Superb MKIII owners register

32 minutes ago, david495 said:

I work in a dealer  where they sell this stuff.   I wouldn't pay for it.  I think its around £400  or so.  Its  just a posh polish  and put on by the cleaners and takes  them about an hour. No more.   You can do the same yourself by spending £25  on  autoglym  at Halfords and a couple of hours work. 

Thanks David I'm not actually paying for it the dealer is doing it FOC so I might just leave them at it.

CTRob its FOC because the commission and freebies they get is so high on this product they show in the invoice you have had it and cover it off from their car profit.

Having a couple small issues with mine, hence going back to supplying garage next week after less than a week of ownership.

Passenger front door has dropped / shut lines out.

Alloy damaged on delivery drive up also.

IMG_20170325_131533_01_01.jpg

• Like 1

TSI 220 L&k estate - Cappuccino, beige leather. ACC, DCC, Canton, Smart light assist, travel assist, crew protection assist, rear-view camera, rear & rear-side blinds, sunroof, heated washer nozzles, DSG paddle wheel, ventilated front seats, passenger seat adjust from rear, ski sack, variable floor, smartgate

Love it :)

Edited by niceasmay

4 minutes ago, CTRob said:

So I picked her up on Saturday - Superb Sportline 280

Spec:

Black magic pearlescent

19" Vega alloys
Sunroof
Progressive steering
Canton sound system
Sat navigation
Rear side airbags
Smart light assist
Traffic sign recognition
Electric tailgate
Factory Alarm
Front assist with ACC

Only 3 days of ownership but to say that I am in love is an understatement... what a car :)

20170325_125008.jpg

20170325_125025.jpg

20170325_125048.jpg

20170326_100528.jpg

20170327_190834.jpg

YES!!! That's a stunner.  Well done, great choice of colour and spec.  Wish you many happy miles and smiles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

YES!!! That's a stunner.  Well done, great choice of colour and spec.  Wish you many happy miles and smiles. 

Thanks it is a serious upgrade from my 04 530d.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CTRob said:

Thanks it is a serious upgrade from my 04 530d.

Which is still a pretty competent allrounder.  High praise for the Sportline indeed.  (I'm still looking at your pics! :blush)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CTRob said:

Excuse the crappy phone pics they were taken about 1 hour after collection! I will get some better pics up this weekend when she is freshly washed :)
20170325_125025.jpg

Re: crappy phone pics: I thought you were working sophisticated filters, then it occurred to me that the lens was just covered in finger prints! 

Re: freshly washed: that's one beautiful car. Your first black one? Good luck! You'll be spending many hours keeping it clean. My last car was black – beautiful when clean, which lasted about two hours! Never again.

Having said that, the black grill looks a lot better on your car than it does on my red one. Nice.

9 hours ago, CTRob said:

Spec:

Black magic pearlescent

19" Vega alloys
Sunroof
Progressive steering
Canton sound system
Sat navigation
Rear side airbags
Smart light assist

Traffic sign recognition

Lane assist

Blindspot detection

Electric tailgate
Factory Alarm
Front assist with ACC

Only 3 days of ownership but to say that I am in love is an understatement... what a car :)

Excuse the crappy phone pics they were taken about 1 hour after collection! I will get some better pics up this weekend when she is freshly washed :)

Very nice, how is the 280 power and drive wise compared to the 530? Really looking forward to getting rid of my rattly, tractor sounding diesel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freelunch said:

Re: freshly washed: that's one beautiful car. Your first black one? Good luck! You'll be spending many hours keeping it clean. My last car was black – beautiful when clean, which lasted about two hours! Never again.

My last car was black so I knew what I was getting myself into.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mloc said:

Very nice, how is the 280 power and drive wise compared to the 530? Really looking forward to getting rid of my rattly, tractor sounding diesel.

I haven't pushed her over 4k nor will I for the first 1000km but it does have bags of low down power which to be fair so did my mapped 530d (265bhp and about 600nm torque) but the gearbox is so much faster and smoother so initial impressions are very good. One thing I noticed immediately was the car absolutely sticks to the road even at speed but I guess that is down to the increased traction from the 4x4 setup. It is absolutely chalk and cheese to compare my 14 year old e60 with the Superb. Everything and I mean everything is better... it just feels tighter, more refined and controlled but I guess so would a brand new 5 series so I am not sure it is fair to compare :)

Edited by CTRob

Mine arrives on Saturday.

Superb SE Technology 150 TDI 6sp manual

Pacific blue

Leather & alacantara

Bi-xenon headlights

Heated front seats

18" modus wheels

Taking delivery Saturday AM and I'm hoping that the lease company passed on my request for the dealer to not prep it.

• Like 1

On 28.03.2017 at 10:22, CTRob said:

Spec:

Black magic pearlescent

19" Vega alloys
Sunroof
Progressive steering
Canton sound system
Sat navigation
Rear side airbags
Smart light assist

Traffic sign recognition

Lane assist

Blindspot detection

Electric tailgate
Factory Alarm
Front assist with ACC

20170325_125008.jpg

20170325_125025.jpg

20170325_125048.jpg

20170326_100528.jpg

20170327_190834.jpg

Well done Rob, looks fantastic. Best of luck :) what satnav system u got there?  i ordered amundsen 8",  just looking for some opinions on that. Im jealous now, will join 280 club in few days :D

On 29/03/2017 at 16:50, deanhempshall said:

Mine arrives on Saturday.

Superb SE Technology 150 TDI 6sp manual

Pacific blue

Leather & alacantara

Bi-xenon headlights

Heated front seats

18" modus wheels

Taking delivery Saturday AM and I'm hoping that the lease company passed on my request for the dealer to not prep it.

Well here she is....Fresh with 17mi.

IMG_20170401_111929.jpg

• Like 3