The great VW diesel scandal. Will it affect resale values?

I'll drop the internal combustion engine option when they can give me an electric vehicle which has a similar range to a diesel or economic petrol engined car, so you're looking at a 350-600 mile range. Otherwise I'm not interested.

I'll drop the internal combustion engine option when they can give me an electric vehicle which has a similar range to a diesel or economic petrol engined car, so you're looking at a 350-600 mile range. Otherwise I'm not interested.

The problem with that is that there's a vanishingly small number of people who need to, or indeed have ever driven that far in a single day in their driving career. While there will always be some who want to travel that far in a day (I do, I go to the French Alps every year and it's 900 miles in a single day), the market will adjust accordingly and you'll be considered a niche buyer and the product will be priced accordingly.

"If I was a VW customer who’d invested my hard earned cash in a car that was sold to me and marketed as being environmentally friendly, I’d be very angry knowing that the information I based my buying decision on might have been falsified. And I’d probably be looking for recompense."

I'm sorry to ask but what information is that? Co2 levels? Fuel consumption?

I do around 18k miles a year, but rarely do more than 100 miles per day. I would go electric now, but, I need a car with the capacity of the Octavia Estate and it doesn't yet exist.

• 1 month later...

That is the later issue though on Euro 6 CO2 Irregularities.

This release today gets the Share prices higher for VW.

But December 10th 2015

and VW should release the Interim Report from their Enquiries into the Emissions & Defeat DEvice Scnadal 

with Euro 5 Diesel engines.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-35051469

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

That is the later issue though on Euro 6 CO2 Irregularities.

This release today gets the Share prices higher for VW.

But December 10th 2015

and VW should release the Interim Report from their Enquiries into the Emissions & Defeat DEvice Scnadal 

with Euro 5 Diesel engines.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-35051469

I'm confused.....The link I shared above was for the EU189 NOX issue (unless I'm mistaken its the EU5 issue)

Re- CO2--> It appears no Skoda's are affected by the CO2 issue.

https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/detailpage/-/detail/CO2-issue-largely-concluded/view/2966215/6e1e015af7bda8f2a4b42b43d2dcc9b5?p_p_auth=eF44sKfs

Current list 

https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/documents/10541/2965363/20151209_List_of_critical_CO2_vehicles_model_year_2016.pdf

Edited by GAFF

Yes very confusing.

But the Emissions Scandal in the US with Defeat Device / NoX started in September, 

and then the Rest of World & 11 Million Euro 5 TDI.

The Co2 Irregularities issue for Euro 6 Testing only was revealed by VW last month. (November 2015)

Different issues, different announcements.

Result as VW like it, 

confusion.

The 'Fix' has not started in the EU on Euro 5 Affected TDI's.  The one from the Scandal that became public in September 2015.

EDIT,

i see it now, the bottom part in the Link.

Once you get past the Co2 bit.

Courtesy cars or what ever provided, costs covered by VW hopefully from what they say there.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot