Superb MKIII owners register

I've been driving a Mk 2 Octavia vRS 2.0 Tsi for the last six years.  Before that was the 2.5 V6 diesel Mk1 Superb (which I loved until the suspension got too rattly).  Although I love my vRS, my wife complains that her back aches on long journeys, so it has to go (not far though - my petrol head son is getting it).  Last week I ordered a Laurin & Klement 2.0 Tsi 220 hatchback with only 6,000 miles on it in business grey.  Not entirely sure of every extra it will have as it's coming internally from within Skoda, but am definitely looking forward to it.  I would have bought a lower trim spec but the L&K trim is the only one with electric-adjustable passenger seat, so she insisted <g>.

I've also separately ordered the Racechip XLR throttle tuner as I found the DSG throttle delay annoying when I did test drives in both a 220 and a 280. I nearly bought a 280 but this would have taken the new car list price (not what I'm paying) over the April 2017 £40K threshold and cost me an additional £310/year in road tax.  I'd have loved the extra power and the 4x4 but couldn't justify the extra initial outlay + ongoing road tax hike. To maximise the available power, I'll fit a Pipercross panel filter and only use super-unleaded petrol (at the risk of inviting negative comment, I got smoother/more power and better mpg in the vRS like that). I'll consider a remap when the warranty expires.

• Like 1

No longer driving the Skoda Superb Estate. Replaced today by a SE Tech Hatch 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG in black, with heated front seats, windscreen, washers, rear LED lights, rear view parking camera, integrated tow bar, rear wiper and multi function steering wheel with paddles.

• Like 1

Picked up my 18 four days ago, L&K 280 hatch Business grey 19” Trinity anthracite / Black upholstery /  Smart light assist /  Lane assist / Travel assist / Media command / Tow bar prep / DSG paddles and spare wheel. New Tax rules mean I had to stop there!

Just running her in and loving it, even so it’s effortless and she just wants to go.

C4D0054D-D190-4607-872A-C752365607B7.jpeg

• Like 2

No longer driving my 65 model swapped it for an 18 plate with oodles of extras.  I must have been having an off day traded in my Feb 2016 for a Mar 2018 model however I did remove that bl****  aweful auto parking gimmick for the read view camera, all I have to do now is figure out what all the pretty lines are for.

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:39, ACWarwick said:

No longer driving the Skoda Superb Estate. Replaced today by a SE Tech Hatch 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG in black, with heated front seats, windscreen, washers, rear LED lights, rear view parking camera, integrated tow bar, rear wiper and multi function steering wheel with paddles.

Nice spec mate. I'll look out for you round town.:biggrin:

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Nice spec mate. I'll look out for you round town.:biggrin:

Thanks Jeff

Normally only around early and late a few days a week. Occasionally I have a local day, so you may be lucky ;-0

Other days like last Wednesday can be a bit more hectic. Home to Montgomery, Aberystwyth, Kinighton and then back home. About 350 miles and just over 9 hours driving.

I would love to add to the spec but hey would all be extra cost to me. The Superb is already the best company car I have ever had and already converted one other member of the sales team to have one.

The standard used to be a Ford Focus estate but this has now been changed to the Superb.

Skoda Superb-107.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 Octy Elegance’s and a Volvo V40 RDesign, I finally got the car I really wanted... the Superb SEL Executive, DSG 2.0TDI. It’s the 150ps, but I’ve ordered a DTUK CRD3 Tri tuning box to increase power to an advertised 200ps. 

Had for 2 months now and absolutely loving the comfort & ride. 

Happy Superb driver.

0DE1A5F5-D6BB-493D-8DCF-34BEF38AE88B.jpeg

E67E34A3-01A3-41E3-9668-2185E8683732.jpeg

• Like 3

Had my sportline 280 combi for nearly 3 weeks now. Still running in  so being relatively gentle, but already addicted to grip-and-go :)

Just for @penguin17,  I know it isn't MG, but I still like it...

New car home.JPG

Smugline.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad you’re enjoying it @edwards. That post-it is genius. You can’t have thought of that all on your own? 

Seriously though, the car looks the dogs. IMO white shouldn’t look that good on a big estate but with the Sportline trim it just works. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last week switched an XC60 for a Nov 17 Superb III estate 150 tdi 4x4 manual, Black with black interior, panoramic sunroof, towbar, Phoenix (ant) 19” alloys and spare wheel. 

Amazed how much more space in the SIII and how much difference the DCC makes. 

Happy to report the safe arrival of my new 2.0TDI 150 DSG SE Tech hatch in Quartz Grey.  (Standard specification except for wiper and spare wheel) which replaces my Superb3 2.0D DSG SE Business estate.  

Although the trim etc the same, quite a few technology enhancements - Amundsen is lots better - touch screen actually works well.

Hasn't realised the 150D now has Ad blue and 7spd instead of 6.  Engine noticeably quieter.

Build quality seems better although squeaky seat/centre console bit annoying

Bought on Personal Contract Hire direct from Lightcliffe Warrington (a much better experience than previous from Lookers Stockport)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mafu  - 2017 Sportline Estate. 150 DSG. Business Grey.

Picked it up from the dealer and went on holiday next morning - can't wait to get home and have a play with new toy!

• 2 weeks later...

Found a 2017 Superb Estate L&K 220 DSG:

• 19" Trinity anthracite wheels
  • DCC
  • Smart Light Assist, Lane Assist & Blind Spot Recognition
  • Heated windscreen & nozzles
  • Heated seats front & rear
  • Full-size spare

(some of these may be standard; not sure as I was originally looking at an SE-L)

5k miles, £23k. Really, really pleased with it!

skoda.thumb.JPG.0ddc7cfcb1fdbc244fffa609880f9eca.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a new Sportline 220TSI Estate and so far very pleased with it.

Pros:
* I really like the angular styling

* A bigger boot than the Mondeo (though not as practical)

* The led background lighting (actually I hate it, but the kids love it)

* The seats are comfortable (I really didn't like the standard seats in the LK / SEL)

Cons:

* It will take a while to get used to the lifeless steering
* The handling is okay, but not great

* The lack of a flat load area

* Skoda Connect is very flaky. But guess I'll mostly use Android Auto

* The interior is a bit too glossy for my tastes

My last few cars have been Mondeos (last one a chipped 2.5T) but the MK5 has moved away from its' roots and is no longer a drivers car (it also now has lifeless steering and poor handling). So I decided it was time for a change, and find something else which had similar amounts of space and performance but still was great value. No idea why anyone buys a Passat or an A6.

My old Superb has been swapped out with:

2018 1.4 TSI DSG Style Business Edition Combi (SEL Estate?). Business Grey, black leather, KESSY, Canton, tri-zone clima, electric boot, electric front seats, ambient light, LED pack plus, Blind Spot, Lane Assist, ACC, HBA, Manouver Assist, Park Assist, Amundsen, DSG paddles, electric child lock control, 220V socket rear, 3 additional USB´s, Carstick, Sunset glass, Traffic Sign Assist, adjustment of passenger seat from rear, heated nozzles.

IMG_0596.jpg

Edited by GaSelle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there everyone after a few days of reading owners reviews etc I decided to join the forum.

I am new to owning a Skoda after previously owning a silver 2015 Passat GT tdi 190 after some consideration and thanks to owners reviews on here I now own a white 2016 Skoda superb SE-L 220. I was in two minds about whether to get a superb now or in about two years when the facelift comes but ultimately reading owners reviews I decided I wanted one now. I wanted a l&K model but they were quite alot more expensive and I do plan to upgrade to a facelift l&k when that comes out so I went for this 2016 model as it was not to expensive and only had it a few days so can't give a overall opinion on it yet but certainly prefer it to my Passat. I do miss the keyless start from the Passat though but oh well.

20180618_170508.png

20180618_170851.png

Edited by RCW89
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, RCW89 said:

Hello there everyone after a few days of reading owners reviews etc I decided to join the forum.

I am new to owning a Skoda after previously owning a silver 2015 Passat GT tdi 190 after some consideration and thanks to owners reviews on here I now own a white 2016 Skoda superb SE-L 220. I was in two minds about whether to get a superb now or in about two years when the facelift comes but ultimately reading owners reviews I decided I wanted one now. I wanted a l&K model but they were quite alot more expensive and I do plan to upgrade to a facelift l&k when that comes out so I went for this 2016 model as it was not to expensive and only had it a few days so can't give a overall opinion on it yet but certainly prefer it to my Passat. I do miss the keyless start from the Passat though but oh well.

Welcome to the Forum - I'm sure the car will grow on you a lot over the next few weeks . I bought my very first Skoda last August , also a 220ps SE-L .  Loved it so much I sold it after only 6 months ..... but only for another one , a 280ps Sportline :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Welcome to the Forum - I'm sure the car will grow on you a lot over the next few weeks . I bought my very first Skoda last August , also a 220ps SE-L .  Loved it so much I sold it after only 6 months ..... but only for another one , a 280ps Sportline :biggrin:

Thank you very much. I loved my Passat and admittedly I was never really looking at the superb until I saw one parked outside my home last year it was a 16reg business grey SE-L and I was just looking at it and I just thought it looked better than the passat and so I started reading reviews about it and ended up coming to this great forum and here I am now a member of the forum and a owner of a superb and I already prefer it to the passat tbh. Haven't really tested it out properly as I have been working everyday since I've had it but when I get a chance I am going to go out and test it properly. I am looking forward to getting a l&k 270 (heard the new engine loses 10bhp) in say 2 years. Surely they should have with LED headlights and the digital dash by then lol. While I like the exterior design of the sportline bar the faux exhaust trim 280 aside and the flat bottom steering wheel, I don't like the alloy wheel design tbh I prefer the ones available on the SE-L & L&K and I also don't like alcantara seating. It started looking terrible on my Passat GT, so glad I have full leather now.

Edited by RCW89