Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

thanks petrol dave.. I downloaded the 2019/20 ones that are available on the skoda update site and put them on the sd card and get an error message saying..please insert a medium with valid navigation data.... I tried in fat32...and ntfs and still nothing.. the reason I ask about the 490 firmware was to try and get a better sound out of the crappy standard headunit before I upgrade the speakers... my current software is 435.. any help is appreciated.. was going to order a new ad card from a dealer on flea bay with 19/20 maps on...many thanks

2 hours ago, vrs77 said:

I tried in fat32...and ntfs and still nothing

The card must be formatted FAT32, and in my experience with the cluster size set to 4kB to make all the files fit.

What part number is the SD card? The normal one for a MIB1 Amundsen is 5E0 051 236 (any suffix letter) but you can also use the MIB2 Amundsen SD card which is 5L0 051 236 (any suffix letter).

I would do a quick format of the SD card, unzip the downloaded file onto a folder of your hard drive and then copy all the resulting folders and files (a folder named markets and a file named DBinfo.txt) onto the SD card. That has always worked for me.

Hello guys, 

This seems to be the right place to get some help. Can someone provide me the 049 firmware for my Amundsen MIB1?  Does the picture contain all necessary information or do you need something more?

Best Regards 

Daniel

IMG_20191122_065831.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could someone share the download link with me too? I have the exact same version as in the picture in the last post.

One question, which I didn't manage to answer from some research online. I have this problem, that I cannot connect my phone with bluetooth. The car just says: "telephone not available." May this issue be resolved by a firmware upgrade, or is my car simply missing the bluetooth hardware? 

Hi 
Can someone please provide me the newest firmware for my Amundsen MIB1 (Skoda Octavia MKIII)?

Here are the tech details:
sw: 0421
hw: 040
device: 5E0035874A

As far as I've learned, the newest available firmware for my model is 0490.

I'm experiencing a problem with "self switching" of radio stations and changing other settings, in particular after a cold night (subzero temperatures). It seems to be related to the moisture on the screen surface. I've found an info on one of the forums that with newer sw versions the screen sensitivity was decreased and the problem was solved.

Thanks in advance.
Regards

1 hour ago, VelBul said:

gmail.com

1 hour ago, VelBul said:

@gmail.com

8 hours ago, source said:

Write your email

warning to all, it's not good practice to post personal details on a public forum. Please pm people and get your emails details removed from your posts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I simply don´t know where to find a new firmware. So please, if any who know, could be kind sending me a link.

My Columbus is:

• Device Name: 5E0035043D
  • Hardware: H44
  • Software: 0370

Thanks!

On 12/11/2015 at 11:28, aki78 said:

I have updated my Amundsen from 0435 to a newer version which can be found on the net. :)

I don't want to share the link here to avoid deletion but I will kindly PM it together with the instructions.

VCDS or VAS is needed for the last step of updating (to confirm SW version change and clear some fault codes).

This update is suitable for MIB1 Amundsen and Bolero and can solve some issues (sound quality, FM reception, graphics, touchscreen).

In my case (0435 Amundsen with Canton) I noticed the following:

- far better playback quality (decoding) of lower bitrate mp3's (now it's hard to tell the difference between 192 and 320 kbps)

- some change in EQ frequencies (slightly deeper bass / clearer treble)

- noticeable gain in treble (now +6 is like +9 before)

- some gain in maximum volume without automatic bass limitation

- better shuffle playback algorythm in case of hundreds of mp3's in the same folder (mine kept repeating the same 40-50 mp3's)

- better (but still not perfect) access of SD card on start (occassionally the HU still switches to CD/radio)

I never listen to the radio so can't tell anything about FM reception. :)

UPDATE IS DONE AT EVERYBODY'S OWN RISK!!!

I´m trying to PM aki78, about the formware update but I get a message that he cannot receive messages. 😞 

I have a Octavia 3 1.6TDI Greenlite 2016, currently on HW:041 and Software: 0435, if aki78 reads this anymore, or anybody who has the update, could you PLEASE share the latest update and the info on how to upgrade. Also If you know how to enable the voice commands as well.

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, smic717394 said:

aki78, about the formware update but I get a message that he cannot receive messages.

Well, the only reason I can see for that would be if their PM store is full.

Oh and I have no idea what "formware" is (and no firmware for an Octy 3).

5 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Well, the only reason I can see for that would be if their PM store is full.

Oh and I have no idea what "formware" is (and no firmware for an Octy 3).

Hi mate,

Thanks for reply, but I don’t see the point in replying if you not going to help, except of course pointing out an obvious spelling mistake, I hope you didn’t get too confused about it. I´m on 0435 and are others that updated to 0490 instead. Thanks for the reply anyways, I was extra careful this time not to mistype.

I´m now on:

Hardware: 041

Install SW Train Version: MSTD_EU_SK_P3420

Installed SW MU Version: 0435

Part Number: 5E0035864A

Software Version: 13.41.19_H15.10.138_STDNav_EU

Thank you.