Amundsen MIB1 Map Updates are now available!

Thanks for the info on new update. Slightly off topic , can I ask , is the update purely map data or does it include updates to the functionality of the system? I ask because if only map data I might avoid the download.

Does anyone if Skoda provide info on what the update contains...it would be nice to know.

Sorry, this is for MIB2 units...

Direct link to MIB1 Amundsen maps ECE 2016/2017:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD1_P38_EU_2016_2017.zip

Thanks for the info on new update. Slightly off topic , can I ask , is the update purely map data or does it include updates to the functionality of the system? I ask because if only map data I might avoid the download.

Does anyone if Skoda provide info on what the update contains...it would be nice to know.

Same as usual - navigation data. So that's maps and speed limits.

I can see why you might not bother to download it if you don't have a fast internet connection. But have a word with your dealer. Mine decided to include the latest map update when they did the last service.

Which was really nice seeing as I had, of course, installed it myself when it came out!

I was given an incorrect SD card with my car and wasn't happy, the garage recommended deleting the existing world without Europe files and updating it using the skoda website, skeptical I tried it and lo and behold I now have a working sat nav using the world SD card lol. Happy me because I'd been arguing with the garage to try and get a new card when they recommended the update.

Same as usual - navigation data. So that's maps and speed limits.

I can see why you might not bother to download it if you don't have a fast internet connection. But have a word with your dealer. Mine decided to include the latest map update when they did the last service.

Which was really nice seeing as I had, of course, installed it myself when it came out!

I wish the Columbus ones would show up soon. I am perilously near the end of my 3 years of free updates.

I'd have though the date of release wont affect your ability to install it.

You are entitled to 6 updates (in 3 years). They specify both so that you dont e.g. update the maps every year which would give you 6 years of updates.

So you can install 6 incremental updates from what your car was maufactured with but not the 7th.

You should (in theory) be able to install the 6th update at any time (even 5years after you bought the car).

Its only map data, there are no software/firmware updates for the unit or other functions.

On my Columbus you can also separately download a small Bluetooth update for phone compatbaility but I'm not sure if the same is possible for Amundsen.

• 1 month later...

Thinking about biting the bullet and updating my ECE 2016 maps with the ECE 2016/2017 version, but still very wary.

Earlier in the thread someone asked for a real 'noddy' step by step guide - perhaps someone with a bit of time could post one as a new thread in the technical guide page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about biting the bullet and updating my ECE 2016 maps with the ECE 2016/2017 version, but still very wary.

Earlier in the thread someone asked for a real 'noddy' step by step guide - perhaps someone with a bit of time could post one as a new thread in the technical guide page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick update - having bitten the bullet today and done this successfully, I've posted a 'noddy' how to do it in the Yeti technical guides. I'm sure the process is exactly the same for an Octavia III with the latest Amundsen.

• Like 1

I followed your instructions and ive just placed the sd card back into the car and started it up.

No update screen showed and when I pressed the update button it came up with a message saying no update found/required (something along those lines), however when I now check the version it has changed from ece 2016 to ece 2016/2017 so I'm assuming it's all sorted? The nav screen showed correctly also.

Is this update literally covering new roads etc or is there anything else that I will notice?

I followed your instructions and ive just placed the sd card back into the car and started it up.

No update screen showed and when I pressed the update button it came up with a message saying no update found/required (something along those lines), however when I now check the version it has changed from ece 2016 to ece 2016/2017 so I'm assuming it's all sorted? The nav screen showed correctly also.

Is this update literally covering new roads etc or is there anything else that I will notice?

The update is just the map data and points of interest. So you simply put the card back in and away you go. The update menu you looked at is for the software itself, and is done by the dealer. Like me, you have moved forward one update. The next one will be in November I think. If you want the software updating (e.g. to cope with a new phone upgrade) that's a dealer job.

The update is just the map data and points of interest. So you simply put the card back in and away you go. The update menu you looked at is for the software itself, and is done by the dealer. Like me, you have moved forward one update. The next one will be in November I think. If you want the software updating (e.g. to cope with a new phone upgrade) that's a dealer job.

Spot on, makes perfect sense. Thank you

Not necessarily :nerd: 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/378192-amunsen-mib1-firmware/page-3 

Have to laugh at Skoda

Have to laugh at the Skoda link when I put in my VIN it says software updates available from dealer by DVD - my car doesn't even have a DVD player!

• 4 months later...

Have just taken delivery of my new SEL (Dec 2016) with Amundsen and was keen to try out the Sat-Nav as I previously used screen mounted Tom-Toms. Put in my short drive to my local golf club - approx 2 miles - it came up with 3 routes all the same!

1) despite enabling POI's for golf clubs, my club - circa 103 yrs - it did not show it but showed one nearby which had closed

2) it wanted to send me down a farm track / green lane which happened to cut the corner rather going via the main - a B road incidentally!

As I only tend to use Sat-Nav for finding unknown final destinations ( usually the last couple of miles) or for "off trunk road routes" when reaching a serious delay, I'm not too worried, but will carefully study the suggested route in the future!

Not impressed so far, will keep the Tom-Tom handy!

Not impressed so far, will keep the Tom-Tom handy! 

The MiB 1&2 systems are better than the first look appears.

Perhaps your golf club is not a good example, but in the normal use ist is one of the best car navigation systems I know.

Just tested a brand new Ford Sync 3 and is was horrible compared to my 3 years old Amundsen. 

Even the newest Mercedes-Benz Navigations have a horrible GUI and a really bad map display.

Tipp: Use the GPS coordinates as the destination. Just find your destination under Google Maps press right mouse "what ist here" and then you have the GPS coordinates wich you can use directly with the Amundsen.

Edited by A190