VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

13 hours ago, Ryeman said:

This is NOT a reply to RYEMAN  but an attempt to write a new message but which facility does not seem present.

Yesterday I received a call on my landline from Skoda asking  me to book my car into the  nearest dealer to have my car's engine done, to which I replied I will not be having  the software changes made. In response to being asked why,  I said so many persons have complained re sounding like a bag of nails ( pinking ) , much reduced  response in the lower rev band and MPG badly affected. The person said the changes do not change the performance of the car at all to which I said why bother with the changes?. The person from Skoda said  "in order to comply with legislation ".   So Skoda are admitting the vehicles were issued in a condition NOT complying with legislation but  the remedial action does not alter the performance of the car, which is not the experience of many who have gone ahead with the changes.

• Like 1

If there is nothing to remove what are they doing to the vehicle and why do they waist your time?.

I think the modern expression is WTF!

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

Interesting, but has no relevance to this thread.

No just not worth a thread......too many of them AFAIC 

Having quantified the deaths in children, I would be concerned that very serious charges may be lodged in U.S. courts.

Criminal and civil 

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1109238_vw-diesel-cheating-produced-1200-premature-deaths-mit-study

Edited by Ryeman

As VW are set to plead guilty to very serious charges in a US court, conspiracy to defraud etc, it becomes important for the top German / EU politician to tell us she never knew anything before reading it in the press.

http://wdef.com/2017/03/09/volkswagen-set-plead-guilty-investigation 

http://politico.eu/article/merkel-media-first-to-tell-me-about-vw-emissions-cheating 

Even more important is that VW get more magazines (ones that are friendly to VW) to be sure a search using the key word VW shows that they may Build the ID Buzz.

Get first page of a Google Search.

Edited by Awayoffski

"11 million vehicles affected worldwide".

Outside of the U.S. did 'it' actually have an affect?.

If yes, what will it's removal do to the vehicle's performance/driveability?.

Most manufactures will promise their commitment to the environment that is until it hits the bottom line. So don't hold your breath then.

Commitment to EV, provided they can get a subsidy .

"Trust me I'm a Dr".

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-promises-environmental-leadership-after-record-sales-year

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/98890/volkswagen-underlines-focus-on-evs-and-new-battery-tech-at-annual-conference

Edited by vrskeith

'Aim for the stars, settle for global domination!'.

Any chance before the move on to all this new technology they do really put all past failures to bed.

Fix those faulty, 1.4, 1.8, 2.0 TSI with faulty components, and DSG boxes, and vehicles with rusting issues in or out of the 2/3 year warranty periods 

but not that old.

Put past failures to bed, pay your fines, sort out your various failures that you took good money off of customers before spending out on your next great thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

'Aim for the stars, settle for global domination!'.

Any chance before the move on to all this new technology they do really put all past failures to bed.

Fix those faulty, 1.4, 1.8, 2.0 TSI with faulty components, and DSG boxes, and vehicles with rusting issues in or out of the 2/3 year warranty periods 

but not that old.

Put past failures to bed, pay your fines, sort out your various failures that you took good money off of customers before spending out on your next great thing.

George, you should start a new thread "why I hate VW/VAG"

Oh ! that's awkward ,as you drive /own , above all things  a VAG product and it's also a diesel? lol

Edited by vrskeith

In other words VW will fight you in court were you don't have the resources to do so. They say it's fixed so everyone experiencing otherwise must be mad. Hope all these mad people spend their money elsewhere when it comes time for a new car. 

They could actually investigate those vehicles affected. The common denominator is they have all had the update. It could be something as simple as a pre-existing condition prior to the update that is causing the problem or  a sensor that is not compatible. To simply reject there is an issue creates more distrust, effects the residual value of those updated and kills customer loyality all of which are more commercially damaging than their current stance. What they learn from the investigation of those vehicles could stop them making the same error in the future which again would cost them more.