Uniroyal rainsport 3

Alfie987

I run these all round, I would recommend them but make sure you pay a bit more for the XL (extra load) ones as they do have soft sidewalls. 

They are a very grippy tyre but don't expect the wear rate to be fantastic as they are quite a soft compound. Depending in how you drive I'd expect to see 7-10k out of a front pair, maybe a touch more if you don't drive it too hard.

In terms of grip these things are on another level compared to the set of Kumhos I had on previously. Grip in the dry is fantastic, you'll struggle to get the traction control to kick in even off the line in 1st/2nd gear. In the wet they are also very good, you can usually use full power in 2nd gear without too much fuss and I'm running a mild stage 1 map. They also feel a lot safer in the wet compared to the Kumhos which felt a bit skittish in comparison even just driving relatively normally. 

Edited by mattbvRS
  • Like 1

Good tyre lates 22k ish mainly motorway miles but 3 laps of the ring ruined them and the handling was not great with them the side walls are too soft even with 35pso in them. Im on hankooks now amd prefer them.

Good Summer tyres at a good price. Very good in the wet. However for me they only lasted the Summer! 8 months approx 8k miles later, I had to replace them.  Give me back Rainsport 2s, just as good in wet and lasted far longer.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307068-asymmetric-2s-or-rainsport-3s/page-2#entry4012420

I have them as my summer wheels. I've bought them in may and after 10.000km are looking pretty good. I haven't showed them mercy cornering, accelerating or braking and my car doesn't have abs nor traction control. I think they will last at least another 2 seasons and then swap rears with the fronts. Check the air pressure and wheel alignment. Those are good tires, awsome priced with cool performance. However, they don't perform well under 7 celsius degrees,so you might want to get the winter tires fitted during the cold season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...