Combi boot sill protector

Hi all

Looking for suggestions for a boot sill protector on my VRS estate. 

I've not yet had the dogs in the back but want something to protect it from our razor clawed lab.

Cheers

Karl

The link above to the Rearguards site shows a white combi.

Mine is carbon black which I think looks good (but my combi is Race Blue).

Not cheap but are a good fit. It covers the sill lip which some other makes do not.

Make sure you get the correct Rearguard for your car. My Scout which was new came with one fitted. It was for the ordinary estate not the Scout which has larger bumpers. As consequence boot didn't always close and it wasn't fitted centrally.

Had it removed and had correct Scout Rearguard fitted.

I have a Rearguard for a Mk lll Octavia estate if anyone is interested?

Karl.  I've got 2 labs at opposite ends of the spectrum.  One's so wired whereas the other's chameleon-like pace means he needs a gentle poke to remind him the boot is open for a reason.  Inevitably with 2 there's some competition for getting out and with just one body in the way the natural exit points are at the corners where the sill protector runs out.

I found a heavy duty flap-over cover which secures magnetically to a base you can fix in the boot, but which I wedged with the rubber boot liner.  Not perfect but it catches those "back leg push-offs" that can slide down the rear valance.  Try Westfalia's website.

Additionally I have retained a full (double)length mat from my old A4 Avant which has the flap built in.

Just be careful of winter grit.  Extending my leg normally makes them jump out a bit further, so less chance of skidding the protector on the valance.

Skoda did/does a protector for the Octavia II and othe models, but its best avoided as it's plastic, has a mind of it's own where the hinge bends are designed in and will crack (sharply) after a short while.  I replaced my first and the new one sprung out just as I was closing the boot the first time only to be split by the catch mechanism.  Never again.

Edited by Jeeves

RGM rear guards.................I went for brushed alu look to match the silver roof rails on my Tungsten silver Golf Estate...............

The plain black one will match mudflaps & will not show the claw marks...........

• 2 months later...

Andyvee, that car is ridiculously shiny. I am now going to have to clean and polish mine, also white with the black Rearguard (BTW, DAB still working perfectly)