Volvo C30 D3

TheBoyArmitage

Morning everyone, I thought I'd build a quick thread of my current project just to keep everyone in the loop.

Long story short... I had a MK2 fabia. I sold it a bought a Polo GTI.... And then I got bored and bought a Volvo....

Now.....

Once again, excluding a couple it has all the main option extras; Bluetooth, heated seats, that kinda thing.

It's a 2011 Volvo C30, it's the D3 model so it's a 2 litre/ 5 cylinder Diesel engine made by Volvo themselves. 150BHP standard and 350NM. Must admit... It shifts.

404c5643e3f94460476956c24e8abb8c.jpg80e919e33b74a299fee60af7a11b4f9c.jpg

So that's how it looked before I got my hands on it.

242c2d9ff2ad13f01759355f488662ba.jpge8632ee076a2e8dbdc69d400163857bd.jpg58f0f46f42786f6ec19fdf8f710ff037.jpg

After adding some wheels, Coilovers, tints, induction lot and straight through exhaust it's a completely different car! I'll keep this thread updated from now on! Let me know what you think!

Thanks guys

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Lovely looking car.

Bit of a random question in a project thread, but how usable is the boot on these in terms of size?

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Great choice, ignore anyone who days they're pensioner cars, they've not driven one. I really really like these. I delivered a few and they're one of very few modern cars I actually like.

Yes, Ford had an input, but that's no bad thing, the bits that volvo used from the focus, mainly the chassis, were worth keeping.

When it was originally released it shared quite a bit with the Focus. However as the car matured and volvo got sold it gradually got better. I didn't realise they had stopped using the 4pot diesels and were now using 5pots. I love the D5 engine so I imagine the D3 is really decent!

My best mate has a 2.0 petrol r-design and it looks awesome. I always fancied a T5.

• Like 1

When it was originally released it shared quite a bit with the Focus. However as the car matured and volvo got sold it gradually got better. I didn't realise they had stopped using the 4pot diesels and were now using 5pots. I love the D5 engine so I imagine the D3 is really decent!

My best mate has a 2.0 petrol r-design and it looks awesome. I always fancied a T5.

Al the 4 pot diesels were ford/pug engines and in my opinion not great. The 5 pot diesels are all Volvo engines and are much much better engines full stop. The reason I went from a c30 2lt diesel 4 pot to a v60 2lt 5 pot with a polestar map.

Morning everyone, I thought I'd build a quick thread of my current project just to keep everyone in the loop.

Long story short... I had a MK2 fabia. I sold it a bought a Polo GTI.... And then I got bored and bought a Volvo....

Now.....

Once again, excluding a couple it has all the main option extras; Bluetooth, heated seats, that kinda thing.

It's a 2011 Volvo C30, it's the D3 model so it's a 2 litre/ 5 cylinder Diesel engine made by Volvo themselves. 150BHP standard and 350NM. Must admit... It shifts.404c5643e3f94460476956c24e8abb8c.jpg80e919e33b74a299fee60af7a11b4f9c.jpg

So that's how it looked before I got my hands on it.242c2d9ff2ad13f01759355f488662ba.jpge8632ee076a2e8dbdc69d400163857bd.jpg58f0f46f42786f6ec19fdf8f710ff037.jpg

After adding some wheels, Coilovers, tints, induction lot and straight through exhaust it's a completely different car! I'll keep this thread updated from now on! Let me know what you think!

Thanks guys

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recognise this from the c30 Facebook page?

They are a good car with the last of line D3 and D4 engines in them, (basically same 5 pot 2.0litre lump with differant hp outputs)

Altho my parents had a V50 R-design D5 and that wasn't shy,

Just a note next time you have wheels off,

drop nearside front arch liner out and unbolt take cover off engine ecu box (4x torx 30's) and drop ecu out and give it a clean and drill a couple of holes 4mm holes in bottom of box and then get some ptfe grease and spray ecu with it and refit,

all will become obvious as to why when you open ecu box

Edited by Volvomeg
  • Like 1

They are a good car with the last of line D3 and D4 engines in them, (basically same 5 pot 2.0litre lump with differant hp outputs)

Altho my parents had a V50 R-design D5 and that wasn't shy,

Just a note next time you have wheels off,

drop nearside front arch liner out and unbolt take cover off engine ecu box (4x torx 30's) and drop ecu out and give it a clean and drill a couple of holes 4mm holes in bottom of box and then get some ptfe grease and spray ecu with it and refit,

all will become obvious as to why when you open ecu box

tell me more.... im intrigued!

The engine ecu box is also part of the airbox system and the ecu gets wet quit often

I've seen a few fail but apparently water ingress isn't the problem altho am very skeptical as they usually quiet corroded round joints 

They usually log egr faults and cause the engine to cut out randomley,