Power steering readings. Do you seeanything strange?

dm222

Don't know why they didn't just use a second-hand plug with some wire left on it as Wino says. Would have been a much better job.

Here in Portugal at the official dealers they don't accept used parts or parts I bought.

• Like 1

I didn't realise he was in Portugal B)

Probably you realised there is something wrong with my english  :angel:

Ah!, that explains why you often seemed to have higher temperatures in your logs, you're in Portugal.  I somehow had it in my mind that you were in Sweden, and having an unusually hot Autumn. :D

Yes but actully the pump temperature just after starting the car is about 5ºC to 7ºC lower than the real ambient temperature.  :sun:

Actually I don't like hot weather that much, I like around 25ºC :)

I'm waiting for the new connector, I have to find someone to install it.

Edited by dm222

Probably you realised there is something wrong with my english  :angel:

Yes but actully the pump temperature just after starting the car is about 5ºC to 7ºC lower than the real ambient temperature.  :sun:

Actually I don't like hot weather that much, I like around 25ºC :)

I'm waiting for the new connector, I have to find someone to install it.

Which airport that EasyJet fly to is closest to you?

Meanwhile I'm thinking about replacing the oil to VW original, already bought a pump to remove the oil, as long as I only remove the oil in the reservoir and put the new one inside before the engine is turned on there is no risk of unbleed the system.

Also anyone knows this site, seems to have nice prices...

https://en.partacus.de/spareparts/detail/2c82f453961e030e0eab9609cb8dbc9a/

It has steering sensors for 49€!!!

https://en.partacus.de/spareparts/detail/9b6b66533408c4a2dfc12cb46fb26c07/

Edited by dm222

Made a mistake today, taken off the battery terminals and used sand paper on them in the part that connects to the battery.... What should I do now?

I don't see the problem. Have you taken so much off that the clamps won't fit anymore?

I don't see the problem. Have you taken so much off that the clamps won't fit anymore?

No, it fits well, someone told me that I shouldn't do that because there is a layer that protects against corrosion and I've taken that layer out

I've never heard of that. It will be fine. Pop some grease on them.

Do I have to take it out again? Or it's fine to put in the top?

Will buy some anti corrosion spray.

Edited by dm222

I don't know why but the steering is much lighter after cleaning the terminals, it still gets harder after a while though, so maybe a coincidence because it's raining a lot and it's cold this days.

I applied this stuff:

3in1-WLG-RGB-0610.jpg

What do you think? I applied with the clamps tighten as I readed somewhere that's the way to do it because this is only to seal thing so humidity and air doesnt get inside.

Maybe I need new clamps, steering is a lot lighter since i did this, pretty sure the cause in there somewhere.

The positive one seems to be a bit loose I had to screw it a lot more than the negative.

Have you removed and cleaned the battery negative lead and connection where it attaches to the strut tower? It's quite a common issue.

144545344151341.gif

That looks good, no or little corrosion on that location, and seems to be well tight, but I believe messing around the positive terminal of the battery affects steering hardness, wich explains why everytime I go to the garage the steering comes back lighter but progressbly gets heavier. It also explains why all this nightmare started (first pump burned) less than 2 months after the original battery was replaced (VARTA 60Ah), wich I replaced again under waranty because at the time i thought it was the battery, it wasn't. Also explains why steering is lighter when cold (alternator probably is generating more energy, but when it stops producing so much energy the battery can't draw enough power to the pump)

I believe I need a new positive clamp.

I wish it was easier, It comes with all the wiring to the alternator, starter, AC etc attached to it :S

For now I just changed the screw from the positive to the negative because the positive one was a little worn out. It had a point where it was impossible to screw it, it just rotated with no effect.

Edited by dm222