The Superb III Picture thread

On 05/03/2018 at 22:38, Blowhard said:

I really like the orange 

I REALLY like that orange.  It's not fair the UK gets only boring colours.  They must think we're really conservative :crying:

SKODA - Please read this and make the colours available to us!

They also really lack a decent shade of blue!... Like the Sprint Blue audi's or the Estorill Blue BMWs

Bought mine in December 2017 when it was 9 months old & around 7000 miles. Cappucino Beige SE-L Executive TDI190, more or less standard but with space saver spare, mudflaps all round and boot liner. So far, very pleased with it apart from noisy P7s & poor wash/wipe front and especially rear. Different jets on order so I hope they will improve things. I've added a Westfalia towbar & also a rear tunnel mat bought from Mike Hindle (great service!). Picture taken in hotel grounds after the first long run, lovely smooth ride and great mpg

John M

IMG_2185a.JPG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ACWarwick said:

New 18 plate, delivered on Friday. SE Tech.

Did you pay extra for the leather? Or did it turn up with it?

When I ordered my SE Tech Estate in December I was told that it may turn up with full leather as the factory were having issues with supply of alcantara.

I hope to pick mine up on Friday. I still don't know whether it has been supplied with full leather or not.

57 minutes ago, AngloDeutsch said:

When I ordered my SE Tech Estate in December I was told that it may turn up with full leather as the factory were having issues with supply of alcantara.

I hope to pick mine up on Friday. I still don't know whether it has been supplied with full leather or not.

Didn't pay extra, that is how it came.

I had not been told of any problems so was not expecting it.

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

On 06/03/2018 at 12:30, penguin17 said:

Ditto.  I've took a punt on Meteor Grey.  What colour have you gone for? 

Did you see it in the flesh?  Saw a VRS in it today, but still not 100% convinced.. I do really like it though.. 

36 minutes ago, technics100 said:

Did you see it in the flesh?  Saw a VRS in it today, but still not 100% convinced.. I do really like it though.. 

Not on the Superb but on a Fabia MC and Octavia vRS. Though I did find pics on The Swedish Škoda site as well as some helpful member alsonposting pics;  see this post. 

I’m glad I went for it. 

5 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Not on the Superb but on a Fabia MC and Octavia vRS. Though I did find pics on The Swedish Škoda site as well as some helpful member alsonposting pics;  see this post. 

I’m glad I went for it. 

Flip that's tasty.. I have been looking at stock UK and they have a Meteor grey sitting.. 

37 minutes ago, technics100 said:

Flip that's tasty.. I have been looking at stock UK and they have a Meteor grey sitting.. 

There's a MG Sportline in the UK?  

I contacted Skoda UK to try and locate one or even find out if any dealers ordered a demo but they said they had no orders for MG on the system.  The dealer also had a look for me and couldn't see anything. 

Edited by penguin17

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

There's a MG Sportline in the UK?  

I contacted Skoda UK to try and locate one or even find out if any dealers ordered a demo but they said they had no orders for MG on the system.  The dealer also had a look for me and couldn't see anything. 

yeah, so I was told, I basically got a list of all 2.0T dsg sportlines available in stock.. one hatch and one estate

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, technics100 said:

yeah, so I was told, I basically got a list of all 2.0T dsg sportlines available in stock.. one hatch and one estate

Well I suppose someone could have ordered one, had it built and shipped to the UK in the 4 weeks since I asked !?!? :blink:

Bloody Škoda customer service! 

Let me know if you get any further details. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

On 11/03/2018 at 18:04, ACWarwick said:

Got mine back home and now cleaned and polished.

Skoda Superb-104.jpg

Great to see the replacement motor...

The key question going from like to like (ok estate to hatch) but does it feel the same to drive ? Does it feel better than your did when it went back with the higher than average mileage ?

1 hour ago, RickTT said:

Great to see the replacement motor...

The key question going from like to like (ok estate to hatch) but does it feel the same to drive ? Does it feel better than your did when it went back with the higher than average mileage ?

Not quite like for like as the new is a DSG and has full leather seats. Seems smoother but perhaps that may have something to do we me not having to change gears ;-)

Most of the miles (almost 1000) have been motorways, so it's almost having to point it in the right direction and occasionally indicate, when using the DSG and ACC.

Don't think I am going to miss the extra space of the estate and comparing the two I feel it looks smarter as a hatch.

The infotainment is a vast improvement, especially the sat nav and media selection process.

All in all, very happy with my selection.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:06, AngloDeutsch said:

Is the pick up on Friday going ahead?

On 04/03/2018 at 10:33, Andysuew said:

De-badged 280 sleeper. The Subi WRX boys don’t know what’s coming!!!!!!

AF5F130F-AD56-403A-BA61-3664F293F108.jpeg

Hi.. is it hard to de-badge or is it simple enough? Looking at doing the same when i get mine! Thanks

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ACWarwick said:

Is the pick up on Friday going ahead?

I think it’s going to be midweek now. Only got the lease docs this morning. 

Outgoing Superb was inspected yesterday and will be collected on Friday. 

We can survive with one car for a few days 

6 hours ago, Raymundo91 said:

Hi.. is it hard to de-badge or is it simple enough? Looking at doing the same when i get mine! Thanks

Did mine as soon as I got her, simple enough.

A hot air gun on low (or a hairdryer if you don't have one ) and a bit of fishing line or similar and its easy.

Clean up with a bit of IPA and job's a good 'un ;) 

okQikd4.jpg

Edited by Mr Grump

2 hours ago, Mr Grump said:

Did mine as soon as I got her, simple enough.

A hot air gun on low (or a hairdryer if you don't have one ) and a bit of fishing line or similar and its easy.

Clean up with a bit of IPA and job's a good 'un ;) 

okQikd4.jpg

Brill, thanks! I was thinking hairdryer as i don't have a hotair gun. Going to do mine as soon as i get it :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Raymundo91 said:

Same process as Mr Grimp has mentioned. The moment I arrived home from pickup at the dealer, it was de-badged in 15mins.