L&K now in my possession

This is great! Thanks for the intel.

How is the refinement? Is the road noise kept out of the cabin well? And also, with Canton, how do you find the noise cancellation?

I'd be interested to know about noise intrusion and overall refinement as well. I wonder is there anyone on here in a position to compare the actual refinement and overall driving experience of the new Superb versus the new Passat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"System does remind you to switch off ignition with button if you have forgotten (after engine has stopped) once you open the door... i did this a couple of times....reminded me of first time getting use to lights left on warning".

Just a quick question about what I've emboldened/underlined in your comment...

Do you mean "after the car has stopped", or are you referring to when the engine has stopped through the Start/Stop system?

Currently, in my Mk3 Fabia, if the engine has been shut off via the Start/Stop system, once I put the handbrake on and open the driver's door, the ignition switches off and I'm good to just leave and lock up. This is a feature I love as I never need to press the 'Push Button' ignition when leaving the car - it simply disengages the engine and switches off the ignition and the radio etc for me.

Is this the same with the Superb or do you HAVE TO press the ignition off when opening the driver's door to leave the vehicle, even if the Start/Stop system has disengaged the engine?

Edited by Dilz

Just a quick question about what I've emboldened/underlined in your comment...

Do you mean "after the car has stopped", or are you referring to when the engine has stopped through the Start/Stop system?

Currently, in my Mk3 Fabia, if the engine has been shut off via the Start/Stop system, once I put the handbrake on and open the driver's door, the ignition switches off and I'm good to just leave and lock up. This is a feature I love as I never need to press the 'Push Button' ignition when leaving the car - it simply disengages the engine and switches off the ignition and the radio etc for me.

Is this the same with the Superb or do you HAVE TO press the ignition off when opening the driver's door to leave the vehicle, even if the Start/Stop system has disengaged the engine?

To be honest I don't know because I've always pressed the button when it reminded me. I'll have to try it and see

InfiniteDreamer, do the front parking sensors activate automatically as seen in Passat and other executive cars? In SII, you can activate front ones only by pressing the PDC switch. 

This is great! Thanks for the intel.

How is the refinement? Is the road noise kept out of the cabin well? And also, with Canton, how do you find the noise cancellation?

Coming from a mk2 octy it's a definite step up all round and certainly engine noise is less noticeable even under hard acceleration. Having never driven an s2 I can't offer a comparison that way.

Road noise doesn't seem too bad for 18" wheels but not had it on motorway yet for a real test

• Like 1

InfiniteDreamer, do the front parking sensors activate automatically as seen in Passat and other executive cars? In SII, you can activate front ones only by pressing the PDC switch.

Pretty sure when I've approached anything be it car/wall/garage it has come on automatically

Seen it at IAA Frankfurt a few weeks ago, loved it, to bad they optionise them weirdly for uk :(theres a sport line for the superb but not for uk, hope until next year they will put the l&k with extra full on the market here too. Congrats! Booked a test drive for next week

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't know because I've always pressed the button when it reminded me. I'll have to try it and see

I think that the sign you are looking at is the reminder to double lock the Kessy locking as you leave the car.  The first time you touch the "lock tab" on the door handle it locks the car and puts away the mirrors etc. then you touch the "lock tab" again and that engages the safety lock, in effect double locking the car.  I think that Diltz is right, you drive into the parking space, disengage the gears and open the door - engine turns itself off.  You exit the car and safety lock it, IAW the instruction on the instrument panel, that's the way it works on my Octy 111.  I hope you enjoy the car and I'm very jealous, I've still got a month to go before I get mine!

I feel like I am asking you question after question, so apologies in advance @InfiniteDreamer, but some of us over in the Heated Windscreen topic are anxious about the Heated Windscreen technology used in the Superb Mk3 and how it may clobber mobile phone reception.

Can you please let us know if you've had any difficulties with your phone when making/receiving calls in your car?

Edited by Dilz

I feel like I am asking you question after question, so apologies in advance @InfiniteDreamer, but some of us over in the Heated Windscreen topic are anxious about the Heated Windscreen technology used in the Superb Mk3 and how it may clobber mobile phone reception.

Can you please let us know if you've had any difficulties with your phone when making/receiving calls in your car?

Had seen that and am gonna check it out this weekend

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a manual L&K hatch 150, the gearbox is slicker than a Superb 2 140PD I had (company car) and the clutch much lighter, it was a concern coming from my 1.8tsi DSG.

The lane assist is great, it kicks in at about 40mph and will even work on single carriageway taking you around a bend! not advised but something I wanted to test.

Not a fan of the piano black trim as it shows all the finger prints, the interior boot lights and door lights are not LED, the rest are including the brake light in the rear window.

The lane assist is great, it kicks in at about 40mph and will even work on single carriageway taking you around a bend! not advised but something I wanted to test.

Interesting!

Not a fan of the piano black trim as it shows all the finger prints.

That’s one thing I am not keen on in our L&K Yeti, so I dare say I will not like it in my superb either.

the interior boot lights and door lights are not LED, the rest are including the brake light in the rear window.

Thats quite poor the boot lights not being LED (but easy and cheap to overcome with a pair of LED bulbs)

Which door lights? the red ones or are there some under the door as well?

Giz. In the boot door their are 2 standard bulb lights. Don't forget the Torch though that is also led. The red lights in the bottom of the front doors are also standard bulbs.

Not sure if it would be worth fitting led though due to the type of cover ? Would you be able to tell ?

One thing I have just noticed is that the rear doors don't have lights they are reflectors. I'm pretty sure my Scout had lights at the bottom of the rear doors ?

• Like 1

I still have a few 4xLED bulbs ideal for the boot lights so they will be changes as soon as the car arrives,

I also have a few red 4xLED bulbs that I might put in the doors, but TBH they are not really that noticeable so I may just leave them??

• Like 1

Giz. In the boot door their are 2 standard bulb lights. Don't forget the Torch though that is also led. The red lights in the bottom of the front doors are also standard bulbs.

Not sure if it would be worth fitting led though due to the type of cover ? Would you be able to tell ?

One thing I have just noticed is that the rear doors don't have lights they are reflectors. I'm pretty sure my Scout had lights at the bottom of the rear doors ?

I'd be keen on changing the red warning lights to LED just need to find what kind of bulb.

And regarding the rear passenger doors... We don't get lights in the SEL Execs Nick, that's an L&K feature.

• Like 1

I'd be keen on changing the red warning lights to LED just need to find what kind of bulb.

Pretty much most of the VAG range use W5W bulbs now... BUT there are still a few festoon bulbs around so you need to check!

• Like 1