Winter wheels advice

marge

Hi folks. I currently have an '08 plate Octavia Scout which has the standard 17" alloys. In my shed I have a full set of Goodyear winter tyres, which are 205/55/16. Can anyone tell me what VW group 16" wheels(other than those from other Octavia IIs) I would need to buy to fit the winter tyres to?

Regards

Marge

Hi folks. I currently have an '08 plate Octavia Scout which has the standard 17" alloys. In my shed I have a full set of Goodyear winter tyres, which are 205/55/16. Can anyone tell me what VW group 16" wheels(other than those from other Octavia IIs) I would need to buy to fit the winter tyres to?

Regards

Marge

Anything with a 5x112 PCD and 57.1mm centrebore - so anything off a Golf/Jetta/Passat/Superb, etc or an Audi A3 or the earlier A4.  Later A4s have a 66.6mm centrebore & you need some hubcentric rings to make them fit nice (they are cheap to buy off ebay).

width will be anywhere from 6" to 7.5".  Offset will vary and you can run almost anything in 6"-6.5" ET35-60.  7.5" will be ET40-55.

I got a set of steel wheels off a VW T5 Transporter and they fit perfectly.

Mk2 Octavia are 5x112

VW t5 transporters are 5x120 pcd (same as BMW/ Range Rover). Your steel wheels will be from a VW Caddy not a transporter

Most other VAG are 5x112 (except Q7 and Toureg which are 5x130 because they are built on the Porsche Cayennne chassis and the smaller cars polo/ fabia/ ibiza/ UP!/ citigo/ A1 etc which are 5x100)

You need wheels from a mk2 octavia, mk5/ mk6 golf, Touran, A3 2005>, A4/A6, Passat, 2k caddy van etc

Edited by mattvrestate

Mk2 Octavia are 5x112

VW t5 transporters are 5x120 pcd (same as BMW/ Range Rover). Your steel wheels will be from a VW Caddy not a transporter

Most other VAG are 5x112 (except Q7 and Toureg which are 5x130 because they are built on the Porsche Cayennne chassis and the smaller cars polo/ fabia/ ibiza/ UP!/ citigo/ A1 etc which are 5x100)

You need wheels from a mk2 octavia, mk5/ mk6 golf, Touran, A3 2005>, A4/A6, Passat, 2k caddy van etc

I thought they were from a T something. What about from a T4, would they be correct? It was some time ago and memory failing me.

Thanks for all the replies. Am pondering over some steelies, but wonder if it might look rubbish with them. At least I know what to look for now.

Regards

Marge

I actally liked the look of my car with the steelies and no trims, especially when the car was dirty.

Thanks for all the replies. Am pondering over some steelies, but wonder if it might look rubbish with them. At least I know what to look for now.

Regards

Marge

Simply find one Skoda with steels on the street and take a look. These steels rims are more or less the same and you will understand how your car would look. Actually it's a different thing but it doesn't look bad at all :)