The Superb III Picture thread

5 hours ago, Andysuew said:

Same process as Mr Grimp has mentioned. The moment I arrived home from pickup at the dealer, it was de-badged in 15mins.

Hi again, can you de-badge the actually Skoda emblem or is that not stuck on like the others?

I´m unsure if the Skoda badge in the middle can be removed. But I´m sure about, that the car looks better with the badge in place IMHO :)

The Škoda winged arrow badge is nice. The other ones are a PITA, though, when you're trying to remove the wax or polish. Of course, there's probably some simple trick that I'm unaware of.

Um, of which I am unaware. And hopefully doesn't require power tools. Even the hair dryer removal trick is a problem for me.

1 hour ago, freelunch said:

The Škoda winged arrow badge is nice. The other ones are a PITA, though, when you're trying to remove the wax or polish. Of course, there's probably some simple trick that I'm unaware of.

Um, of which I am unaware. And hopefully doesn't require power tools. Even the hair dryer removal trick is a problem for me.

I just used dental floss thread and 3M Citrus Based Adhesive Remover :tongueout: No hairdryer or hot air gun.

(Also, when using a hot air gun you need to be very careful. you could easily damage the paint if it gets to hot. A hairdryer is a safer option)

18 hours ago, Raymundo91 said:

Hi again, can you de-badge the actually Skoda emblem or is that not stuck on like the others?

You certainly can but I never did. There is a pressed metal recess the emblem sits in so it would look a little silly without the emblem.

32 minutes ago, Andysuew said:

You certainly can but I never did. There is a pressed metal recess the emblem sits in so it would look a little silly without the emblem.

Ahh i see. Was thinking of getting the Monte Carlo emblems i think it is for the front and back maybe :)

3 minutes ago, freelunch said:

Ha! I'm glad you revealed the last letter of your registration number. I about to run out and see if my car was still there! :blink:

Hahaha I love the colour! Really stands out

Did you lower your superb JR ?

if so, does it have active suspension?

i'm looking to lower my Superb, but would rather keep my active suspension?  I thought maybe just manufacturing some new brackets to locate the height sensor lower, but wondered if there was another way?

50 minutes ago, BigUU said:

Did you lower your superb JR ?

if so, does it have active suspension?

i'm looking to lower my Superb, but would rather keep my active suspension?  I thought maybe just manufacturing some new brackets to locate the height sensor lower, but wondered if there was another way?

sorry - that's not my actual car.  i should've mentioned that.
its a pic i found here on briskoda a while a ago and saved it - i don't remember which post/discussion it was.

as for lowering, i'm looking at doing it myself, at some point, with H&R springs (SKU 28784-1).

they are DCC friendly too.

these ones lower the car by 35mm.
if you have DCC, it lowers it only 10mm.  but it looks good, as per the pics.

HR-Splitter-Mesh-Wheels-Springs-Spacer-Badge-Lights-Mirrors-RamSpeed.jpg.b3dec4efada8760f6f76babde4d6dc32.jpg

hr_sko_15_sup_3_big.jpg.91c1377c0321f35b4fefa8315ed6e4a3.jpg

here is a photoshop attempt of my actual car, when/if lowered......

Lowered.thumb.png.42f5c1e2dbf5b49ff5d86148545ff08c.png

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 2

Energy Blue SE Tech Estate in the wild

2.0 TDI 150 DSG

Different wheels + all season tyres

Heated screen

Heated Seats 

Heated washer nozzles

Wireless charging 

Leather Seats (which I didn’t order)

colour growing on me all the time....

AC0ED7D9-346A-459E-9044-F2C840B37CE7.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, edwards said:

laser white Smugline combi after 240 miles home from dealer.

New car home.JPG

You can really go off some people.  Stop teasing me :biggrin:

I take it you're still well and truly in the honeymoon period?   What are your initial thoughts so far? 

1 minute ago, Raymundo91 said:

Hahaha thanks! Haven't had time to open her up properly yet so looking forward to that :giggle:

Engine up to temp. Check.  Sport mode.  Check.  Accelerator.  Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeck :o:biggrin:

Let us know how you get on

• Haha 1