Superb MKIII owners register

14 hours ago, tariq257 said:

hi a weird query....can the lights over the back seats be switched off? 

Yes, from the front you can control them with the overhead switches located beside the glasses storage bin.  The front ones (even left and right separately)  can obviously be operated this way as well.

I think I know what you mean - a few weeks ago I couldnt get the rear seat lights to turnm off - tried all the inside switches, opened and firmly closed all the doors and then gave up as I had to be somewhere.

when I locked the car they turned off and havent played up since!

• 2 weeks later...

Due to be picked up today after too long a wait (i'm very impatient)

Superb sportline hatch 280ps 4x4 in Laser white with

traffic sign recognition

Spare wheel

Sunroof

Heated washers

Heated front seats

Heated front screen

wireless phone charging 

front parking sensors

Canton sound system.

5 yr extended warranty

to add

lane assist

high beam assist

i'll probably plastidip the rear badges as they would look nicer in black, and might remove the 4x4 badge for a bit lower key.

I could not justify to myself about the DCC, Park assist (I'd never use it, I only wanted the side sensors), or any of the other options.  The more I see green cars or cars in that VW mustard yellow I feel I should have gone for Dragon Green after all, but at £820 it's a lot and I'm happy with white as it offsets the black trim nicely.

37917197412_59b42db444_z.jpg

37917196472_274d67e8cc_z.jpg

Edited by roo
  • Like 4

I'm sorry to go bit off topic, but I got to say that I'd never get another car without DCC. To me its the best thing on this car ^^. If possible I'd even go for air suspension. 

I was torn between the sportline or l&k too, but I went for the sportline as I preferred the seats and the slightly different look.

With the dcc I would like to have tried it out before deciding, but the only one the dealer had with dcc was an unregistered l&k and they rightly did not want to add miles to it.

Also, while of the spec of a l&k is nice, I'm not bothered about most of the differences as I've done ok without them so far.

Maybe when It comes to change this car I'll think differently, or go for a more logical engine than the 280ps, but while I'm still in my 30s I'm going to not make any sense at all.

Edited by roo

6 hours ago, roo said:

I was torn between the sportline or l&k too, but I went for the sportline as I preferred the seats and the slightly different look.

Your car looks good. I've got an L&K, but I test drove a Sportline and yeah, the Sportline seats are better.  Good move on going for the spare tyre and I am glad I'm not the only one who went for a sunroof!  Not quite panoramic as stated but it's alright!  You've got the fun version of the Superb so have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just signed up to the forums but I've been lurking for about 3 months. After reading almost every post I decided the Superb was my next new car.

I've come from a Mazda 3 which I also had from new (3 years) great car but cheap inside and some issues which took a while to resolve by the dealer. I finally grew to love it 6 months before I got rid.

Anyway, got an amazing lease deal on a SEL Executive 150 DSG (I feel smug after reading what some of you are paying sorry) which I've owned for 3 weeks. Lightening has struck twice though unfortunately and after 1400 miles it's had a catastrophic gearbox failure so it had to be transported to Warrington from Cornwall on the back of a lorry! :( I've been without it for a week so far.

Skoda Assistance was great though, taxi back to the cottage, 40 minutes away, then delivered a replacement car the next day. So I'm currently driving a Golf GTI, madness.

I'm loving 80% of the car but so far, faulty hatchback, creaking dashboard and now the gearbox haven't been the best start to my Superb ownership.

Only a 24 month lease, I hope I don't end up counting down!

It's a standard car, MY18, Quartz grey with spare wheel.

Matt

Just had confirmation that my Superb Sportline Combi (150PS Manual) in Quartz Grey, is in transit from the factory to the Dealer in Lincoln :D

Hoping to pick it up in the next couple of weeks.....

Will get pics up once I've collected it :D

L&k 190 tdi 4x4 business grey.           Electric front seats ventilated             travel assist plus,  smart light assist  variable boot floor,  htd washer nozzles,  partition net rear/side windows,  3 spoke leather multi steering wheel,  premium wlan plus, temp spare wheel, black leather interior,  rear view camera gtechniq exterior and interior     front and rear mudflaps infotainment screen protector/ish   don't think I have left anything out.

Edited by laurencemchenry
Looked bad

On 20/11/2017 at 21:15, RoadCycleNut said:

Collected today - Black Magic Hatch DSG7 150, park assist, travel assist, lane assist & electric boot... oh and adblue which I wasn’t expecting :blink:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting AdBlue on my 150, until i picked it up yesterday and was told that the factory has now started fitting it on all TDi's!

• 3 weeks later...

Took delivery of my second Superb III today, replacing a quartz grey SE Business manual with a brilliant silver SE Technology DSG7.  Very pleased so far, DSG seems smooth and responsive, revised touch screen a huge improvement.  Great service from All Electric in Kings Heath, Birmingham and BCA meant new car was delivered and old one taken away in about ten minutes.  Night time phone camera photo is so awful I shalln't post it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today. Hatch SE L Executive ( or Style in my country). 1.4 TSI DSG. 

Extras: line assist, blind spot det. Dynamic light assistant, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel+Paddles, webasto, rear wiev camera, front and rear sensors, Led package, color trip computer, virtual pedal, park assist, Canton sound system.

Colour quarz grey.

Drove 500kms from dealer to home. Took smaller roads to drive in motor. Had to admit, I really like this car and it is joy to drive, even in frosty weather and in snow and ice.

6D5FF027-5955-4C7F-96C0-87C358F9B405.jpeg

Edited by Alex70
  • Like 1

Hi all,

A proud owner of a 2015 65 Plate Superb Estate SE Business Diesel  2.0l TDi 150

Spotted previous Owner VW Finance. So hopefully it was looked after by the company car driver.

Upgrade from an Octavia Estate 2015 15 Plate, Written off, Such a short life Aged 2 and half.

1 Month old with me and after 3,000 miles, love it! Just returned from a 2000 round trip in Europe. Used ACC almost the whole way. 

Picked up the car on Saturday from Thomson & Potter Skoda in Perth

First impressions are really good, very comfortable, quiet and refined.  The ACC is simply brilliant and the xenon headlights are outstanding.  The automatic main beam control is really good too, so much more responsive than the one on my previous car (Vauxhall).  I like the onboard wifi, google maps etc but have found an issue trying to play music through bluetooth from my phone as it goes silent after a few seconds and wont play which is bugging me!  However this appears to be an issue with my phone (Oneplus 5) as opposed to an issue with the car.  

I had a few doubts about the colour we chose (Petrol Blue) after I had ordered it but now that I see it, I am delighted.  The garage I collected it from is a couple of hundred miles away from home, so it had a good first run out but its now filthy!  I was going to clean it later this week and take a couple of pictures but I was leaving work last night and the sunset was fantastic so I thought I should take a couple of snaps!

IMG_20180108_161638.jpg

IMG_20180108_161700.jpg

IMG_20180108_161717.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMacD said:

Picked up the car on Saturday from Thomson & Potter Skoda in Perth

First impressions are really good, very comfortable, quiet and refined.  The ACC is simply brilliant and the xenon headlights are outstanding.  The automatic main beam control is really good too, so much more responsive than the one on my previous car (Vauxhall).  I like the onboard wifi, google maps etc but have found an issue trying to play music through bluetooth from my phone as it goes silent after a few seconds and wont play which is bugging me!  However this appears to be an issue with my phone (Oneplus 5) as opposed to an issue with the car.  

I had a few doubts about the colour we chose (Petrol Blue) after I had ordered it but now that I see it, I am delighted.  The garage I collected it from is a couple of hundred miles away from home, so it had a good first run out but its now filthy!  I was going to clean it later this week and take a couple of pictures but I was leaving work last night and the sunset was fantastic so I thought I should take a couple of snaps!

IMG_20180108_161638.jpg

IMG_20180108_161700.jpg

IMG_20180108_161717.jpg

I think you definitely made the right choice there!  A very picturesque backdrop as well!

• Like 2

Yes I'm delighted with it.  I was also having reservations about ordering these alloys, but I'm glad I picked those too :)  I am quite lucky where I work, its a beautiful place and no two days ever look the same!

Really happy to finally be able to contribute to this one...

Just picked up today - 2017 L&K 190 DSG. 280 mile round trip to pick it up, so a decent test drive on the way home! Will post some more pics in the picture thread once I've given it a decent clean... And before anyone asks, no it wasn't park pilot that made such a ****-up of the parking!

Inked20180113_152702_LI.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

And before anyone asks, no it wasn't park pilot that made such a ****-up of the parking!

:D

Glad to see it's not just me.... When I take my wife to the supermarket, if I make a hash of getting it in the middle of the spot, I get back in the car and move it. It drives my wife crazy.

It drives me crazy when I see someone has effectively taken up two spots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, freelunch said:

It drives me crazy when I see someone has effectively taken up two spots.

Me too mate. In my (very limited) defence, I just jumped out for a sec in a quiet motorway services carpark to get a pic before it got dark. I only noticed what a hash I'd made of it when I uploaded the photo. :D

To cover up my embarrassment, here is one slightly more representative of how I park my car (far away from everyone else so inconsiderate ****s don't bash it with their doors). Loving it so far...

Inked20180114_163425_LI.jpg

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

how I park my car (far away from everyone else so inconsiderate ****s don't bash it with their doors

Hahaha!  Me too, mate! 

It drives my wife crazy that I don't park next to the entrance, but that's exactly where the enemy parks! ;)

All the best, Rob

• Like 2