Best way to get phone kit in my FL Octavia VRS

Hi all, 

Quite new here, so hello first of all (I have been lurking for a while though!).

I wanted to get some input there possible regarding phone connectivity in car. My stereo has a Phone button, but it's not connected to anything as it only mutes what is playing. Is it possible to install the relevant bluetooth kit to get it working?

Failing that, does anyone have a Parrot kit or similar fitted? 

Finally, I'm after a car mount so I can have my iphone "clipped" to the dash. I used to have a brilliant Belkin adapter in my old car, but it doesn't work in my new VRS. 

Any pics, links or relevant stories appreciated!

EDIT: I should have added for those of you that don't have a crystal ball - I have a 2011 FL VRS with the Bolero (or whatever it's called) stereo.

Edited by Vegasphil

I'm curious if you've found out what parts you need and a cost yet??

I'm looking to do this too (along with parking sensors). They are the only two extra things I wanted on my car but couldn't get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll probably also need the mic. which fits up by the front interior light. Cable runs along the front edge of the headlining and down the A pillar. If your car has MFSW and/ or maxidot you can get Bluetooth modules which integrate with those features. As Mike says, you'll need some VCDS coding to get everything working.

I'm curious if you've found out what parts you need and a cost yet??

I'm looking to do this too (along with parking sensors). They are the only two extra things I wanted on my car but couldn't get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of kits and I'd expect to pay anything up to £150 for a full one including mic, wiring and a module.

The only real question is if you have maxidot or not as you need to fit different modules dependent on that.

For the non maxidot case I think the general advice is to go with either the 7P6 035 730 J (or above) or 5K0 035 730 D. These are controlled by your headunit assuming it's a bolero, amundsen or columbus.

There are plenty of ebay but I think they can be found cheaper elsewhere or if you buy the parts separately, examples:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252151766482

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272039072748

Agreed, I have a Columbus but no Maxidot so went for a 7P6 unit found on EBay for £40. Picked up a mic and wiring harness from Carsystems.pl for about £50 delivered from Poland. It works without Vcds coding but I may have got lucky. It does show a couple of errors/fault codes but functions perfectly.

Ahenners, sounds like it's not perfectly coded for your car.

It's probably quite easy to remove those last few errors if you post them in the vcds section. Nothing nicer than a complete scan with no errors logged.

Ahenners, sounds like it's not perfectly coded for your car.

It's probably quite easy to remove those last few errors if you post them in the vcds section. Nothing nicer than a complete scan with no errors logged.

Agreed, it's been working fine so it's been one of those "I'll sort it at some point" things to do. I don't actually have VCDS so will need to find a member in my area who does :)

I just wanted to add my two pence worth and ask if there are any links to sites that will sell the exact parts I need for me to be able to connect the Bluetooth on my bolero and still buy the genuine parts individually?

What is the price at the Stealers?

When you say it's easy, is there a tutorial to getting the dash apart (I will look for one) as I don't want a damaged dash?

I'm looking for these parts as I'd rather like to have Bluetooth soon!

Thanks

Karlos

Yes, that's what I meant by tutorials. On the mk5 golf you have to carefully remove dash trims without breaking clips before you can remove the stereo.

Also some assistance on where to run the cables so they come out under the seats correctly would be really useful.

20vKarlos, if you blackline has a Amundsen+ fitted you may just need a microphone fitting as many have BT included in the headunit but disabled.

To check, you need to pull the trim off around the headunit, unscrew the four torx screws and pull the headunit out. Somewhere it'll say MAC address and if this isn't all zero's your good. It can be activated using VCDS and running the cabling is easy.

The main facia around the headunit pulls off very easily, start at the bottom and work up.

Guides for a full install:

Great post here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/264135-installation-guide-oem-bluetooth/?p=3118095

And here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/76759-skoda-integrated-bluetooth-kits-maxidot-dash-pod-group-buy/?p=949154

I took a different route as I went over the glovebox and under the passenger seat. Most kits also include a foam cover with velco so you can stick it to the carpet rather than using the metal cage and bolts shown.

Get an Amundsen+ or RNS315.

If you're looking to upgrade to satnav and bluetooth then a Amundsen+ (RNS315) with bluetooth built in (check mac address as above) is a great option. Just bare in mind it costs about £150-£200 a year to upgrade the maps.

However, if as the OP appears to be you're happy with a non satnav unit then adding a BT module is much cheaper than swapping the bolero for a Amundsen+.

Just for clarity, the Amundsen (RNS310) never has BT fitted.

I went for the Fiscon kit in mine, quite pricey but very good! It links in with the stereo, mine's a Bolero without Maxidot and means you can use the 'Phone' button on the stereo without having any horrible kits stuck to the dash.

It cost me around £400 fitted so certainly wasn't cheap but it's another option.

http://www.mobileinstall.co.uk/skoda.html

If you're looking to upgrade to satnav and bluetooth then a Amundsen+ (RNS315) with bluetooth built in (check mac address as above) is a great option. Just bare in mind it costs about £150-£200 a year to upgrade the maps.

However, if as the OP appears to be you're happy with a non satnav unit then adding a BT module is much cheaper than swapping the bolero for a Amundsen+.

Just for clarity, the Amundsen (RNS310) never has BT fitted.

Exactly what this man said!

I went for the Fiscon kit in mine, quite pricey but very good! It links in with the stereo, mine's a Bolero without Maxidot and means you can use the 'Phone' button on the stereo without having any horrible kits stuck to the dash.

It cost me around £400 fitted so certainly wasn't cheap but it's another option.

http://www.mobileinstall.co.uk/skoda.html

I've just fitted a fiscon, really disappointed. Music streaming is mono, sounds dreadful.