Rapid to a yeti

skoda1982

My 110 FWD is generally averaging 55mpg according to the readout so a little lower in reality.

As said, depends on journey obviously. I've seen it at 59 and down near 50. But it's mid-50s most of the time and I'm happy with that.

Over the first 1068 miles of my 150 TDI 4x4 (three part tanks) I averaged 44.2 mpg (true). A mix of A-roads, minor roads and urban driving.

Later this month I'm taking a ~1000 mile mostly motorway trip, that'll give a better idea.

Hi i could be changing from my Rapid to a Yeti if the deal is right. What i would like to know is what MPG from the 2ltr 110 diesel  

The official figures in the brochure are achievable. Critical speed seems to be about 60mph, as going over this the impact on economy is noticeable. On a motorway run at indicated 55/60 you can expect the maxidot to read mid/high 60's mpg [low 60's mpg in reality on a brim to brim filling]. With time the economy seems to get better.

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

As said, depends on how you drive. Our 2015 model year consistently seems to manage low 50s once warm on A/B roads., but a long run will see high 50s. Actually drops to high 40s on dual carriageway/motorways at 70-80 mph because of lack of aerodynamics and a 6th gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi i could be changing from my Rapid to a Yeti if the deal is right. What i would like to know is what MPG from the 2ltr 110 diesel  

Over the three years that I had my 110 2x4 it averaged 47mpg which included quiet a few miles towing a caravan. That is brim to  brim filling and not relying on the Maxidot.

My current 140 4x4 DSG is currently averaging 40mpg.

Fred

If you want a quieter, cheaper life you could choose a 1.2 Tsi DSG, mine has averaged 41.2 MPG over 36,000 based on brim full to brim full basis. Driving is a mix of local and occasional long motorway journeys and I have found that if you keep the speed at about 70'ish then 40 MPG is achievable - as long as you aren't driving into a howling gale of a headwind then expect 35'ish!! It's all about aerodynamics at high speeds.

confusion the dealer info says its a Skoda yeti 2.0 tdi cr se 2.0 turbo 2015

But when you go on an insurance site for quote it says its a 2015 skoda yeti se greenline Ii 110 1968cc Diesel 5d does this mean its the new 2.0 SCR  EU6 engine  as there is no greenline option in the Brochure

That's because its still fairly new and has not been entered onto the insurance database correctly.
It's correct there is no Greenline model but the technology is pretty similar.
You'll have to phone the company when you find a good quote to sort that out, don't leave yourself open to having an invalid policy because of model confusion.

• Like 1

My 1.2 managed 38 mpg over 4 years measured brim to brim

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Were you happy with that? I guess it all depends on the conditions you drive in - rural, urban, peak times etc. - I am retired so avoid congested rush hours which must aid my overall MPG performance. I previously drove diesels but have a concern with increasing complexity, particle emissions etc. It now seems that although diesels make more sense for high mileage drivers for anything up to 12,000 miles per year the financials tend to favour petrol. It will be interesting over the next few years to see the percentage of petrol to diesel cars sold and whether there is a swing back to petrol, particularly for the most popular classes of small/medium vehicles.

Over two and half years and 20,300 miles my 1.2TSI manual has averaged 39.3 miles/gallon. As I'm semi-retired and self-employed I generally manage to avoid travelling in congestion but other than that a mix of  urban, rural and motorway driving generally with one but often three passengers plus I've got a sunroof and spare wheel, so quite a load for a small engine (although I've never found it lacking). I would agree with hmibennett, maxidot is over-optimistic by up to 10% but quite useful as an aide mémoire that the thing on the right under the steering column is the accelerator and not a footrest.   

Were you happy with that? I guess it all depends on the conditions you drive in - rural, urban, peak times etc. - I am retired so avoid congested rush hours which must aid my overall MPG performance. I previously drove diesels but have a concern with increasing complexity, particle emissions etc. It now seems that although diesels make more sense for high mileage drivers for anything up to 12,000 miles per year the financials tend to favour petrol. It will be interesting over the next few years to see the percentage of petrol to diesel cars sold and whether there is a swing back to petrol, particularly for the most popular classes of small/medium vehicles.

I work from home so don't do rush hour driving. It was mainly used for the weekly trip to the airport and the school run when it was to wet or cold to cycle. I wasn't too bothered by it but must admit am Happy with the 47 mpg I'm getting from the octavia 1.4 that replaced it for the same driving profile

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

I work from home so don't do rush hour driving. It was mainly used for the weekly trip to the airport and the school run when it was to wet or cold to cycle. I wasn't too bothered by it but must admit am Happy with the 47 mpg I'm getting from the octavia 1.4 that replaced it for the same driving profile

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

I guess the difference must be down to aerodynamics. I previously had an Octavia and changed that for the Yeti to get a higher driving position and ease of entry for stiffer bones! I have often wondered whether a 1.4 Yeti would actually produce better MPG driven on a like for like basis because it would be less "stretched", on the other hand I have never felt the 1.2 is underpowered for the type of driving I do.