Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

4 hours ago, SDC said:

Would that apply to any hardware version?

Mine's:

5E0035874

Hardware: 038

Software: 0132

My wife took it in for the fancy service before Christmas, the one where they're actually supposed to update software, according to their website.

Thanks.

I think as long as it's a MIB1 Amundsen then the firmware update will work on any hardware version. I can PM you the update if you like. When you update, the system only picks files that can be updated at that time so I would imagine if is isn't compatible then it will just reject it. If it were my car I'd definitely give it a try. PM me if you want the update :).

• 2 weeks later...

SOG110 - how did you upgrade?

I have a new (to me!) late 2014 Octavia mIII VRS. The system info states: 

Part number: 5E0035842A

Hardware: 041

Software: 0435

Media Codec: N/A

Looks the exact same except mine must have no satnav, despite being the same model?

Any guidance very welcome!

Mike

On 29/12/2018 at 07:19, SOG110 said:

Thank you very much  FluffyEyeball and Batvanvrs for their help, everything worked great.

I have a feeling I'm having issues using maps on my Amundsen MIB2 because of the firmware version being 0133 or H05? Does anyone have a link to the latest firmware and instructions on how to install it? Dealing with Skoda Australia is a dead end. 

On 12/11/2015 at 11:28, aki78 said:

I have updated my Amundsen from 0435 to a newer version which can be found on the net. :)

I don't want to share the link here to avoid deletion but I will kindly PM it together with the instructions.

VCDS or VAS is needed for the last step of updating (to confirm SW version change and clear some fault codes).

This update is suitable for MIB1 Amundsen and Bolero and can solve some issues (sound quality, FM reception, graphics, touchscreen).

In my case (0435 Amundsen with Canton) I noticed the following:

- far better playback quality (decoding) of lower bitrate mp3's (now it's hard to tell the difference between 192 and 320 kbps)

- some change in EQ frequencies (slightly deeper bass / clearer treble)

- noticeable gain in treble (now +6 is like +9 before)

- some gain in maximum volume without automatic bass limitation

- better shuffle playback algorythm in case of hundreds of mp3's in the same folder (mine kept repeating the same 40-50 mp3's)

- better (but still not perfect) access of SD card on start (occassionally the HU still switches to CD/radio)

I never listen to the radio so can't tell anything about FM reception. :)

UPDATE IS DONE AT EVERYBODY'S OWN RISK!!!

Hello aki78, 

can you sent me the link?

from the page with sw 0490? 

Per PN 

thanks

Hello aki78 im a seat leon driver i have a mib 1 with old old firmware. I searching the World wide Web for many days, i fund you with the Software. Thats the same to seat mib 1.i have the soundsystem thats no Problem? 5,8 easy connect by seat is the name.. Can you help Me please?? 

Sorry my english Not soo good, thats school english in good old germany :excl:l

On 23/11/2016 at 18:28, aki78 said:

I didn't notice anything compared to 0475.

Amundsen manual zoom is still useless (very slow), route planning speed as before, etc.

Sound/graphics improvements: probably nothing.

Maybe it's just a fix for some issues as it was mentioned on a russian forum.

Unfortunately I am still getting memory card error messages sometimes (just when starting the car), like with previous versions...... :swear: :swear: :swear:

Heloo Aki..can you send me the update 0490 version for my octavia 3..thanks a lot in advnce!!