Do Citigo Doors Collect Water

bradfordfabia

Not yet. I understand you can get wet when you open the doors as the rain flows off the roof. Not a leak as such.

I still can't fathom this, of course you will get wet when opening the doors, its called rain :D

Seriously though, I have yet to open my door and have water from the roof trickle down atop my head

Isn't it the conventional wind-down windows on Fabias/Rapids that allows rainwater into the door cavity in the first-place?  I think that the pop-out rear windows on Citigo don't let water into the door cavity.

There's always the front doors to worry about, though! (I've had no problems with back or front in two years, btw).

Rapids haven't got wind down rear windows. It's the seal under the door which restricts drainage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rapids that I have seen have rear windows that move up and down (manual or electric)....rather than the "pop-out" rear windows of the Citigo.

I didn't mention water LEAVING the door cavity because of poorly designed door seals at the bottom...I mentioned water getting INTO the door cavity in the first place. The "pop-out" windows on the rear doors of the Citigo mean that no water can enter the door cavity....so water inside shouldn't be a problem at all.

Surely all doors with up/down windows let in water at the top? All my previous cars have had small slots in the seams at the bottom of the doors to allow this water to drain. I have not checked to see if the Citigo has these - I'll look if I can get down that far!

Surely all doors with up/down windows let in water at the top? All my previous cars have had small slots in the seams at the bottom of the doors to allow this water to drain. I have not checked to see if the Citigo has these - I'll look if I can get down that far!

Yes, all "conventionally- windowed" doors DO allow water inside....but the vast majority don't have poorly-designed/executed innards (just look at the Fabia Mk 1...Skoda sold a special kit to fix the innards problem) or poorly-designed/positioned seals (as, apparently, the Rapid has).

And, yes, the Citigo DOES have rear-door drain-holes...just in case water should get in somehow. My point was...the pop-out windows don't have the conventional gaps which allow water to enter...so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

I'm all done on this subject...hope that bradfordfabia (the OP) is reassured!