MY16 MIB2 coding

flybynite

I do not know exactly, but I think it is HEX-CAN USB. No problem until now, but I just tried the following adaptions:

Lap Timer - not worked

Tear Drop wipe front windscreen - not worked

DRL off when Handbrake is engaged - Ok

Delay for trunk lock when unlocked from hey - Ok

SOC in dashboard showing ---% - tried to make it show a value by introducing battery type, manufacturer, serial no... - but still not showing a percentage value

Needles staging - Ok

Is it possible that anything else can be affected, like ECU, or other modules?

PS: never try soft-reset from VCDS, and even I did not reset nothing from Bolero MIB2.

Lap timer - only works if your instrument cluster supports it

Tear drop front wipe - doesn't work as stated in the sticky thread

SoC - depends on spec level of car, its a waste of time anyway

As far as anyone is aware it is only if you change anything on 5F MIB2 units that you will have problems, as the many warnings I have posted in the O3 and VCDS forums state.

I've answered in the other thread about the CH/LH - pull an adaptation map from 09 and post up the full relevant channelsWhat's the best way to post a full map of 09 without taking up pages?

Don't know if this is best here, in another thread, or in the Octy III where it started! 

What is the best way to post a map the size of 09 without taking up pages? post it as a jpeg?

I have found 19 references to coming home lights that I can see in 09 but there are references in other places not just in the "leuchte" channels (this is from the "before" map, ran out of time and battery to get an "after" map

(1)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus       automatic

(2)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung            active

(3)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Cominghome              10 s

(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten                         Low beam

(5)-Comfort illumination-Coming-home Einschaltereignis              Driver door

(7)-Comfort illumination-Leaving-Home Verbausstatus     Enabled

(8)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Leaving-home Freischaltung per BAP    active

(9)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Leaving-home Zeit per BAP     10 s

(12)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion E 20          Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(12)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion E 21           Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23          Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24         Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(5)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lichtfunktion B 25          Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2             Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3  Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion C 4                Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5 Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6              Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

(8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7              Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

I'm thinking (4) may be worth a look?

Lap timer - only works if your instrument cluster supports it

Tear drop front wipe - doesn't work as stated in the sticky thread

SoC - depends on spec level of car, its a waste of time anyway

As far as anyone is aware it is only if you change anything on 5F MIB2 units that you will have problems, as the many warnings I have posted in the O3 and VCDS forums state.

Well on my cable it's writen VAG157 Dual-K & CAN <-> USB.

How do I know what belongs to MIB2?

What is the purpose of the Soft Reset function in the VCDS? I did not use it for my codings here up.

MIB2 is the latest generation of the 5F Infotainment units, from MY16 onwards. Amundsen & Bolero no longer have optical (CD) drives.

The soft reset function performs a reboot of a controller. As you make your last change in a controller tick this box and it will reboot it. Quite a lot of chnages do not take effect until the controller reboots or shuts down, which happens if you leave the car overnight for example.

Not sure what a VAG157 cable is - is it a genuine Ross-Tech cable?

I know what is MIB2. But how it si refered in VCDS and what belongs to it in VCDS? :)

I did not know I should do this soft-reset. Thanks.

The cable is not new. It just have this label on it Dual-K & CAN <-> USB.

15.7.0 is the version.

Were can I read more about how to use it correctly? (do you have a link - I am new in this field of car software)

It sounds suspiciously like a non-genuine cable and a pirated piece of software - Ross-Tech do not put version numbers on their genuine cables. If I google VAG157 cable all I see are Chinese fake cables with pirated software.

Unfortunately you will not get any help on here with pirated software and chinese clone cables.

Reading the posts from here, I think you're right with this. And I think it will be nice to have one that works with 15.7.3. This puts me on hold with using it on my car and if it worth to buy another one. Thanks!

LE: if it was inappropriate, my posts can be deleted (I agree).

Edited by myself24483

It sounds suspiciously like a non-genuine cable and a pirated piece of software - Ross-Tech do not put version numbers on their genuine cables. If I google VAG157 cable all I see are Chinese fake cables with pirated software.

Unfortunately you will not get any help on here with pirated software and chinese clone cables.

Jup, chinese have finally cracked 15.7.0 version and there is full of them on the market.

Or, maybe their interface don't have this bug :) Anyway, strange thing.

If I have looked correctly you haven't done any changes of add. channels on 5F, so you should not have a problem with that.

But in the name of science you can try and give us feedback. :devil: Of course, everything on your own responsibility...

Edited by mtl

Well I think I am getting somewhere, I have been able to get back most of what I see as missing with the really helpful postings of maps so far on the VCDS forum.

Mirrors and wipers menu using

(166)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror

(168)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror_over_threshold_high

(27)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-mirror_0x0E

Convenience Consumers menu using

(181)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE

(183)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE_over_threshold_high

(67)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-BCmE_0x23

DriveGreen menu with

(186)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_user_eco_rating

(188)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_user_eco_rating_over_threshold_high

ESC system menu with

(191)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Brake_Function

(193)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Brake_Function_over_threshold_high

(73)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-Brake_0x26

Proactive occupant protection (Precrash) with

(141)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_reversible_belt_pre_load

(143)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_reversible_belt_pre_load_over_threshold_high

(I am not sure how common this last one is as it was an option I specc'd which I am glad to have back)

As an aside, tried to stop the xenons comming on as CH/LH lights, it took the adaptions, all with a soft reset but does not seem to have had any effect. Anyone done this successfully on a MY16?

Just to confirm. The mappings you mentioned above should just be set to "on" or "active" to fix?(for the ones that matter to me)

You just need to check that the adaptation channels are set to the correct CANBUS - drivetrain, Infotainment etc.

For example from a MIB1

(59)-Vehicle function list BAP-Reversible_Seat_Belt_Tightener_0x1F activated
(60)-Vehicle function list BAP-Reversible_Seat_Belt_Tightener_0x1F_msg_bus Databus drivetrain
(67)-Vehicle function list BAP-BCmE_0x23 activated 
(68)-Vehicle function list BAP-BCmE_0x23_msg_bus Databus Infotainment 
(69)-Vehicle function list BAP-Brake_0x26 activated 
(70)-Vehicle function list BAP-Brake_0x26_msg_bus Suspension data bus 
(67)-Vehicle function list BAP; extension-BCmE_0x23 activated 
(68)-Vehicle function list BAP; extension-BCmE_0x23_msg_bus Databus Infotainment 

• Like 2

Looks like it's all working now? Can some people confirm if 5F is safe again using the new version?

Everything I have tried to do so far seems to have happened without issue using 15.7.3.

Controller maps taken seem to be consistent so far. Adaptions I have made seem to have had the desired effect with no other undesired changes I can see.

If that changes then I will let people know but I seem to have been able to put most things back to how they were using 15.7.3.

Tread carefully, as ever, and run a log with adaption maps before and after. This time (hopefully) that will help protect you from most issues

• Like 2

Well I think I am getting somewhere, I have been able to get back most of what I see as missing with the really helpful postings of maps so far on the VCDS forum.

Mirrors and wipers menu using

(166)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror
(168)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror_over_threshold_high
(27)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-mirror_0x0E

Convenience Consumers menu using
(181)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE 
(183)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE_over_threshold_high
(67)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-BCmE_0x23

DriveGreen menu with
(186)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_user_eco_rating
(188)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_user_eco_rating_over_threshold_high

ESC system menu with
(191)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Brake_Function
(193)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Brake_Function_over_threshold_high

Proactive occupant protection (Precrash) with
(141)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_reversible_belt_pre_load
(143)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_reversible_belt_pre_load_over_threshold_high

(I am not sure how common this last one is as it was an option I specc'd which I am glad to have back)

As an aside, tried to stop the xenons comming on as CH/LH lights, it took the adaptions, all with a soft reset but does not seem to have had any effect. Anyone done this successfully on a MY16?

Just to confirm when i get a chance to make changes the above just need to be changed back to "activated" state to fix MIB2 issues?