Remapping a petrol vRS?

Help please, I've looked through this forum but I can't find any definitive / up to date advice regarding remapping the current Octy 3 vRS.

It did seem to be impossible at first, but the cars have been in production for 2+ years now & maybe the tuning companies have found away to

do the job.

I'm not looking for a big power increase, just enough to make life interesting.

As always, any help / advice is very welcome.

TIA, DC.

Hi, depends what advice you are looking for? There are options out there from guys like Revo, shark and Apr. Or, alternatively you can go down the tuning box route and use guys such as dtuk.

Steve

There's a group buy on Revo for next month: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/371356-revo-remap-group-buy/

Gains are pretty good on the VRS 3:  Octavia MKIII VRS petrol £599 + vat = Max offer cost £575.04 inc vat - Min cost £467.22 inc vat approx gains 100bhp

There is no real definitive answer. Every company has their fanboys (or girls).

Following offer remaps on the MK3

Remaps:

Superchips

Shark

Revo

APR

Celtictuning

Tuning Box:

DTUK

Best thing to do is read a few reviews and make your own choice.

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all for any kind of vehicle modification then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help out.

Regards,

Dan.

"Insurance" seems to be the one topic that isn't mentioned much in all the tuning threads...

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all for any kind of vehicle modification then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help out.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks.

My (out of warranty) EOS has been re-mapped& my insurers decided that it was an "Engine Management Chip" change & charged my a modest increase in my annual premium, 

so I if we do buy another vRS, I'll have a word with them before buying the car.

I insured mine with Adrian Flux.

I declared every mod (exhaust, remap, grille etc) and my quote came back virtually in line with if my car was unmodified with the normal lot (via confused.com etc).

Admiral where a close second place.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

There's a group buy on Revo for next month: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/371356-revo-remap-group-buy/

Gains are pretty good on the VRS 3:  Octavia MKIII VRS petrol £599 + vat = Max offer cost £575.04 inc vat - Min cost £467.22 inc vat approx gains 100bhp

It's just dawned on me what a phenomenal increase that is  :o

They're not slow in standard guise, so it'd be very interesting to see what another 100bhp feels like.  Is it the same DSG box as in the more powerful models or does the box need mapping/upgrading too I wonder?

Gaz

The torque raises to around 450nm with the Revo map too but shouldn't need Shouldn't need anything doing to the box to handle it although i don't know if they are the same as those in more powerful models.

Although new maps are available for some DSG models, that's mostly all about getting more for the box itself such as faster changing, holding gears longer, launch control etc.

I do know Revo (as with some other companies) don't just increase the power because they can. All cars are tested extensively - e.g. I know they did 40k miles in the Audi S5 - over longer periods of time.

quote from there web site: 

Stage 1 software details for your SKODA, Octavia MK3, 2.0 TSI (220ps)

With an impressive 217bhp as standard (or 227bhp with optional extra performance package) matched with a fantastic chassis, this isn’t a slow car but even our initial feasibility studies showed huge room for improvement. Our R&D involved months of extensive beta testing on cars all over the globe; in Russia, South Africa, Germany, Asia, the USA and the UK ensuring our testing covered an array of atmospheric variations.

Our Stage 1 software upgrade is flashed through the ODB-II port leaving the factory ECU intact and providing peak gains well in excess of 300BHP. Whilst the peak gains are impressive, this doesn’t tell the full story; our software has been refined to give you increased torque and power throughout the rev range without compromising on driveability, smoothness or power delivery. What does this mean in the real world? Well, our own development vehicles see the 0-100mph sprint in 11.2 seconds (on road tyres with regular pump fuel). To put that into perspective the older generation of 2.0TSI in the MK2 chassis needed a turbo upgrade and Stage3 software to get to that level of performance. Your hot hatch has just become a supercar slayer with factory like smoothness and driveability.

• Like 1

On top of that, just remembered.

Skoda UK broke the land speed record for 2.0 engine a few years ago at Bonneville, 227mph with the Vrs in partnership with Revo. article attached below.

Couldn't tell you if it was a DSG or not (600bhp!) but it shows how closely they work with Skoda/VAG 

http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/pages/227mph-%C5%A1koda-octavia-vrs-breaks-land-speed-record-at-bonneville.aspx

Maybe that's an optimistic statement lol ;) 

That said 11.2 sec 0-100 is pretty damn fast! And I love it when some of them (usually BM drivers) floor it and when they look over, your still there your trusty skoda laughin at them

Maybe not cutting edge anymore but some older stuff getting there in similar times:

DB9 V12 - 2003> 10.7 secs

SLK55 AMG - 2004> 11 secs

Cayman S 3.4 2009> 11.1 secs

Bentley continental 6.0 W12 - 2003 - 11.2 secs

Jaguar XK 5.0 V8 2009 - 11.2 secs

Lotus Carlton - 11.5 secs

Loads more of my old idol cars falling around those times too!

Maybe that's an optimistic statement lol ;)

That said 11.2 sec 0-100 is pretty damn fast! And I love it when some of them (usually BM drivers) floor it and when they look over, your still there your trusty skoda laughin at them

Maybe not cutting edge anymore but some older stuff getting there in similar times:

DB9 V12 - 2003> 10.7 secs

SLK55 AMG - 2004> 11 secs

Cayman S 3.4 2009> 11.1 secs

Bentley continental 6.0 W12 - 2003 - 11.2 secs

Jaguar XK 5.0 V8 2009 - 11.2 secs

Lotus Carlton - 11.5 secs

Loads more of my old idol cars falling around those times too!

And I don't believe it for a minute that would equate to a 1/4 mile time of mid 11's and I just don't buy that for a fwd car with low 300's hp that's way faster than a golf r for example

And I don't believe it for a minute that would equate to a 1/4 mile time of mid 11's and I just don't buy that for a fwd car with low 300's hp that's way faster than a golf r for example

Where did the 0-100mph change to an 11 and a bit second 1/4 mile?  What have I missed now!  :think:

Gaz

Re post #14,  it was Supercharged.

(say Supercharged quick and nobody will notice.)

I did say 600bhp. pretty certain they've done a few upgrades/mods to get to that point  :notme:

My point was though, Revo where working with Skoda UK and will have done extensive testing from standard equipment all the way to the spec that did the trial.

That was listed as a 0-100 time not the 1/4 mile, but they're not my figures, just quoted from their site.

As for the R, apart from the 4WD (a big advantage obviously), the octavia would have a higher bhp and lower weight so better power to weight ratio, plus an extra 70mn torque.

Never fear though, for the R guys, they can also chip it and add their own 70bhp and get their 0-60 times down to 3.7 seconds.

Theres some massive gains in these next gen VAG engines!

We know all about REVO and claims sometimes made. They can make cars go fast.

When they show the Film of the Timed Runs then that is fair enough, or just the timing Print Out.

When they say Regular Pump Fuel you know it was not written in the UK.

If in the UK,

They could say Unleaded 95 Ron, or Super Unleaded 97 Ron, or 99 ron.

Because in Italy you get Shell 102 Ron from a Pump at Filling Stations near Cities and Ferrari and others test Tracks.

& In Mainland Europe 100-102 Ron Fuel is not Uncommon, at Filling Stations from Pumps.

well spotted! i'd not read it that way. I saw "regular fuel pump" instead thinking for higher gains the fuel pump had to be changed for a higher flow one like on the A3