Remap

keithys

Just had some work done on my little furby after the missus decided to kill the turbo..

So this week I have spent a small fortune.. I've had a new Garret pd130 turbo, luk clutch kit and DMF, drive shaft and a new radiator.

Anyway to cut a long story short the car was revo mapped back in 2005/2006 I think.. so I'm wondering with the map being on so long and with a new turbo plus in the last few months I've had a turbo back miltek fitted is it worth getting the car mapped again?

Regards Keith

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I was thinking mapping technology has perhaps been advanced a little since 2005. :)

He can get a different remap from a different supplier sure, but it'll be the same software since it's the same ECU, what's changed in ten years? The car's got older is all.

I think it's a waste of money since the Revo remap was obviously good enough to have allowed the original clutch and turbo to have lasted this long and the new Milltek makes absolutely NFD whatsoever.

He can get a different remap from a different supplier sure, but it'll be the same software since it's the same ECU, what's changed in ten years? The car's got older is all.

I think it's a waste of money since the Revo remap was obviously good enough to have allowed the original clutch and turbo to have lasted this long and the new Milltek makes absolutely NFD whatsoever.

I was thinking more the people DOING the mapping might have advanced a little bit now ;)

and perhaps the software which tweaks the maps might also be more user-friendly / intuitive (from someone who knows nothing about mapping :D)

exhaust does make a difference as you have effectively removed a restricted CAT and wider Bore system, so in essence less back pressure

i' removed my back box recently and found i got a 3-4psi spike as it came on boost, compared to it fitted, refitted it and the log was back to nice and smooth again

Log group 11. If boost is controlled then leave it.

As already said the Ecu hasn't changed neither the method on how to make more power. Yes different mappers use different methods but same outcome.

sure, but you saying that all maps are the same? and that there's no scope for tweaking/improvement?

Thanks guys for all the responses. I will have a think on it. The car still seems quick , well quick enough for me anyway and she still pulls nicely throughout the Rev range. Just thought seeing as it had new turbo clutch and a straight pipe from the turbo it may be in need of a fresh map to bring it all together if that makes sense.

you seem keen to spend some £££, lets hope the result is better than where you are today - no reason to think it will be.

I like wasting money lol no in all seriousness it was cheaper to do the bits I have done than buy a new motor. Plus this is the longest I've ever had a car for and I couldn't bare to part with it. So till it completely dies it will stay with me.

changes can always be made but if it's boosting fine then is it worth it if he was happy before hand? Peak power won't changes but drivability/smoothness probably will.

Faboka do you do remaps?