Superb MKIII owners register

29 minutes ago, Fantantonio said:

Looks the business. I specced both DCC and Canton so would be interested in how you find both!

It’s only been a few days so still getting acquainted but I don’t think you will be disappointed.  The DCC is perhaps more subtle than expected but the stock tyres have some part in this I think.  The Canton is great but does need some tweaking, source audio has a big impact, DAB sounds amazing but music through iPhone Music App via CarPlay not as good for example, just need to spend a bit more time on it to get most out of it. 

1 minute ago, Chas51 said:

It’s only been a few days so still getting acquainted but I don’t think you will be disappointed.  The DCC is perhaps more subtle than expected but the stock tyres have some part in this I think.  The Canton is great but does need some tweaking, source audio has a big impact, DAB sounds amazing but music through iPhone Music App via CarPlay not as good for example, just need to spend a bit more time on it to get most out of it. 

I concur :-) I don't think i'd be happy without them - so well worth speccing.

13 minutes ago, Chas51 said:

Good point...I was thinking that an SD card would probably be best way to get good quality music playback, unless there's an easier option?

3 minutes ago, Fantantonio said:

Good point...I was thinking that an SD card would probably be best way to get good quality music playback, unless there's an easier option?

That seems to be the consensus from other posts I have seen, with FLAC encoding.  I might do this for some choice CDs but inevitably most playback for me will be via a streaming service of some kind.

• 1 month later...

2017 Superb III Laurin and Klement 190 TDI 4x4 DSG6 (I've seen SCR mentioned, what is that?)

I understand that its an ex Škoda Reps car so it has some optional extras: heated/ventilated/massaging seats, SLA, virtual pedal, sunroof, rear camera, spare wheel (not sure what's standard on the L+K).

Love the car but it has some annoying omissions namely Traffic Sign Recognition, no blinds in the back and no sim card for WiFi (all minor)

20181125_151235-01.jpeg

Edited by JollySimon
Forgot some extras
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

SCR means the car uses adblue to keep the emissions down (not a problem in over 50K miles in mine)

TSR can be coded with VCDS on the L&K :thumbup:

Cheers bud. Yep, definitely AdBlue which I have no issue having if it helps with particulate matter and emissions. 

I was aware TSR could be coded so I downloaded the OBD11 app before forking out for the unit and it wasn't listed - any recommendations on how to approach it and will it impact a warranty claim if I fiddle with stuff? 

Thanks

I have never used OBD11... just be careful there are loads of horror stories with coding getting messed up (and NOT being easily reversed) so tread with caution! 

Yes if you screw the coding up on a controller it wouldn’t be covered under the warranty.

If coded correctly then it will be the same as when it left with factory TSR so no issues with the warranty (but you couldn’t claim for a warranty issue with TSR obviously as the car wasn’t ‘built’ (or in reality... coded) with it.

Edited by Gizmo

4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I have never used OBD11... just be careful there are loads of horror stories with coding getting messed up (and NOT being easily reversed) so tread with caution! 

Yes if you screw the coding up on a controller it wouldn’t be covered under the warranty.

If coded correctly then it will be the same as when it left with factory TSR so no issues with the warranty (but you couldn’t claim for a warranty issue with TSR obviously as the car wasn’t ‘built’ (or in reality... coded) with it.

Thanks Gizmo. First on the list are some LED door and boot lights from Superskoda, then some whiter fog lights (LED maybe), then some LED rear indicators and reverse lamp and last is the nice to have TSR. Lol

Thanks for all the assistance! 

1 minute ago, tariq257 said:

Hi 

Nice car. For what its worth Gizmo coded my TSR. He did a great job. It's working superb. He is a very fine fello too, knows what he is doing. Rather than chance it yourself I d drive over to him . 

:blush

Thanks for the kind words, and although I have coded a car from Scotland before and many others from around the country, Inverness is rather a long way from Kent! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

:blush

Thanks for the kind words, and although I have coded a car from Scotland before and many others from around the country, Inverness is rather a long way from Kent! 

Blimey I didn't realise jollysimon was in Inverness. Makes my drive from Burnley seen like just down the road. 

Have a Merry Xmas Mr Gizmo.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, tariq257 said:

Blimey I didn't realise jollysimon was in Inverness. Makes my drive from Burnley seen like just down the road. 

Have a Merry Xmas Mr Gizmo.

Next time Gizmo is in Inverness then for sure! :tongueout:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely colour and the 280 is just the 'right' engine. I had an IS300h for a day as a test drive and I loved it. Problem is its just too small for a family with kids. Quiet, good economy, I don't mind the e-cvt at all. Luxurious interior although the mouse/track pad thing is a bit hard to use. 

A pensioner in a sleeper estate, boy racers are in for a surprise. 

• Like 1

On 10/01/2019 at 17:25, SiBo777 said:

SiBo777 - 2016 SE L executive 2.0 TDI 190 in Business Grey

Hi all already done the hellos thread but thought I’d say hello with a picture to go with above spec...looking forward to seeing what’s out here to help understand the Superb. Thanks Si

293D210E-FF30-4F82-92EB-DB71246ACC70.jpeg

0142325F-B268-4178-AC2F-B541D9B95554.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SiBo777 said:

Hi all already done the hellos thread but thought I’d say hello with a picture to go with above spec...looking forward to seeing what’s out here to help understand the Superb. Thanks Si

Lovely! Love the colour and spec. I'm definitely not biased.... :inlove:

2 hours ago, boydeee said:

Lovely! Love the colour and spec. I'm definitely not biased.... :inlove:

On the basis that there isn't enough conflict right now.

Sing along...

"We've got a better grey than you .

"We've got a better grey than you.

"It's quartz and it's metallic, utterly fantastic, 

"Quartz Grey is better grey than you"

:D

On a serious note,  congratulations.  Great choice. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1