vRS TDi recall campaign - boost sensor

My dealership have been in touch yesterday, saying there is now a recall campaign to change the boost sensor on my vRS as many users have experienced issues with hesitation under acceleration.

Wonder has anyone else had this done yet? Or suffered with issues?A quick scan of the forum suggests its not been discussed recently.

• Like 1

A Manufactures Service Campaign Recall Action then, contacting only Registered Keepers on their System then,

or is it a Proper Recall with all Registered Keepers contacted?

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

?

Does you car come up here as being part of a Recall Action?

Bugger, just typed my VIN in and there's one been found for my car. It's only three months old!!! Ah well see what it is I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did hear something about this but my dealer not got in touch as of yet hope they don't as my vRS TDI is going well at the moment

yeah mine too. Absolutely no issues from me either. Not overjoyed at the possibility of having to take mine back in.

• Like 1

I dont know why you everyone is complaining.

Surely its better they change a part that is potentially faulty than leave you running round until it breaks & your car is in limp-home.

Seems like pretty good customer service to me.

Taking your car to the dealer at your convenience is much better than being in limp-home on your family vacation in the south of France I would have thought.

• Like 1

re post #11.

What is good is when 'All Registered Keepers' are contacted,   but that is not what happens with Skoda Service Campaigns, 

they are not 'Recalls',

Because all possible affected vehicles are not 'Recalled',  even with a 'World Wide Recall' like with the DQ200 DSG,

that might Exclude the EU/UK, 

A year or 2 might pass if a car is not in for a Service, or a Dealer might call you if they have your Details because they sold the Car 

New or Used,

If Skoda UK Customer Services and Dealers do not have contact because you bought a Car Private or from a Independent Dealer 

or you have Servicing out with the VW Dealership Network you are not Contacted.

Less Secret Service Campaigns, would help.

UK VIN Checkers are just a recent thing, but Skoda should have a proper list of Service Campaign Items, 

& TPI's should not be 'For our eyes only'.

Tell the Owner or Driver of a vehicle honestly, what the issue or potential issue is, and then everyone knows, 

less speculation etc.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Skoda New Zealand can do a proper Service Campaign, set it out on a Official Skoda Website as it is,

explain an issue.

eg

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

Edited by goneoffSKion1

Checked mine - no recalls found, but it's MY15

The VIN checker lies (or I can't work it)!!! - I just had call from my dealer asking me to bring it in for this issue! Booked for next Monday.

Edited by Exeterj

That is the problem with VIN Checkers, they might show a 'Recall Action' as Skoda now call them, 

But they are Service Campaigns, and all do not show,  and then there might be a TPI  Technical Product Information)

You ask at a Dealership Service Desk and they dismiss it because they are clueless, badly trained, disinterested, dangerous,

or just hopeless.

So very hit and miss with Service Campaigns, Recall Actions, Recalls etc, not just with Skoda but VW, Seat and Audi.

Maybe Alasdair Stewart Brand Director Skoda UK can talk to his bosses and get their act together.

Maybe people that see how hit or miss it can be can tell Skoda UK Customer Services.

Noticed the symptoms on mine alright which was built mid July, not as pronounced as it was on the FR but still there. Nice to get it sorted.

Edited by EoinM

Noticed the symptoms on mine alright which was built mid July, not as pronounced as it was on the FR but still there. Nice to get it sorted.

hi mate, what symptoms are you experiencing? Cheers.

hi mate, what symptoms are you experiencing? Cheers.

Slight hesitation at times when off throttle and you go to accelerate gently in a high gear or if you take a corner in a slightly too high a gear its a bit lumpy.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Oddly enough starting to wonder whether my few week old Golf GTD may be starting to suffer the early stages of such a failure.

Out of nowhere the other day it stuttered badly, the coil light started flashing, went into limp mode and it came up with an ACC fault....when I stopped the car reported a stop start error as well.

Ignition off and on again errors went away and has been OK since.... could be a one off but one does wonder.

I do also notice at speed when youve been crusing a while when you call up some strong acceleration the car doesnt give its all for a couple of seconds or so...its quite noticeable as full throttle chimes in....that said my previous GTD did the same....apparently something to do with EGR/Emissions control or something....though my 150 doesnt do it.

Aaaargghhh, just seen this thread and entered my VIN into the Skoda recall notice web page- guess what? Recall notice! I have a 65-plate diesel vrs estate that I only collected from the dealership a week ago Saturday just gone! Not happy. It doesn't even tell you what the recall is for.

I dont know why you everyone is complaining.

I'm just a bit miffed that the car was in for warranty work last Monday...... this Monday I find theres a recall...it's a pity their system wasn't clever enough to flag for an outstanding recall seeing as its sitting in the workshop.

Turns out mine is affected. The car's only 5 weeks old as well.....

Response from the Skoda website:

Dear customer,

a recall campaign has been found for the entered VIN #################.

Please contact your preferred service partner as soon as possible, who will provide you with all necessary information and service to ensure your safety and car functions. If further assistance is needed, please contact the „ŠKODA Customer Hotline“.

• Like 1

What annoys me here is that surely this issue hasn't just arisen? So when your dealership knows you are going to collect your new car, wouldn't you have thought when they are doing their PDI check of your vehicle that they'd check for recall notices? It ain't rocket science! And before anybody says 'the dealerships aren't always aware of recall notices' well they bl**dy should be! Skoda keeps winning all these customer satisfaction and what car car of the year awards yet customers are being inconvenienced like this unnecessarily after having spent thousands of pounds. Sorry, but it's hit a nerve and in my particular circumstances it could have been avoided! Rant over!

• Like 1