 150 diesel in silver with beige leather, spare wheel, wiper and waste bin, unfortunately not with them :doh: ​ offered a slightly better deal by local dealer. estimated delivery is 31/10.

does anyone know if hortons are doing test drives aswell as showing in the showroom

Citygate Skoda in Colindale

SEL Executive Estate

2.0 TDI 190 DSG

Black Metallic

SEL Executive Hatch

2.0 TDI 150 Manual

Business Grey

The Superb has finally arrived in London.  Citygate Skoda in Colindale took delivery of two yesterday, The first is what is supposed to be a SEL Executive Estate 2.0 TDI 190 DSG in Black Metallic which I was lucky enough to take for a test drive yesterday afternoon.  The second I believe is a SEL Executive Hatch 2.0 TDI 150 Manual in Business Grey which still had some of the protective wrapping on it but looked very nice.

My main issue is that both had Alcantara seats when the Brochures state very clearly that the SEL Executive comes as standard with Leather Upholstery.  The Alcantara was very comfortable, but as I am probably looking to go for cream interior and would be seriously concerned about the durability of cream Alcantara, this is and issue for me.

Why are Skoda putting out demonstrators with non standard specifications!!  Or is the brochure wrong!! I am sure that some clarification from Skoda would be appreciated.

Edited by Gizmo68

Johnson Skoda Birmingham have received delry of their showroom models and demo cars. 2 hatches and 2 estates, possibly more. White Estate (assume 190 as it has adblue tank)  and Business Grey hatch. We made them open them up yesterday but not ready to go out yet. Great dealer, can`t knock them. When I rung Sandicliffe Leics they didn't seem to have heard about it! (good luck there). Just bear in mind that no dealers wants to register these cars as 15 plates when they can wait 2 weeks and put them on as 65`s...that`s one reason why they are dragging their heels. 

ADDRESS
585 Tyburn RoadErdingtonBirminghamB24 9RXUnited Kingdom
TELEPHONE
Reception:0844 788 0652
Sales:0844 788 0638
Service:0844 788 0639
Parts:0844 788 0652
  • Like 1

Johnson Skoda Birmingham have received delry of their showroom models and demo cars. 2 hatches and 2 estates, possibly more. White Estate (assume 190 as it has adblue tank)  and Business Grey hatch. We made them open them up yesterday but not ready to go out yet. Great dealer, can`t knock them. When I rung Sandicliffe Leics they didn't seem to have heard about it! (good luck there). Just bear in mind that no dealers wants to register these cars as 15 plates when they can wait 2 weeks and put them on as 65`s...that`s one reason why they are dragging their heels. 

ADDRESS
585 Tyburn RoadErdingtonBirminghamB24 9RXUnited Kingdom
TELEPHONE
Reception:0844 788 0652
Sales:0844 788 0638
Service:0844 788 0639
Parts:0844 788 0652

You beat me to it Dekka!  I nipped in there this morning and checked out an SE L Exec Hatch in Business Grey.  Very nice!  The guy I spoke to had plenty of time for me and was great.  He even peeled a bit more of the protective covering off the bodywork for me!  They're that new!  :D

Having ordered a 190 L&K the other week I was desperate to see one in the flesh and I wasn't disappointed.  These are top quality cars inside and out.  Really looking forward to getting mine now.  :thumbup:

Lookers Skoda in Guildford (http://www.lookers.co.uk/skoda/contact-us/guildford-skoda/) now have one on display and available for accompanied test drives;

Superb Hatchback SE L Executive 2.0TDi 150ps DSG

Business Grey metallic

Black Alcantara / Leather (now a free of charge alternative  to Leather on the SE L)

19" Sirius Alloys

Estate model due soon!

Robinsons Skoda in Norwich have a White SE-L  Estate demonstrator, diesel DSG, with an Ad-Blue filler cap. 

Had a good poke around it, nice but didn't have time to drive it.

SWMBO said, what does it have (that we want) compared with our current superb 2 ?

Apart from it being an estate rather than our twin-door, it's not an easy question to answer,

especially when having to find £20K or so as the cost to change.

Foot for thought, methinks.

DC

Robinsons Skoda in Norwich have a White SE-L  Estate demonstrator, diesel DSG, with an Ad-Blue filler cap. 

Had a good poke around it, nice but didn't have time to drive it.

SWMBO said, what does it have (that we want) compared with our current superb 2 ?

Apart from it being an estate rather than our twin-door, it's not an easy question to answer,

especially when having to find £20K or so as the cost to change.

Foot for thought, methinks.

DC

I must admit when I test drove the MIII, my thoughts were this doesn't feel much different to my MKII. However you do notice the new electronic sensors, i.e. Blind spot detection, ACC and Lane assist.

• Like 1

I must admit when I test drove the MIII, my thoughts were this doesn't feel much different to my MKII. However you do notice the new electronic sensors, i.e. Blind spot detection, ACC and Lane assist.

Yes, I have to agree that the driving experience isn't a whole lot different from the Mk II.  It's certainly better but not substantially.

• Like 1