The Superb III Picture thread

Hpoom, how do you find sport suspension with 19", still comfortable enough? What about noice? Mine is coming with double 19".

Mine's very smooth on 19's, you wouldn't know it was on such low profiles judging by the ride quality...

Hpoom, how do you find sport suspension with 19", still comfortable enough? What about noice? Mine is coming with double 19".

Agree with Graham, ride is fine. It feels more planted than my previous Mk II superb, less roll in corners but at the same time, hit a bump and it does not break you back. The seats are amazing, really hold you when you go round bends fast. I don't think the 19's, sport suspension or low profiles cause to many issue, that said I do like a firm ride.

• Like 1

I've been fortunate to drive both 150bhp and 190bhp diesels, as my Sportline hatch has gone back to dealer due to damage. Please check yours too.......jacking point at front wheels, the undersill on my sportline was squashed before I collected it and not one person at the dealership picked up it, so not impressed. However, they are dealing with it in a profession way so I'm happy with that.

So they've given me an estate with the DSG hooked up to the 190bhp engine. It's their demonstrator. Here's my own thoughts:

Hatch is defiantly quieter

150bhp engine pulls just as well as 190bhp engine

150bhp starts to lag at about 70mph, the 190bhp just keeps going, so this is where the real difference begins, so unless your on the autobarn, then the 150bhp is more than adequate

190bhp requires adblue, the 150bhp does not

DSG box is lovely, my 150bhp is a manual - I will miss the auto

Cruise control in the auto is even better than the manual

Boot is pretty much the same size, just the shape of the rear door makes the difference

Standard radio is not as good as Canton - I have Canton in my 150bhp

Estate needs the panaramic roof

Like I said, check the body work around the front wheels at the jacking points. Not sure if this is a transportation issue, or a dealer mechanic issue. Be interested to know if anyone else has this problem.....as the demonstrator I have been given, also has damage too that the dealer also failed to spot until I pointed it out

I'm afraid I didn't take any close ups, it's with the dealer now.....but here's a zoomed in pic

That's bad and a very poor reflection on the dealer to let that out the garage door. You should be compensated for that damage, certainly getting money back for the car. Its possible the transportation did it if it has happened to other cars too. Keep watching the work over the next few years to make sure the new paint doesn't fade or crack where the repair work was done and seek a warranty on it for a specified amount of time

• Like 1

Not sure if the damage was on the transporter, driven over a speed bump or a mechanic being very lazy and not jacking on the point and pushing the bodywork. They've learnt me a Sportline estate which has the same damage (nowhere near as bad) but on the passenger side.

Be interested in anyone else having the same issue.

Very poor but it is being dealt with professionally. In my experience of numerous new cars including so called premium brands, I've been let down by very poor service and poor communication etc etc etc. However, th dealer has been pretty good in the instance but I will be following this up with the dealers management.

I'm afraid I didn't take any close ups, it's with the dealer now.....but here's a zoomed in pic

That's horrific! To be honest, I'd have rejected the car if mine had been delivered with that damage.

• Like 1

We didn't see it until we got home.

I called and went straight back, a 20 minute journey from home. The fact is, I shouldn't be pointing this out to the dealer after delivery, PDI, mechanics and cleaning etc.....possibly 3 or 4 different stages missed the damage.

Anyway, life with the standard Sportline 190 DSG estate is ok, it I can't wait for my car to come back. Whilst the DSG is great, my car has so many more functions and extras I ordered......just hope it's together tomorrow.......

• Like 1

We didn't see it until we got home.

....possibly 3 or 4 different stages missed the damage......

I'm guessing in fact that it's the opposite. My take on it is that they saw it and hoped you wouldn't and by the time you would have noticed it a few days later they could claim ignorance and blame your side. I'm sure you don't want to dwell on it but it's hard to believe that it was given to you in that condition with damage on it unnoticed. I'm picking my car up tomorrow week and I'll be scrutinising every inch of it.

• Like 1

Looks brilliant Superb170. I like the cream with the lava blue. I wish I could have gotten it myself but I'm incompetent at keeping cars clean.

Thanks, I've had two with cream leather and didn't have any problems so hopefully will be the same. The seats are perforated so hopefully that won't make a difference this time. I'm also happy with the interior, even with the dash inserts - they are actually fine although I reckon the dash on my last one was probably the nicest dash I'll ever have.
  • Like 2

i am not a fan of cream interiors in any car it must be a generational thing.... :notme:

i will hide now in anticipation of the controversy that will stir up  :peek:  :x

• Like 2

i am not a fan of cream interiors in any car it must be a generational thing.... :notme:

i will hide now in anticipation of the controversy that will stir up  :peek:  :x

It would be a dull world if we all liked the same things :)  Not sure if its generational - I've always liked beige interiors (leather only though) but I know plenty much older than me that hate them!  Depends on how you use the car as well of course

It would be a dull world if we all liked the same things :)  Not sure if its generational - I've always liked beige interiors (leather only though) but I know plenty much older than me that hate them!  Depends on how you use the car as well of course

Hi,

Photo of my SEL Exec 190 DSG that I collected on 8th December. It is in brilliant silver with 18" Modus wheels. Options I added are: -

Canton
KESSY
Led lighting
Park Assist
Panoramic roof
Colour maxi-dot
Rear camera

For anyone that is interested in paint sealants etc I have used Poorboys White diamond (which increases paint gloss) then Auto Finesse Tough coat paint sealant. I have used gtechniq c5 on the wheels.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/gallery/album_2153/gallery_146890_2153_1603393.jpg

Edited by Speedman
  • Like 4

Some quick pics of my new Superb 150 TDI Style DSG.  Lava Blue with 18" Pegasus.  Arrived today.  I'll stick up a few more later on.  Difficult to capture the true colour but I love the lava blue (AKA petrol blue in some markets).  More comments etc to follow when I get some miles covered.....

Congrats Superb 170, looks great.

Will keep a watch out in Waterford.....

Edited by eagerv
  • Like 1

Picked car up yesterday. I am sure colour will be Marmite, some will love some will hate. Personally I am over the moon and love it. So pleased I changed the wheels to also be black.

gallery_84504_2142_1088353.jpg

Car is:

SportLine 2.0 TSI 280 PS 4x4 DSG in Dragon Green

Extras added:

Rear side airbags (PE2)
Temporary steel spare wheel (PJB)
Virtual pedal (PK9)
Heated windscreen (PKV)
Smart light assist with Lane assist and Blind spot detection (PNG)
Park assist (PPA)
Wireless phone charging with Bluetooth+ and Wi-Fi (PT5)
Canton sound system (RA3)
Heated windscreen washer nozzles (9T1)
Crew Protection Assistant (7W2)
Sliding trunk cover (3U2)
Boot nets (6M3)
Rear-view parking camera (KA2)
Special exterior paint (FB1)

Heated front seats (4A3)

Would it be yours that I saw at KDS when I dropped off my winter alloys for their protective coating at the weekend?

If so it looks very distinctive & great to see something different!