A Very Unscientific Experiment

Obadiah

Thought you might like some observations on the new 1.2TSi engine, which is supposed to be greener.

Just repeated a drive round the M25 in my Yeti with the new engine, that I did in the wifes 'old' one.

'Old' engine cruising at 70mph max managed just about 43mpg

'New' engine managed almost 47mpg

Seems it might just be true!!

It probably has a raft of small changes and I think they now all come with regenerative braking etc.
Don't know how much of that the earlier versions had.

That's a great improvement. There are a few differences in the engine i.e. the new one is a 16 valve cambelt engine with the turbo on the back (I think) the old one is a 8 valve cam chain engine with the turbo on the front

Nevertheless 47MPG at a steady 70MPH is pretty good for a Yeti which is hardly the most aerodynamic vehicle! I assume the 47 was from the Maxidot readout so probably about 43 real MPG. Might be interesting to keep a fill-to-fill comparison between the 2 Yeti's for a few thousand miles to get a more accurate comparison.

Thought you might like some observations on the new 1.2TSi engine, which is supposed to be greener.

Just repeated a drive round the M25 in my Yeti with the new engine, that I did in the wifes 'old' one.

'Old' engine cruising at 70mph max managed just about 43mpg

'New' engine managed almost 47mpg

Seems it might just be true!!

Don't believe it - no one has ever cruised round Motorway 25 at 70mph!

• Like 1

I once was driven along the part of the southern section of the M25, at around 7 at night at over 100mph..................................

Blue lights are very effective!!

• Like 1