The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

Spoke to then again.

They are going ahead with a prosecution.

An officer came round this morning to take a statement and take a hard copy of the video.

Fingers crossed he just admits it when faced with the video evidence then I don't have to go to court!

Watch this space.

• Like 4

Phil,

Well done on following this through.

Holding this eejut to account for his actions is so important and I'm sure that everyone here seriously respects you for having the resolve to take this on.

I certainly do!

Best wishes, Matt

Interested to see what happens with this. Similar sort of thing happened to me last year:

Van driver waited till the last possible moment to take the option of a driving course instead of going to court. By this point the police had taken two statements (from myself and my g/f who was a passenger) and had got a court date - quite a lot of time & resources for a fairly light punishment for the driver.

To say I'm fuming is an understatement. Local to me is a section of road with a traffic calming give way section due to the narrowness of the road under a bridge. Approaching, I always pull out slightly to see if I can go before either going or pulling back in. This is in a 30MPH zone. I could see a flow of traffic coming, so pulled back in. The guy behind me decided he wouldn't bother pulling back in and overtook me, before going through when it wasn't his right of way. I've muted the video as I've called him a few names. Got behind him up the road and he brake tested me as I flashed/beeped him, probably a good thing he didn't stop as my blood was boiling. What goes through these idiots minds? 

• Like 1

See this kind of behavior all the time at these type of traffic calming measures.

I think they are thinking "I can just squeeze through" without actually realizing/caring that they do in fact impede the flow of traffic coming the other way.

He was obviously in a hurry... but by the sounds of it didn't actually make any progress as you caught him back up anyway.

14 hours ago, ToffeeMRD said:

To say I'm fuming is an understatement. Local to me is a section of road with a traffic calming give way section due to the narrowness of the road under a bridge. Approaching, I always pull out slightly to see if I can go before either going or pulling back in. This is in a 30MPH zone. I could see a flow of traffic coming, so pulled back in. The guy behind me decided he wouldn't bother pulling back in and overtook me, before going through when it wasn't his right of way. I've muted the video as I've called him a few names. Got behind him up the road and he brake tested me as I flashed/beeped him, probably a good thing he didn't stop as my blood was boiling. What goes through these idiots minds? 

Sign is "Give way", not "Stop" and my feeling is that the oncoming van didn't need to brake for him.

Also, if I'd been him and had a rear-mounted camera, I'd have been contemplating giving that footage to the Police with a complaint that you'd road-raged me.

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Sign is "Give way", not "Stop" and my feeling is that the oncoming van didn't need to brake for him.

Also, if I'd been him and had a rear-mounted camera, I'd have been contemplating giving that footage to the Police with a complaint that you'd road-raged me.

The dash cam doesn't give the true closeness of him vs the van, it was a mere metre and the van did slow. Would you go round someone who had clearly judged the oncoming cars, whose right of way it was, too close to go through? 

35 minutes ago, ToffeeMRD said:

The dash cam doesn't give the true closeness of him vs the van, it was a mere metre and the van did slow. Would you go round someone who had clearly judged the oncoming cars, whose right of way it was, too close to go through? 

OK, I wasn't there in this case, but yes I have gone around a car ahead of me in similar circumstances, and met the oncoming vehicle some 200m down the road!

53 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

OK, I wasn't there in this case, but yes I have gone around a car ahead of me in similar circumstances, and met the oncoming vehicle some 200m down the road!

Can't argue that - 200m is a fair distance! Re them having a dash cam, that's a fair point and I know that wasn't the best reaction by any means

Ooh that was a bit cheeky. I wouldn't have been impressed but neither would I have given chase.

TBH if I got really angry at every arsehole that did something stupid on the road I'd have a heart attack tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amazed at the Volvo driver in this video this morning. This is near Trowbridge, at the light controlled West Ashton crossroad. You'll note a black car coming through on their green light turning right from straight ahead of me. The next green is always for the cars coming downhill from West Ashton which is the road on my right - all other lights at this point are red. Watch the idiot in the Volvo jumping the red light, he also took some huge chances overtaking down the hill with oncoming cars. Maybe he was late for sunbathing and cider drinking in Trowbridge park....

• Like 1

On 4/8/2017 at 14:42, ToffeeMRD said:

Amazed at the Volvo driver in this video this morning. This is near Trowbridge, at the light controlled West Ashton crossroad. You'll note a black car coming through on their green light turning right from straight ahead of me. The next green is always for the cars coming downhill from West Ashton which is the road on my right - all other lights at this point are red. Watch the idiot in the Volvo jumping the red light, he also took some huge chances overtaking down the hill with oncoming cars. Maybe he was late for sunbathing and cider drinking in Trowbridge park....

And, equally amazing, a BINI driver showing awareness of other traffic!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following a Corsa going onto a roundabout thinking it's going straight on, but then decides at the last minute to turn right! Good thing there was no-one there!

Driving just outside Durham, we come across two cars both with front end damage. Looks like one was turning right and the other crashed into it head on.

Driving down the A1(M) in County Durham, we come across a Renault Megane in the hard shoulder, with what we at first thought was a right rear puncture, but actually the right rear wheel was missing and ended up in the central reservation! Must've been scary for the driver and passengers.

A VW Passat is confused by the road markings on Thinford roundaboout on the A167/A688 and switches lanes at the last minute.

Going down a 60mph road (at the speed limit), we catch up too quickly to a VW Touareg going very slow (less than 30mph) forcing me to overtake. Don't know whether it was breaking down or the driver was just not on the correct planet!

• Like 1

No dodgy driving on this clip and excuse the lop sided view. It was an old 5 series which was matte black and looked Halfords at best in terms of the paintwork. Look at the lady coming from the left look at the car - her face was a picture when she turned back and I fully appreciated her bewilderment!