Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

2 hours ago, caprixpack said:

Currently trying to upgrade our amundsen with the new maps. 

This is my current firmware version. 

Before I start do I need the latest software version?

No, you don't need to update the software to use the latest 2020 maps.

Hi,

I updated the other day and everything still working. Just want to share my experience. First of all thank you guys for the firmware. I created a USB Toshiba 3.0 16GB formatted to FAT 32 and copy the folders and the meta file to the root of the USB drive.  The instructions say to do it with the engine turned off and the lights but, just for the sake of trying and as well to make sure the battery doesn't run flat during the update, I decided to do it with the engine running. 

I turned off the lights, disable the auto start/stop and A/C, eject any SD cards I had inserted in the unit from the glove-box. Insert the USB and keep pressed the menu button about 10 sec until you get to the service menu, then click update, the unit will look for the update, once it found the update, came with a list of what will update and what will skip (I guess because they already updated), I didn't change anything at this point and click update.

Everything started fine, the first step is to download the files in steps from the USB to the internal memory, before updating, very clever, this way it minimise the risk of bricking the unit. 

At download 2 of 14 it gave me an error message, I kinda panic a bit, although I new that at this point nothing was updated because it was just uploading the files from the stick, but still. I pressed retry, the unit rebooted and tried again download 3, took a bit longer but yet gave me the same error message, I clicked again retry ... and so on 4 times. The forth time the download was successful. Then just follow the steps. 

The unit will reboot several times, and some of the time the screen will stay black for longer time, don't panic, don't try to stop it, just stay calm, it will finish.  When you get the radio o GPS or whatever you had before the update then its done. 

The update its very clever, and I'll say very safe. It first uploads the files in a sequence to its internal memory then you will get a shadow copy screen (This is the danger zone), this is when it erase the eprom and copy the new files. Even if for whatever reason it fail and you cant turn on the unit, I see it has some sort of emergency  OS, that I guess is some sort of safe mode to try to restore the unit. The emergency OS is the last thing the unit will update.

As you can see from the photos, I was on 435 and now I´m on 490, visually I haven't noticed any changes, maybe the screen is more responsive, and the music sound better but it could as well just be my subconscious. Somethings has change, the update is almost 5GB so something must have change.

Is it worth the upgrade, I´ll say from 435 to 490, not really, if your unit works at it should leave it as it is. If someone have a changelog, it will be interesting to see, what has change.  

Again thank you BATVANVRS  and Madz0r  for the update and everybody who is contributing on this forum. 

Update1.thumb.jpg.35584a60f817d84cb2c11d2f292a1b71.jpg

update2.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I felt like I was searching the entire internet, while nobody in my home forum got the actual firmware 0490 for Amundsen MIB1. I have read here about some sound improvement coming with that version for my canton system, and i need to check for that😋.

Maybe a generous person is sharing the update with me?

My system:

Part number: 5E0035864A

Hardware: 041

Software: 0435

Btw: Will the bootlogo change when flashing new firmware? (Mine shows the vrs-logo😎)

Many thanks in advance,

Comix

On 13/2/2020 at 0:14, smic717394 said:

Hola,

Actualicé el otro día y todo sigue funcionando. Solo quiero compartir mi experiencia. En primer lugar, gracias chicos por el firmware. Creé un USB Toshiba 3.0 de 16 GB formateado en FAT 32 y copié las carpetas y el metaarchivo en la raíz de la unidad USB. Las instrucciones dicen que lo haga con el motor apagado y las luces pero, solo por intentarlo y también para asegurarme de que la batería no se agote durante la actualización, decidí hacerlo con el motor en funcionamiento. 

Apagué las luces, desactivé el encendido / apagado automático y el aire acondicionado, expulsé de la guantera todas las tarjetas SD que había insertado en la unidad. Inserte el USB y mantenga presionado el botón del menú durante aproximadamente 10 segundos hasta que llegue al menú de servicio, luego haga clic en actualizar, la unidad buscará la actualización, una vez que la encontró, vino con una lista de lo que se actualizará y lo que se omitirá (Supongo que porque ya se actualizaron), no cambié nada en este momento y hice clic en actualizar.

Todo comenzó bien, el primer paso es descargar los archivos en pasos desde el USB a la memoria interna, antes de actualizar, muy inteligente, de esta manera se minimiza el riesgo de bloquear la unidad. 

En la descarga 2 de 14 me dio un mensaje de error, me asusté un poco, aunque supe que en este momento no había nada actualizado porque solo estaba cargando los archivos desde el dispositivo, pero aún así. Presioné reintentar, la unidad se reinició e intenté nuevamente descargar 3, tardé un poco más pero me dio el mismo mensaje de error, hice clic nuevamente para volver a intentar ... y así sucesivamente 4 veces. La cuarta vez que la descarga fue exitosa. Luego solo sigue los pasos. 

La unidad se reiniciará varias veces, y algunas veces la pantalla permanecerá en ***** durante más tiempo, no se asuste, no intente detenerla, solo mantén la calma, terminará. Cuando obtienes la radio o el GPS o lo que sea que tenías antes de la actualización, ya está hecho. 

La actualización es muy inteligente, y lo diré muy seguro. Primero carga los archivos en una secuencia en su memoria interna, luego obtendrá una pantalla de instantáneas (Esta es la zona de peligro), es cuando borra el eprom y copia los nuevos archivos. Incluso si por alguna razón falla y no puede encender la unidad, veo que tiene algún tipo de sistema operativo de emergencia, supongo que es algún tipo de modo seguro para intentar restaurar la unidad. El sistema operativo de emergencia es lo último que actualizará la unidad.

Como puede ver en las fotos, estaba en 435 y ahora estoy en 490, visualmente no he notado ningún cambio, tal vez la pantalla responde mejor y la música suena mejor, pero también podría ser mi subconsciente . Algo ha cambiado, la actualización es de casi 5 GB, por lo que algo debe haber cambiado.

Vale la pena la actualización, diré de 435 a 490, no realmente, si su unidad funciona, debería dejarla como está. Si alguien tiene un registro de cambios, será interesante ver qué ha cambiado.  

Nuevamente, gracias BATVANVRS   y  Madz0r   por la actualización y todos los que están contribuyendo en este foro. 

Update1.thumb.jpg.35584a60f817d84cb2c11d2f292a1b71.jpg

update2.jpg

Hi, could you send me the software and instructions privately please.

That is my version, oh and by the way I am from Spain 1 greeting friend.

IMG_20200310_195634.jpg

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forums, as I just got my 2015 Octavia with Amundsen Hardware 041, currently running 0435 software. After reading about all the benefits, I would like to update it to 0490 version.

Can someone send me the link to PM or to [email protected]?

Thank you in advance...

On 11/03/2020 at 00:36, dapemi27 said:

Hola amigo, mandame un correo o mensaje privado y te envio el enlace.

On 11/03/2020 at 00:36, dapemi27 said:

Hi, could you send me the software and instructions privately please.

That is my version, oh and by the way I am from Spain 1 greeting friend.

IMG_20200310_195634.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I´m from Germany

I have Hardware 040

Sodtware 0421

Could someone please send me the link and instructions? I'm Amundsen MIB1 on hardware 040 and software 0421. Thank you in advance!

Thanks!

Edited by john999boy
Email removed

11 minutes ago, marouane59 said:

Hello

I´m from France

I have Hardware 040

Software 0421

Could someone please send me the link and instructions? I'm Amundsen MIB1 on hardware 040 and software 0421. Thank you in advance!

email: em.marouane@hotmail.fr

check your email...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Can someone help me please ?

I have:

Car: Octavia RS 2014

SW Train: MHIG_EU_SK_K1552

Sw Mu: 0411

Part numberL 5E0035020C

Soft Vers: 14.19.0_H15.17.1518_HIGH_EU

My previous Colombus had no sound anymore. I bought one ebay, I first had the issue of "protection components" and Skoda did fix this. (Now I have sound :-).

However, I have 3 errors: no ACC (front assist), Navigation data in the infotainement is not valid & cannot choose driving mode.

Any idea on how to fix this ? Skoda was struggling with this...

Thanks in advance for your help !

Sam