Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a long time to download the latest software update for my Amundsen MIB1 system.

I have seen that many of you have the latest firmware. If someone could send it to me it would be very helpful !

Below is a screenshot of my current system:

PXL_20230116_170242231.jpg

4 minutes ago, JoLaDouille said:

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a long time to download the latest software update for my Amundsen MIB1 system.

I have seen that many of you have the latest firmware. If someone could send it to me it would be very helpful !

Below is a screenshot of my current system:

PXL_20230116_170242231.jpg

Welcome, I can send link to you in a few moments

Edited by varooom

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sebbz said:

Wow amazing thank you!

It might not be compatible yet, but you can try it (it will reject if not correct/supported)

SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_VW_P0050*, MHIG_EU_VW_P0066*, MHIG_EU_VW_P0070*, MHIG_EU_VW_P0344*, MHIG_EU_VW_K0344*, MHIG_EU_VW_P1054*, MHIG_EU_VW_P1532*, MHIG_EU_VW_P1534*, MHIG_EU_VW_P1538*, MHIG_EU_VW_K1540*, MHIG_EU_VW_K1550*"

Hi Guys. 

New to Skoda and the forum. I’ve acquired a used 2015 Octavia 3 (Greenline) Estate with mib 1 Amundsen. There appear to be no smart link or mirror link or CarPlay options from default menu. Is there anything I can do through updating that will introduce this functionality? I’d like to get into tinkering with this system but also appears to be no green testing mode (tried long push on menu button). Is this testing mode something I can switch on via OBDeleven (which I don’t have but am considering) or is it only an mib2 function? Incidentally my old basic OBD2 (elm) Wi-Fi dongle refuses to connect to ECU on this vehicle - is that something I should be concerned about? Finally I’ve attached a pic of my update status below - what improvement/added functionality is possible with the latest updates?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry to go on a bit. I’m just excited to be here!

Mark. 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, SaintSkoda said:

Hi Guys. 

New to Skoda and the forum. I’ve acquired a used 2015 Octavia 3 (Greenline) Estate with mib 1 Amundsen. There appear to be no smart link or mirror link or CarPlay options from default menu. Is there anything I can do through updating that will introduce this functionality? I’d like to get into tinkering with this system but also appears to be no green testing mode (tried long push on menu button). Is this testing mode something I can switch on via OBDeleven (which I don’t have but am considering) or is it only an mib2 function? Incidentally my old basic OBD2 (elm) Wi-Fi dongle refuses to connect to ECU on this vehicle - is that something I should be concerned about? Finally I’ve attached a pic of my update status below - what improvement/added functionality is possible with the latest updates?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry to go on a bit. I’m just excited to be here!

Mark. 

image.jpg

This is a job for @pab567 who will come along and suggest what can be done, it might be overall better to swap over to a MIB2 unit (which he can sell or suggest parts to buy)

Recommend you have your VIN ready to go, as that might be next question to answer.

To get SmartLink (Android Auto + MirrorLink + Apple CarPlay) you must have both glove box and display units exchanged. You can install one of four different glove box units:
- MIB2 Bolero
- MIB2 Amundsen
- MIB2 Columbus
- MIB2.5 Columbus

You also need to replace display unit:
- for MIB2 Bolero you can use either 6.5" model number 5E0919605H or 8" model number 5E0919605N
- for MIB2 Amundsen and MIB2 Columbus you can use listed above display as well as 6.5" model number 5E0919605J, 8" model number 5E0919606, 8" model number 5E0919605M
- for MIB2.5 Columbus the only display unit that works is 5E0919606D

If you would like to have also support for Apple CarPlay or better phone charging (current up to 1.5A comparing to 0.5A) then USB must be replaced as well.

The question is what is your budget and which of listed below features are "must have":
1. Video playback from DVD, USB, SD
2. CD playback
3. OEM navigation
4. displaying OEM maps na Virtual Cluster (Active Info Display).

• Thanks 1

Thanks pab567. 
Sounds like mib 1 is limited to what I have at the moment. 
To be honest, video or cd playback not that important  to me. 
I would have liked to have kept OEM maps and associated in-instrument directions but I think I may well sacrifice this in favour of one of the cheap Android based 10” displays that will retain the car menu options whilst providing onboard Nav apps, phone menu, DAB etc etc. I think a solution like that gives me the Carplay access I want, a large hi-res screen and all for less than £200. I’m guessing that upgrading to mib 2 with a larger display is going to cost 2 or 3 times that?

On 08/03/2023 at 00:06, varooom said:

You should hold down your Menu key for 10 seconds to find your Software Train value and post back.

Installierte SW Train Version: MHI2_ER_SKG11_P2104_1

SW MU Version: 0318

Teilenummer: 3V0035020B

Software-Version: H25.14.38_HIGH2_EU

Thank You for Support.

1 hour ago, simonborna said:

Installierte SW Train Version: MHI2_ER_SKG11_P2104_1

SW MU Version: 0318

Teilenummer: 3V0035020B

Software-Version: H25.14.38_HIGH2_EU

Thank You for Support.

I have sent  you an update via PM