Hooray the Sport is going.

• 4 weeks later...

Just on 997 miles now. I love it :)

That 1.6vvt engine is excellent and I'm getting good mpg too with mixed driving plus spirited. Calculated at 46mpg at last fill. It's got a 42 litre fuel tank which is very adequate for this car. I have no complaints at all. No rattles etc from anywhere. The thing I like about this car is that it's a very involved drive. Great go kart handling which you can just throw around everywhere. It's just sheer fun and a very lively engine especially when the vvt kicks in at 4K rpm right round to 7K. It pulls very hard right to the end :)

Some have said its lifeless low down the rpm range but I haven't found that at all. It's very lively! 3rd gear is the best get up and go gear and will sit in 6th at 40 very comfortably. I thoroughly recommend it especially for its comfort with the lovely embroided Sport seats. Give one a test drive and you'll see what I mean. The thing I like is that it's fully specced with everything for £13900. No extras needed at an extra cost like Skoda. The MK2 were a bit tinny but the MK3 (2012 >) are a great built car. It feels very solid.

Hope this is of help to you. Feel free to ask me more :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just on 997 miles now. I love it :)

That 1.6vvt engine is excellent and I'm getting good mpg too with mixed driving plus spirited. Calculated at 46mpg at last fill. It's got a 42 litre fuel tank which is very adequate for this car. I have no complaints at all. No rattles etc from anywhere. The thing I like about this car is that it's a very involved drive. Great go kart handling which you can just throw around everywhere. It's just sheer fun and a very lively engine especially when the vvt kicks in at 4K rpm right round to 7K. It pulls very hard right to the end :)

Some have said its lifeless low down the rpm range but I haven't found that at all. It's very lively! 3rd gear is the best get up and go gear and will sit in 6th at 40 very comfortably. I thoroughly recommend it especially for its comfort with the lovely embroided Sport seats. Give one a test drive and you'll see what I mean. The thing I like is that it's fully specced with everything for £13900. No extras needed at an extra cost like Skoda. The MK2 were a bit tinny but the MK3 (2012 >) are a great built car. It feels very solid.

Hope this is of help to you. Feel free to ask me more :)

Brilliant thanks just the sort of thing I was after.  How about the sat nav is it any good? also I see it has auto headlights what about autowipers?

@Matt

Sat Nav is excellent. Integrates with your phone immediately. It's all touch screen and you can use the controls on the steering wheel too for music,phone etc and cruise control in the other side.

Sadly it hasn't got auto wipers but has auto lights :)

Another thing is the car is totally keyless. It has no ign barrel but just a start/stop button. Still getting used to that.

The MK3 is much better looking to the previous one. The Sport body kit is very nice. There are so many Japanese styling kits available at a big cost which is a shock compared to Skoda pricing. Just priced up a GReddy induction kit for it at a staggering £475. Not much gain but a nice top end noise and a pretty Polished pipe and filter :)

Some dash photos from when I first got it.

bf62af881504ea7335c49a62bde6a38d.jpg

921545a8a4b73f811f8e989cec9a588a.jpg

Hi, a nice little car there. Looks good too and glad your still enjoying it. My Rapid has remained reliable for several months now. I've completely given up convincing Skoda they fitted the wrong suspension and my MPG remains defiantly under 42! But I'm stuck with it for several years so I'm going to have to learn to love it. I'm looking at making it better with K&N filter and I only use super unleaded. Does anyone know if Skoda supply and or fit an after market body kit. Doesn't have to be much, or over the top but spoiler and side skirts would be good?

Glad the Rapid is ok for you for now. I bailed out regardless of its big negative equity. It just had to go. If all was well I'd still have it now. I've seen some body styling for the Rapid on Superskoda and Maxton Design and also Milotek but they don't list much.

I'm yet to see my Swift in the high 30,s mpg. Always between 43 & 46 mpg. Not bad for a twin cam 1.6 vvt. I have worked it hard from 600 miles to get it run in nicely. Nearly 1000 miles and its loosening up now. Much sweeter and quicker getting up the Rev range.

Thanks il have a look at those companies. My Rapids engine has loosed up really well since I've had it and to be honest I think it's far higher than 104 bhp. I've owned numerous cars over the years. My wife drives a new BMW 116d 115 bhp and I'd say the Rapids not far off that. As much as I hate the poor build quality and numerous issues I've had, plus the shocking dealings with Skoda,it is quite good fun to drive and looks good in white with black alloys.

I agree it is fun to drive and a very eager engine. It pulls very hard but runs out of puff too quick at the top end. That engine is capable of much more you can feel it's very restricted :(

I'd say standard as you said it's way over 105 bhp.

The MK3 is much better looking to the previous one. The Sport body kit is very nice. There are so many Japanese styling kits available at a big cost which is a shock compared to Skoda pricing. Just priced up a GReddy induction kit for it at a staggering £475. Not much gain but a nice top end noise and a pretty Polished pipe and filter :)

Some dash photos from when I first got it.

bf62af881504ea7335c49a62bde6a38d.jpg

921545a8a4b73f811f8e989cec9a588a.jpg

Nice dash! the steering wheel looks comfy! shame about the autowipers but o well not that necessary!

Hi, a nice little car there. Looks good too and glad your still enjoying it. My Rapid has remained reliable for several months now. I've completely given up convincing Skoda they fitted the wrong suspension and my MPG remains defiantly under 42! But I'm stuck with it for several years so I'm going to have to learn to love it. I'm looking at making it better with K&N filter and I only use super unleaded. Does anyone know if Skoda supply and or fit an after market body kit. Doesn't have to be much, or over the top but spoiler and side skirts would be good?

Superskoda for subtle (or not so subtle) spoilers, and a nice side skirt.

I already linked all the sideskirt and tail spoiler pages here at post #8:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=423024

You can't make it rev more though, even the REVO remap (144PS) falls off a cliff at 6000rpm.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted my latest problem, air bubbles in factory fitted tinted windows, honestly don't know know what's going to happen next??? How's the Suzuki going, please tell me you haven't had a single problem and your happy. Skoda crapid, never bloody again!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid I've had no problems at all and yes I'm loving it :)

It returns this mpg with plenty of spirited driving.

c8396dc38da78dbd69732de2a4ce98ed.jpg

Only one little annoyance is that you have to agree to the disclaimer every time you turn the head unit on and it can't be disabled. Getting used to it now.

5e369e3509e30d0bbd2effa81c1a0112.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of more problems with your Rapid and I hope you successfully sort it out.

@Nels - sorry to hear you are having more issues

@Stormchaser - that looks like the Garmin disclaimer that you have to accept every time you turn on on of its portable sat navs.

• Like 1

It is Chris. It's a Garmin head unit fitted in the MK3 Swifts. Early ones were Panasonic but with no Nav. It's still an excellent unit though :)

Nice one - good system to have integrated. Aston Martin also uses Garmin for built-in nav, so you are in good company.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

Glad you got sorted in the end.

I had a nightmare with a brand new Fiesta ST earlier this year and ended up PX ing it for a Golf after my local Ford dealer did one mess up too many and destroyed my back window with a Stanley blade then denied it!

Lost around £2k after 9 weeks and 2,500 miles :( happier now too. Glad you like the Swift.

• 1 month later...